What are you playing today?

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Since I finished Dragon's Dogma and figured out how I could concentrate my efforts to beat a game, I've returned to Armored Core 3. I think the biggest hurdle for these games is you have to make money to get all the good parts again but I only have 3 fights left in the Arena so I'm pretty good to go now. I have not been using consorts though and I'm wondering if I should give them a try 🤔

I've also been sprinkling in some Tactics Ogre Reborn on the deck.

What was your playtime in Dragon's Dogma?

Put in some time on Double Dragon Advance..was conflicted between getting it and Super Double Dragon but ultimately went with the GBA game because its faithful to the look of the original arcade games (which matters to me for some reason)… plus it features the best bits from all iterations of the series including the hyper knee from nes DD2, and the party and weapon use from Super Double Dragon…

It definitely looms like a GBA game blown up but retains the look of double dragon and has the most extensive move list of the series… basically takes the levels of the original and add more levels.. also keeps the weird Madison nudity from the final cutscenes

Finally finished Rain Code last night. There are parts I like about this game but the story I don't feel is as strong or engaging as Danganrompa. With that said I hope they do make a follow up. Also chapter 5 really makes me wish the team did a pure horror game in this style because that made me really want to play a horror game right now (Maybe after UO). 

I've also swapped over to Unicorn Overlord, it was such a simple process to bring my save over and continue on. It might just be me but I feel the gfx are even better in the retail version than the demo. Some textures just look a bit less blurry but I might be over analysing.

-edit-

I forgot to mention I will go back to Rain Code for a bit in a few weeks. There is some side stories DLC where you play as other characters in the game. I want to play through those before I fully put the game away.

• Halal 1

While deciding which longer game to tackle next I picked up Brothers: A tale of two sons Remake. It’s really gorgeous and completely ridiculously overdone, using all of UE5’s features to such an extent that this top down view game brings the console twins to their knees (and series S to 450p!) - I own the original but never actually played it so this will be a fun in between game for a few hours - $20 seems a fair price.

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

WWE looks so fun this year. How are you liking it?

Im not a wwe guy but I enjoy My Faction  and showcase of the immortals.  I look at it as a fighting game with 200 characters.  There are still those wresting game wonky control moments or the cpu winning by count out but its a damn solid game with a ton of things to do even if you never go online. I havent tried the career modes but  I read they are fun. Im waiting until Im done the show case then I'll try career(s)

• Halal 1

On 3/8/2024 at 1:49 PM, stepee said:

While deciding which longer game to tackle next I picked up Brothers: A tale of two sons Remake. It’s really gorgeous and completely ridiculously overdone, using all of UE5’s features to such an extent that this top down view game brings the console twins to their knees (and series S to 450p!) - I own the original but never actually played it so this will be a fun in between game for a few hours - $20 seems a fair price.

This is really quite an enchanting game. I have no idea why they made a 4 hour art house game so technically demanding, but I suppose if you are going to bother to remake a game, it does make sense to go cutting edge so it will hold up another 10 years, which this certainly will. It’s not just the tech though, the art itself and the music and direction all combine to make it a beautiful experience. Definitely recommend this for $20 if you’ve never played it. Really glad they did this.

I started playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and I’m digging it. It’s a co-op third person cover shooter spin-off game in the Resident Evil series, and nothing like the main survival horror games. But I knew that going in, and I’m enjoying it for what it is. It’s a pure action shooter with you and three AI squad mates making your way through linear levels killing waves of soldiers, mobs of zombies and other RE enemies. The graphics are really good, and the gameplay is solid. It’s somewhat typical for the third person shooter genre, but still fun offering nonstop action.

Looking for more short, story-centric games to play and noticed I still had Stray Gods installed. I bought it a while back after playing Mario Wonder because I wanted a musical game that wasn't a rhythm game. Not much in that department. Stray Gods lists itself as an RPG, but it's really a visual novel. I, quite liked it. Good music, good voice acting, an engaging story, and your decisions feel like they matter.

Very happy I played this. Now to find my next short game ahead of Horizon Forbidden West hitting PC.

Was going to start assassins creed mirage but you gotta use your Ubisoft account to even play and for whatever reason my original account not link, my backup email said unavailable so I used a new account with my work email but I have to use a verification code I didn’t feel like bothering with. So fuck you ubisoft. All this just to play a damn game.

So I started up Final Fantasy 7 remake so I can get into Rebirth later. Hope I stick with it this time

• Sad 1

Started Dino Hazard. It's a bit like SNES Jurassic Park overworld exploration with turn based RPG battles. So far it's good though with lots of little issues. I've run into some minor bugs, the English script is lacking and a lot of the mechanics could use some explanation. You can choose offensive or defensive strategies for fight which result in either hate or love points. I think later you can capture dinosaurs Pokemon style if you use the mercy option. There doesn't seem to be a way to show mercy to robots so it's either run away or take the hate points. So far I think I'm going to like it despite the minor issues.

Thinking I’ll wait until Dragons Dogma 2 and play some of that before I decide which long game to tackle next, that game or Infinite Wealth, or Persona 5. So I’ll knock out a couple more smaller games while I wait. Playing Jusant finally, it’s really gorgeous and chill. 

Dont Nod is proving to be quite the diverse studio.

Also getting pretty close to the end of SF6 World Tour mode so should finish that in a day or two then I’ll go back to POP.

I started playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint again, and I’m enjoying it more now than I did a few years ago. Ubisoft made a lot of improvements to it, and it’s a much better game now. This video basically explains why:

Beat Dead Space Remake over the weekend... such an amazing game. Started my second playthrough of Cyberpunk in order to tackle the DLC. Also playing my daily allotment of Helldivers 2. Trying to decide which game I;m gonna start of the two big ones launching later this week. Leaning towards Rise of the Ronin.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1