What are you playing today?

On 2/12/2024 at 2:47 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Likely playing Hell Divers 2 this evening. Tomorrow, it Banishers time! :sun:

I had zero interest in Helldivers 2 until basically every journalist has ben going nuts over it and now I’m sorely tempted. 

24 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Who's that? I tried finding a YouTube video but couldn't find one. I don't watch much streamers content.

Max's youtube page or do you mean a video of him winning?

Here's his youtube

https://www.youtube.com/@Maximilian_Dood

His twitch page, you can watch all his past broadcasts here

https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

This is the award

I didn't post the link because they screwed up the audio on his video on stream. Looked like it worked in person though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Who's that? I tried finding a YouTube video but couldn't find one. I don't watch much streamers content.

He is a really cool streamer 

33 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I’m gonna play Mario vs Donkey Kong today.

I can’t wait for Princess Peach

• Sicko 1

Got every achievement in We Love Katamari REROLL + Royal Reverie. My lowest item category % is 87% so I plan to try to get all items (already got that stupid cowbear). The item guide on Gamefaqs doesn't give a lot of detail except for a small selection of items and may have mistakes so there's a chance I'll give up. Not much of a chance that I'll go for 1,000,000 roses since even the 4% of that that I've done so far is stupidly tedious.

• Hype 1

50 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

DF touched on this in a video, seems like you can get it running at 30 and they have some settings in the video you can use.

Thanks. I'm specifically interested in the complete edition. I'll watch this now. 

53 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

DF touched on this in a video, seems like you can get it running at 30 and they have some settings in the video you can use.

They don't go through their settings lol. I'll have to play with it. I'm gunna get it. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They don't go through their settings lol. I'll have to play with it. I'm gunna get it. 

Reddit always has thread(s) on settings for games.  YouTube Steam Deck influencers as well.  DF probably isn't a great source for Deck (as they don't spend a huge amount of time on it).

41 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Reddit always has thread(s) on settings for games.  YouTube Steam Deck influencers as well.  DF probably isn't a great source for Deck (as they don't spend a huge amount of time on it).

I just figured the settings out on my own. I have everything set to high with raytracing off and it's running really well. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Now if I can just stomach Geralt I can finally enjoy this game. When I play games on the deck I'm so much more patient it's strange. Maybe it's because I'm in bed so comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just figured the settings out on my own. I have everything set to high with raytracing off and it's running really well. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Now if I can just stomach Geralt I can finally enjoy this game. When I play games on the deck I'm so much more patient it's strange. Maybe it's because I'm in bed so comfortable. 

I loved Witcher 3 -- my only issue with it was that there were too many systems that you don't need to engage with (the potions in particular).  I thought the Witcher 2's combat was better (even though the rest of the game wasn't).

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I loved Witcher 3 -- my only issue with it was that there were too many systems that you don't need to engage with (the potions in particular).  I thought the Witcher 2's combat was better (even though the rest of the game wasn't).

I originally beat it in 2015 but basically forget everything about it. I'm about 45 minutes in now. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Did you watch longer than 2 seconds? The first thing he does is describe the settings he's using

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Why can't I find reviews of The Witcher 3 complete edition for something other than the Switch?

Because it's The Witcher 3 with all the DLC and some graphical enhancements. Refer to Witcher 3 review and then think to yourself, "what if it had all the DLC?" and that's your review. :p

@Keyser_Soze I've played the complete edition on consoles and know it's good. I just wanted to read reviews on it. It's much more than just the base game and added dlc. It got re-hauled visually and other quality control improvements and it's a much better product than it was in 2015. 

Also, I did watch the video you linked but I thought they would have gone much more in depth is all. I adjusted the visuals on my own anyway and it might be the best looking game I've played on the deck. It's stunning looking. 

@Biggie The game is incredible and I always stated that. I just don't care for Geralt and his voice acting. But I'm going to live with it because the game is THAT good. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Bruh you bashed the fuck out of the Witcher 3 not to long ago. @best3444 

Why can’t you be more like me when it comes to opinions on video games. Geeez. 

I bashed Geralt and that's litteraly it. I always knew the game itself is one if the best RPGS ever made. 

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I've played the complete edition on consoles and know it's good. I just wanted to read reviews on it. It's much more than just the base game and added dlc. It got re-hauled visually and other quality control improvements and it's a much better product than it was in 2015. 

Also, I did watch the video you linked but I thought they would have gone much more in depth is all. I adjusted the visuals on my own anyway and it might be the best looking game I've played on the deck. It's stunning looking. 

@Biggie The game is incredible and I always stated that. I just don't care for Geralt and his voice acting. But I'm going to live with it because the game is THAT good. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Did you watch longer than 2 seconds? The first thing he does is describe the settings he's using

spacer.png

Because it's The Witcher 3 with all the DLC and some graphical enhancements. Refer to Witcher 3 review and then think to yourself, "what if it had all the DLC?" and that's your review. :p

I put everything at high and it runs perfectly fine. 

Put a bow on AC: Mirage.  Shorter game than I anticipated -- finished it in ~20 hours.

I know I want to play Horizon: Forbidden West on launch.  Trying to decide what to play next.

Dead Space remake, Robocop: Rogue City, Gears 5 or Far Cry 6 are the leading contenders -- I would play Cyberpunk, but I think it is too long for me to finish in a month.