The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Great article on Batman's no killing code, how it came to be and why. Directly addresses some of the takes in I've seen in this topic.

23309f2d3d7847729fcb7d6617dc82aa
WWW.YAHOO.COM

“Remember we never kill with weapons of any kind!” Those words, uttered by the Caped Crusader to his partner, Robin, in Batman No. 4 (1940) marked...

I didn't realize his no killing code went back that far.

IIRC it's around that time that Superman also stopped doing things that would almost certainly end with people dying, and even straight up killing them a couple times, I think. Whitney Ellsworth mandated the heroes for the books he edited wouldn't kill. I thiiiiiiiiink that covered Superman and Batman? Superman / Action Comics for sure. The timing is around the same, so it seems likely. My golden age bar trivia game is weak.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Funeral Scene" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Funeral Scene" trailer, Pattinson compares tone to "Mask of the Phantasm"
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: OST track "The Riddler"
the-batman-matt-reeves.jpg?fit=3840%2C21
WWW.DENOFGEEK.COM

Exclusive: Director Matt Reeves opens up about The Batman's PG-13 rating and why it's not rated R.

But according to director Matt Reeves, the truth is that PG-13 was always the plan for his vision of the Batman mythos.

“In my mind, the movie was always going to be a gritty, edgy, noir, thrilling spectacle that was PG-13,” Reeves tells Den of Geek. “That was always what it was, but I always knew that we’d be pushing the limits of what that could be, and so we didn’t really have to cut anything. The promotional materials that you’re seeing, they’re fully reflective of the tone of the movie.”

And before the rumors start, Reeves wants fans to know that no, there isn’t an alternate version of The Batman put away in the WB vaults because it was too dark to hit a PG-13 rating.

“There isn’t some special cut of this movie where it’s like, ‘Oh yeah, here’s the R rating that you’ve been desperately wanting,'” Reeves says. “I didn’t have to suddenly start drastically cutting the movie or anything like that.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: Matt Reeves says that there is no "R-rated" cut of the movie
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: OST track "Catwoman"

So, I’ll just say Matt Reeves remains undefeated as a feature director.

I would *love* for him to do something in TV again, with a bonkers budget like he is getting in features.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I would *love* for him to do something in TV again, with a bonkers budget like he is getting in features.

He is helping create the spin offs for HBO Max. 

I finally listened to that Catwoman Theme and fuck is that ever one gorgeous theme (I’m high as fuck too which just added to it’s beauty) That sounded a lot like one of those calm just us watching the main female character watch as the scenery changes on a train/walk in nature. This theme is Joe Hisashi all over it and he just so perfectly quad up (what could of easily to my ears of been) in a Miyazaki film.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:07 AM, sblfilms said:

we need to know if he kills and how much 

• True 1