What are you playing today?

Just now, Biggie said:

I need some Bethesda in my veins 

Will you beat it this time?

I'm doing the same thing as you in that I started playing Horizon Forbidden West again today. I have a history of bashing this game but I'm completely in for the ride on this again. I'll beat it for the second time but I'm also beating the campaign so that I can play the Burning Shores dlc. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Will you beat it this time?

I'm doing the same thing as you in that I started playing Horizon Forbidden West again today. I have a history of bashing this game but I'm completely in for the ride on this again. I'll beat it for the second time but I'm also beating the campaign so that I can play the Burning Shores dlc. 

Honestly doubtful. But I am enjoying it. It’s not bad but the disappointment of what it could have been made me stop playing. Revisiting it is much better. And with film grain and motion blur off it looks pretty damn good!

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Honestly doubtful. But I am enjoying it. It’s not bad but the disappointment of what it could have been made me stop playing. Revisiting it is much better. And with film grain and motion blur off it looks pretty damn good!

I feel the exact same way. Now that you're expectations are in check it's probably more enjoyable. Yes, Starfield looks amazing with great texture work. 

But I will always be disgusted with the characters faces. Especially the alien looking NPC'S. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

What in God's name lol. Why are you playing this again? 

Biggie need some waypoints and straightforward quests after playing Dragon's Dogma.

The main gripe with Dragon's Dogma is there is no fast travel and you don't know what to do on quests.

Starfield's main gripe is there is too much fast travel because you know exactly what to do and where to go.

:hmm:

• True 1

I bought Ark Ascended :/ 

I managed to avoid the game all these years but I have been really wanting to see this UE5 remake on pc as I’ve heard it’s stunning on high end. It finally came to gamepass and it indeed looks fantastic maxed out but there is no dlss on gamepass. I liked looking at the dino’s in UE5 enough that I spent the $45 for it on Steam. Dlss is working now and removed the cpu bottleneck completely and helps a lot though not as much as you’d hope on the gpu. Still running it at 1440p quality on a 4090 is probably the best to have frame gen work well which is kind of insane. Definitely up there with Avatar among the most realistic games though.

Ill try to get far enough on easy to where I can fly a dino cuz I see you can do that. I do wish this was not…this type of game. I want to run around and look at dino’s but I don’t want to worry about getting cold and shit. Maybe I can mod it to something more enjoyable.

Death Stranding - I’m now several hours beyond where I quit at launch (early chapter 3). I don’t know if they made a lot of balance changes for this version or if things are going more smoothly for me this time because I know what to expect, but I remember this game being far more frustrating/difficult. Things have been really smooth up to this point. 

• Halal 2

On 4/14/2024 at 12:06 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Biggie need some waypoints and straightforward quests after playing Dragon's Dogma.

The main gripe with Dragon's Dogma is there is no fast travel and you don't know what to do on quests.

Starfield's main gripe is there is too much fast travel because you know exactly what to do and where to go.

:hmm:

I will take fast travel and knowing what to do on quests over the frustrating bullshit that is called Dragon's Dogma 2. 

• Sicko 1

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Knee deep in Horizon Forbidden West. It took over 2 years for me to fully appreciate this games amazing world. I'm having so much fun. 

This is me, but replace Horizon Forbidden West with Starfield. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This is me, but replace Horizon Forbidden West with Starfield. 

Yea. Sometimes it takes me a long time to appreciate games. Aloy has really grown on me so that's a significant part of my enjoyment. She is pretty freakin badass. 

I purchased Dragons Dogma 2 and Ronin on release day. Played about 4 hours of DD2 and about 2 hours of Ronin. But now I really have no interest in going back to either one of them. Don't know why, just in a gaming funk. :/

• Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, nublood said:

I purchased Dragons Dogma 2 and Ronin on release day. Played about 4 hours of DD2 and about 2 hours of Ronin. But now I really have no interest in going back to either one of them. Don't know why, just in a gaming funk. :/

I've been there buddy. Sometimes you just need to take a break from everything and then come back when you feel rejuvenated. It happens to all of us. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, nublood said:

You can’t force gaming and trying to make it fun. Take a break. Whenever the urge hits you just fire up something and play. 

