What are you playing today?

15 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Doom 2016.

Also played around with the Playstation Classic I got the other day; the damn things are like 29.99 now :lol:.  That's a 70 dollar price drop.  SMH.

Yeah, we picked on up at that price. Crazy how bad they are. We just did it for the controllers, really. And it's a near mini replica of the original system. It'll never be played, though.

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Bought it years ago for $7 and now it's worth around $600. We've never played it so we're gonna give it a try to see if it's halfway decent before deciding to sell it. 

$600?

The willingness to take a $600 game and risk damaging it even if the risk is inconsequential just to try it out is testament to your love of this hobby.

• Haha 1

I have been playing a bunch of Bloodstained today. It continues to be so much fun. This is the game I wanted. The music is fantastic.

I also have a Playstation mini. I figured it would be nice to have two USB controllers and it is cute and I might mod it someday maybe.

I was in a funk, unable to focus on any one game, and we all know the solution to that: buy another game! :p

I was able to get Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice from Target for about $25 after a combination of sales, discounts, and a gift card. I've played a few hours so far. I'm having a bit of hard time adjusting to some of the changes from their previous games, but I'm enjoying it so far. 

48 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Playing some Bayonetta right now. First time playing it in docked mode and I gotta say I prefer the controller. Dunno why I've been playing it in handheld all this time. 

Bayonetta 1 or 2? Also I like playing the switch with the stand and a pro controller.

Just finished A Plague Tale. It was really an awesome game. The best way to describe it is that its a cross between The Last of Us, Brothers: tale of two sons, Hellblade and Alan Wake. 

The gameplay was very basic but they kept adding new mechanics that helped it not get stale through the 12ish hours I spent on it. There were quite a few moments where you combine different mechanics which added some challenging sequences. 

The graphics and sound were amazing. Beautiful game overall. However the real highlight of this game is the unique setting, the story and the imagery. It was a haunting game. 

Highly recommend checking this out. 

I'm trying out Horizon Zero Dawn and so far, I like the combat (feels identical to Tomb Raider), it looks great, the story and setting is interesting and it controls well. I'm not sure how much I'll like the way the world map will definitely become overly cluttered with unnecessary missions, things to collect etc, but I'll keep plodding through. 

9 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm trying out Horizon Zero Dawn and so far, I like the combat (feels identical to Tomb Raider), it looks great, the story and setting is interesting and it controls well. I'm not sure how much I'll like the way the world map will definitely become overly cluttered with unnecessary missions, things to collect etc, but I'll keep plodding through. 

It’s not nearly as bad as the Witcher 3. I had to turn off the “?” Bc they were so overwhelming. I don’t recall feeling like that in horizon. 

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Elder Scrolls Online

How is it? Are you playing on Xbox?

I just downloaded it from gamepass and played through that first area, wailing prison.  I’m not really sure I feel like getting into an mmo now, but it seems ok so far. 

51 minutes ago, atom631 said:

How is it? Are you playing on Xbox?

I just downloaded it from gamepass and played through that first area, wailing prison.  I’m not really sure I feel like getting into an mmo now, but it seems ok so far. 

It’s great. I really love it but I’m also a huge Oblivion/Skyrim fan. I mean it’s an MMO so don’t expect any type of connecting story line. It’s nothing but random quests in different areas of the Bethesda universe. It’s more about getting to level 50 with the best build and then going to PvP. I’m playing on PS4 Pro. 

I've gotten back into Fallout 4. Modded the hell out of it, and I'm a god amongst the Commonwealth. It's actually a lot of fun this way.

Unfortunately, I have the game on Steam, which for some reason really limits the mods I'm able to find. I know I can mod it even further by changing the paths and all that, but just don't feel like going through the work to do that.