The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

8 hours ago, Derek said:

I have no idea who Ben Shapiro is, but I watched his Batman ranking video and he does give off a 'punch me in the face' kind of vibe. And not because of his rankings, I don't care enough about Batman to agree or disagree.

He's an alt right super conservative influencer/host you could say. He spews hate and lies and he's a horrible person.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: full OST released on streaming services

The movie comes out in a week, Batman is my favourite superhero, and it looks like a great movie, so why am I not more excited for this? Is it my worry that I've seen this tone of movie for Batman already with the Nolan trilogy? Has covid and the lack of being to the theatre in two years killed my excitement for movies? Is it my depression? Under normal circumstances I would have had the release date burned into my brain, jumping with anticipation ready with my opening night tickets, but now it's like, oh yeah it comes out next week, and I guess I'll see it when I see it. 

Apparently AMC is doing a trial run of variable ticket pricing in which big in demand titles get higher prices.

Another example of theaters making dumb moves to hurt themselves. Discount movies to drive up demand, don’t inflate prices on stuff that is going to draw a crowd! Leaves a bad taste in consumer mouths

That’s fucking stupid of them. When my theatre (when I worked there) got rid of cheaper afternoon pricing some 20 years ago. We just went too a single price all day General Admission price (12.95) and Child/Senior was lIke $9.50. Then about 10 years ago we brought back cheap Tuesday pricing again and even greater 10% off that with your Scene points card. I thought all that was stupid back then, but this thing takes the cake.

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

this is great news for competing theatres in the same city as an AMC! 

I guess it works different in the states maybe. Before Cineplex bought Famous Players in Canada, our 2 companies would bid on prints to play in theatres. My city had one of each theatre and mine was newer, bigger, and more screens. Yet we didn’t get any Jurassic Park movies until 4. So the higher price makes me think that AMC must be offering premium screens/higher ticket profit with the distributor. Cineplex is now pretty much a monopoly in Canada minus someone like Regal theatres and so no more worries on bidding on films anymore.

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

I guess it works different in the states maybe. Before Cineplex bought Famous Players in Canada, our 2 companies would bid on prints to play in theatres. My city had one of each theatre and mine was newer, bigger, and more screens. Yet we didn’t get any Jurassic Park movies until 4. So the higher price makes me think that AMC must be offering premium screens/higher ticket profit with the distributor. Cineplex is now pretty much a monopoly in Canada minus someone like Regal theatres and so no more worries on bidding on films anymore.

i’m sure that happens in the states but i have a few large theatres around me and that def ain’t happening for something like batman 

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

Clearance (where theaters in the same geographical location got exclusive rights over the other) pretty much ended around 2016/2017, and is totally dead in the post Covid world where they want as many screens as possible. 

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There's nothing apparent about it at all!

They already kinda-sorta do this with A List being more expensive depending on where you live. They also do a bait and switch with the A-List $1 first month promo.

image.png

You're actually on the hook for full freight for months 2 and 3. Which I'm assuming is buried in the illegible text on the red box on the left (no you can't enlarge the image). If you try to cancel in the first month they'll force you to pay for months 2 and 3 all at once. Thankfully I put it on one of my Amex cards so instead of fighting with AMC about it beyond one attempt on Twitter chat (in which they told me to go pound sand, it's in the terms) I just let the charge go through and then told Amex it was fraudulent, I figured "fraudulent" includes the merchant making unauthorized charges and not just someone stealing your card number.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There's a scene in this movie that legit gave me chills... nothing we haven't seen before but so expertly done.

I know of what you refer. 

I want Matt Reeves to have all the money. Nobody is doing Blockbusters better than this guy at the moment.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Waiting 45 days to see this is going to be roughhhh.

Honestly it IS a movie to be seen on the big screen if you can. The score itself should be heard on a theater system and I have a 7.1 surround sound system. SO glad I saw this in the theater. I have a couple of questions I want to discuss so I'll wait for more folks to see the movie before I start posing questions.

• True 1

I'd like to see it in IMAX, but were any scenes filmed with IMAX cameras? I feel like after The Dark Knight, not filming a Batman movie with IMAX cameras would be a step back. If it wasn't I suppose I could just go to one of the other higher than regular admission screens. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I'd like to see it in IMAX, but were any scenes filmed with IMAX cameras? I feel like after The Dark Knight, not filming a Batman movie with IMAX cameras would be a step back. If it wasn't I suppose I could just go to one of the other higher than regular admission screens. 

I would like to know this too... I want to see it again and If i do, I'd definitely see it in Imax. EDIT: For those worried about the length of the movie (I myself was) it TOTALLY earns its runtime. I wanted MORE when it ended. Would LOVE to see an extended four hour Snyder cut of this :p