"Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox"

CitizenVectron

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That's not a denial.

SEGA's teasing something... even if they don't plan on talking about it at TGS.

Atlus was asking fans last year if they'd like to see Persona on other platforms.  I'd imagine whatever is going on has to do with Sega brining some of its popular titles to Xbox.  They didn't really give Microsoft all that much attention this generation.  I doubt the company is interested in selling right now as they're doing quite well.  

3 hours ago, vaxick said:

Atlus was asking fans last year if they'd like to see Persona on other platforms.  I'd imagine whatever is going on has to do with Sega brining some of its popular titles to Xbox.  They didn't really give Microsoft all that much attention this generation.  I doubt the company is interested in selling right now as they're doing quite well.  

Sega basically also saw the insane sales of Persona 4 Golden on PC and relatively quickly issued a statement that boiled down to "WE'RE GONNA WORK THESE MOTHERFUCKERS TO THE BONE TO GET EVERYTHING OUT ON MORE PLATFORMS"

On 9/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, sblfilms said:

These things really aren’t even arguable, but I’m guessing your view is not based in the business of filmmaking but in your personal enjoyment. I’m not talking about whether the output is good, I actually don’t like the MCU hardly at all, I’m talking about how some acquisitions are about continuing with business as usual and some are about finding value that is hidden for some reason. We don’t know which is which with the MA acquisition of Zenimax.

This is a good take, and it'll be interesting to see which road they take. 

Bethesda in particular could easily see some significant expansion. They've tried to expand the Elder Scrolls franchise beyond the huge single player titles, but I don't think any of those games have really taken off. Fallout is much the same, and who knows what the potential is for Starfield.

I can imagine a world where you have a rotation where this year we get an Elder Scrolls game, next year it's Starfield, then Fallout the year after. Throw another studio the job of making expansions for the games that do really well, task another with doing remakes of older titles, and now you've dramatically increased the output of the primary driver of the studio's value. I can easily see how MS would value and pay for more frequent Outer Worlds size games every year over a Skyrim every 3.

Just now, Dodger said:

The real benefit to all this is that if you have GP you won't have to pay for the Skyrim re release super special turbo edition for the XSX, because let's face it our dumb asses are still gonna play it again before TES 6 comes out. 

I always quit after killing the first dragon so maybe the 7th time will be the charm. 

• 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Microsoft acquisition of Zenimax/Bethesda appears to have been completed