I’m making good progress on PepperGrinder. I got 100% on the first three worlds about to head to the fourth and final world. Game may be short but it’s priced right, is very replay-able and its mechanics just feel wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m making good progress on PepperGrinder. I got 100% on the first three worlds about to head to the fourth and final world. Game may be short but it’s priced right, is very replay-able and its mechanics just feel wonderful.

I had to look this up lol. You're a true gamer my friend.  😎 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Come back to Starfield. Its soooo damn good.

Maybe one day I'll have it in me to finally beat it. But I have no desire at the moment. It's really strange that I really disliked Forbidden West for 2 full years and then after this PC release I've awoken out of this slumber and truly appreciate the game. It's actually really freakin good. I'm talking to myself as I play and I keep saying this is a 10/10 game. I really have learned to enjoy Aloy a lot and that has helped out a lot. 

I forget why you don't like this franchise but if it's only because you think Aloy looks like Blake Griffin (who retired today) then you're missing out on some of the very best adventure games ever made.

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Maybe one day I'll have it in me to finally beat it. But I have no desire at the moment. It's really strange that I really disliked Forbidden West for 2 full years and then after this PC release I've awoken out of this slumber and truly appreciate the game. It's actually really freakin good. I'm talking to myself as I play and I keep saying this is a 10/10 game. I really have learned to enjoy Aloy a lot and that has helped out a lot. 

I forget why you don't like this franchise but if it's only because you think Aloy looks like Blake Griffin (who retired today) then you're missing out on some of the very best adventure games ever made.

The entire concept/story just doesn't interest me

Playing Inscryption. This is probably my fifth time starting over trying to get past 

Spoiler

The cabin. Holy Fuck I finally did it. I found the R&G to be pretty brutal. I couldn’t get anything really going until this one run where everything clicked perfectly and I cruised through it.  This game goes places and I love it  So hyped right now  

Hey fellow retro gaming aficionados,

I've been dwelling on something that's been eating me up inside, and I have to shout it from the digital rooftops: one of history's greatest tragedies is that we never truly savored an extended era of 32-bit 2D art in video games.

Just thinking about what could have been if studios had pushed the envelope further in 2D instead of pivoting to 3D makes me want to fire up my Sega Genesis and lose myself in the glorious sprites of Dynamite Headdy.

Let's talk Dynamite Headdy – that game is a masterpiece of 2D creativity and innovation. The level design, the characters, and that unbeatable charm! Treasure really outdid themselves.

Every time I blast through its stages, I'm reminded of the untapped potential of the 32-bit era. Imagine a world where Headdy’s adventures continued with even more detailed and expressive animations, more complex and intriguing backdrops, all taking advantage of the enhanced capabilities of 32-bit systems. We were on the brink of a golden age, my friends!

But no, the industry had to pivot to 3D. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good 3D game as much as the next gamer. But there was so much more to explore in the realm of 2D. The jump to 3D was rushed; it was like being forced to eat your dessert while you’re still savoring the appetizer. We missed out on the full maturation of 2D art, which could have brought about innovations we can’t even begin to imagine.

Just picture this: a Dynamite Headdy sequel with richer, more vibrant worlds, sprites that could express a full range of emotions, and gameplay that pushed 32-bit systems to their limits. It hurts to think about what could have been during an extended reign of 32-bit 2D games.

We need to remember and celebrate what games like Dynamite Headdy did for gaming, and we should keep dreaming about what might have been. Maybe, just maybe, developers will realize the beauty and potential of advanced 2D games and give us that renaissance we missed out on. Until then, I'll be here, controller in hand, revisiting the classics and keeping the 2D dream alive.

Keep those 16-bit machines humming and never stop dreaming of what could have been!

Long live 2D gaming! 🕹️

43 minutes ago, stepee said:

Hey fellow retro gaming aficionados,

I've been dwelling on something that's been eating me up inside, and I have to shout it from the digital rooftops: one of history's greatest tragedies is that we never truly savored an extended era of 32-bit 2D art in video games.

Long live 2D gaming! 🕹️

How do you feel about Bug!?