What are you playing today?

I’m on chapter 18 in Fire Emblem Engage and it’s so damn good. Playing in handheld mode using my AirPods sounds amazing. I’m 42 hours in and there is 26 chapters. I can tell the story is starting to wrap up. Crazy good game. 

46 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m on chapter 18 in Fire Emblem Engage and it’s so damn good. Playing in handheld mode using my AirPods sounds amazing. I’m 42 hours in and there is 26 chapters. I can tell the story is starting to wrap up. Crazy good game. 

I really enjoyed Three Houses…would you say the experience is better or worse?

8 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I really enjoyed Three Houses…would you say the experience is better or worse?

Three Houses is great also. But if I had to choose I would pick Engage. The characters are much more entertaining. The battle system/combat/gameplay are better in my opinion. The graphics and world map are better. I am enjoying the story better as well. I wasn’t really a fan of the monastery school hub. You might feel different since you are a teacher. This is just my opinion and like I said Three Houses is a really good game also. I just prefer Engage. 

Now that I have 100% of the items in We Love Katamari REROLL + Royal Reverie, I experimented a bit with collecting roses. Based on how many I rolled up holding the sticks to go in circles for 10 minutes it would still take around 80 hours using the rubber band trick. I saw somebody claim to get around 65,000 per hour in 2 of the rose levels which seems a lot faster than what I was doing but even if I could match it, I'd still be looking at almost 14 hours of doing the same level over and over to get the remaining just under 900,000 roses so I'm done with just 10% of the 1,000,000. I hope whoever came up with that level realizes how stupid they are.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

After giving up on Pacific Drive, I found myself in the mood for a nice mystery so I picked up This Bed We Made. I quite liked it. I enjoyed the vibe and the game doesn't overstay its welcome. I can go for another sub-10hr chill mystery game.

This Bed We Made looks really good, but apparently it’s really short like only a few hours so I’m going to wait and get it when it’s on sale for $15 or less.

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

This Bed We Made looks really good, but apparently it’s really short like only a few hours so I’m going to wait and get it when it’s on sale for $15 or less.

Yeah, I beat it in like 8 or 9 hours. Also, depending on how you play it, getting all the endings can be as easy as rewinding back to a save only 15 minutes before the end of the game.

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, I beat it in like 8 or 9 hours.

That’s a lot longer than 3-4 hours like some reviews and people on Steam stated that it was. 8-9 hours is a good length for the type of game that is, so if it’s that long I will buy it sooner rather than later.

Started and finished Franzen. It's a free JRPG on Steam. Took me a bit over 8 hours though it can be finished in half that. It doesn't have official controller support, didn't work with an Xbox controller but the Switch Pro controller work. The + button was both menu and cancel which was a bit weird, both B and A were confirm. You can either remap the controls in Steam or just get used to them like I did. I had to get up when starting the game to hit F4 to expand it to fullscreen but I enjoyed the game.

23 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

That’s a lot longer than 3-4 hours like some reviews and people on Steam stated that it was. 8-9 hours is a good length for the type of game that is, so if it’s that long I will buy it sooner rather than later.

3-4 hours? I'm sure if you just rush through the game without actually reading through letters or skipping your maid duties, you can finish it that fast. I mean, you don't HAVE to read all the text the game throws at you. You can just prod the lead character for hints on where to look next.

What's the point of even playing a story-heavy mystery noir game where 70% of the plot is told through the letters and the luggage you snoop through? Steam says I have 9.5 hours in the game. I'm sure like half an hour of that is the pause screen.

Tried some Teslagrad 2.  It's quite fun so far, I'm happy that it's a breezy Metroidvania-lite like the first game.  But uh, this guy...

ss_40786b0e0ee3bbf9fdf37cece4f224b0bb96b

Sure is cool looking, but fuck everything else about this fight.  I read a review that compared it to the difficulty spike in Wo Long.  Out of nowhere.

16 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

3-4 hours? I'm sure if you just rush through the game without actually reading through letters or skipping your maid duties, you can finish it that fast. I mean, you don't HAVE to read all the text the game throws at you. You can just prod the lead character for hints on where to look next.

