Update: Sony confirms that Control - Digital Deluxe Edition and Control - Ultimate Edition are the same game and share the same license

Commissar SFLUFAN

As discovered by multiple users on ResetERA

Despite their detailed explanation of why they couldn't upgrade owners of the game and season pass to the Ultimate Edition, 505 Games launched Control Ultimate Edition and had accidentally upgraded owners of the Digital Deluxe edition to have Control Ultimate Edition.

They state that "The upgrade path that we are offering is only possible when upgrading from the same version of the game". This error has seemly exposed that the Ultimate Edition and the base game with season pass is in fact the same version of the game.

This. is. amazing.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, heydude93 said:

I mean it sucks, but if buying a second copy for PS5 also buys the chance of a sequel or new Alan Wake game, I'm for it I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I have heard it sold so badly to begin with that a sequel just won't happen. What's even more sad somehow is Borderlands 3 is offering a free upgrade even though Pitchford really fucking sucks.

ResetERA poster who already owns Control base game plus season pass on the PS4 attempts to redeem code for Ultimate Edition...and is informed that he already owns the game:

HjMcK3H.jpg

So, he spoke with a Sony CSR who confirmed that the base game plus season pass is the SAME GAME as the Ultimate Edition as they both share the SAME DAMNED license:

4ric9it.jpg

• Haha 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to 505 Games "accidentally" upgrades owners of Control Digital Deluxe Edition to Ultimate Edition...then revokes it, update: Sony confirms that Digital Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition are the same game and share same license
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Sony confirms that Control - Digital Deluxe Edition and Control - Ultimate Edition are the same game and share the same license
1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

ResetERA poster who already owns Control base game plus season pass on the PS4 attempts to redeem code for Ultimate Edition...and is informed that he already owns the game:

HjMcK3H.jpg

So, he spoke with a Sony CSR who confirmed that the base game plus season pass is the SAME GAME as the Ultimate Edition as they both share the SAME DAMNED license:

4ric9it.jpg

Oh I almost forgot :feelsgood:

So if you already have the one from launch day, you can't download the ultimate edition? You can't even get access to a next gen upgrade?  

Yeeeaah everyone by now knows they're being as anti-consumer as possible so it seems the best thing they could do is just admit they fucked up and provide an upgrade for all editions of the game.