What's the point of even playing a story-heavy mystery noir game where 70% of the plot is told through the letters and the luggage you snoop through? Steam says I have 9.5 hours in the game. I'm sure like half an hour of that is the pause screen.

This is why I can’t always trust what some reviews and people say about game lengths, because I usually find games to be longer than a lot of critics and other gamers do because I take my time playing them thoroughly.

Thanks for the impressions of this game, I’m definitely going to buy it when it’s on sale again at the PS Store. I would have bought it the last time that it was on sale had I known that it was 8-9 hours instead of 3-4.

I recently started playing a few PC games that I used to play and a couple I just started playing. Currently I'm playing Supreme Commander 2, StarCraft 2, Guild Wars 2 but I don't have the expansions, Star Wars: The Old Republic but no expansions also and Just Cause.

• Hype 1

Still on rain code but picking up the pace. I’ve beaten chapter 3 last night and I’m now able to be through a chapter every 3-4 days (they’re not overly long, just I only get 1-2.5 hours a night to play). The game only has 6 chapters so I’m hoping to be done in 2 weeeks so I can move on to possibly unicorn overlord next.

10 hours ago, TheBladeRoden said:

Deus Ex: Invisible War, maybe it was a mistake playing this after Human Revolution, but I give it a Not as Bad as I Expected/10

That’s my favorite Deus Ex game, playing as the female protagonist voiced by Lauren Bailey.

• Like 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

37 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Indivisible, and I’m digging it. It’s a 2.5D side scrolling adventure platformer with active turn-based combat. The art and animation are especially good.

@crispy4000 and @stepee have you played it?

Sitting in my library ready to be played. Though from what I understand 505 shut down the developer which killed any potential for any sort of additional content.

Which is why I found it odd it recently came to game pass. 🤔

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Helldivers and continuing my pllaythrough of Dead Space remake... such a great game. Forgot how much i loved this series.

Dead Space Remake is so fuckin good. Enjoy. 

I think I’ve hit a mild gaming funk. Every game I boot up, within 5 minutes I’m irrationally annoyed at something and close it. 

What's funny is that I was planning on getting back into BG3 this week, but it didn’t take much for that game to set me off on a good day. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I think I’ve hit a mild gaming funk. Every game I boot up, within 5 minutes I’m irrationally annoyed at something and close it. 

What's funny is that I was planning on getting back into BG3 this week, but it didn’t take much for that game to set me off on a good day. :lol:

You need a new game.  May I suggest this. 

WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

A full house - Editor's note: Following the publication of this review, it has come to light that the game has been removed from European Switch eShops follo...

it got a 10/10 OUTSTANDING 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I plan on getting back into BG3 soon as well... want to beat some of these shorter games in my backlog first though.

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You need a new game.  May I suggest this. 

WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

A full house - Editor's note: Following the publication of this review, it has come to light that the game has been removed from European Switch eShops follo...

it got a 10/10 OUTSTANDING 

That actually looks like my kind of jam. Baffling that it seems to be on everything except iOS when it looks like a perfect iPad game. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Yeah balatro looks cool but it really seems like it should be on ios

8 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

That actually looks like my kind of jam. Baffling that it seems to be on everything except iOS when it looks like a perfect iPad game. 

Ima download it. 

• Hype 1

Finished up Robocop.  Solid 7/10 -- fun but flawed game.

Started playing Gears 5 -- got most of the way through Act 1.  It felt very nostalgic.  I am a little conflicted on how to play this game.  I normally play all 3rd person games with a controller, but after playing Robocop with M/KB, I hate aiming with a controller.  I think I will finish this one out with the controller, just so that I don't need to relearn the controls.  But thinking I may make the switch with Horizon:FW to play with KB/M.

Also playing tons of Balatro on SD.

Since I finished Dragon's Dogma and figured out how I could concentrate my efforts to beat a game, I've returned to Armored Core 3. I think the biggest hurdle for these games is you have to make money to get all the good parts again but I only have 3 fights left in the Arena so I'm pretty good to go now. I have not been using consorts though and I'm wondering if I should give them a try 🤔

I've also been sprinkling in some Tactics Ogre Reborn on the deck.