What are you playing today?

Still playing rain code. I don't normally care for port begging but man this game needs a PS5 release. There is just too much dang loading and it all takes a while to load. Still enjoying the game and want to finish it before I move on to something else.

Went in to Switch virtual console expecting to play SMB3 E-reader levels but apparently that wasnt a thing

As an alternative I jumped in to the original STARFOX and promptly made it to level 4.. so its nice to see that skillset hasnt diminished

Did a bit if STARFOX 2, did well there too.. but it definitely felt a bit too much like Starfox Command for my tastes.

A more pleasant surprise was seeing my wife really get into DAVE THE DIVER.. it certainly looks fun watching her… plus with Godzilla DLC coming…

I have never played Dragon's Dogma before but for some reason I got the itch to fire it up, I guess in anticipation of DDII.

It is a bit dated, the character models are a bit ugly but they have facial animations so that's cool. I was actually quite surprised when I came out of that hut. It was a Skyrim moment but way cooler because the city is like multi leveled. It's running at 60 fps. Combat is really good. Jumping on Lions and stabbing them in their goat head is really cool. So I will probably continue with it.

Other than that have been cycling through Tekken 8, decided to start chipping away at Armored Core 3 again (I fell off last year when a bunch of games came out).

I also decided to focus my Genshin efforts on just the story exploration part instead of just doing the Gnostic Hymn grind because I really don't need it that much anymore. Also I'm getting crappy artifact drops for Navia, someone throw me a bone please!

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Interesting turn of events. I am giving up on Fallout 4 (kinda boring) and returned to Starfield after I just got done trashing it. 😆 

So my main games are Starfield and Ys9. 

I’ve never liked or enjoyed a Fallout game

Just now, best3444 said:

@skillzdadirecta I still think Starfield is a 7.5 as I played more today. Fallout 4 is better but not visually which is important to me. 

i'm not surprised you gave up on Fallout 4... it DOES get boring after awhile and I put 60 hours to it on my first playthrough and never finished it. In fact it kinda killed the fallout franchise for me. I own ALL of the 3D Fallout games but Fallout 3 is the only one I bothered to finish.

Different strokes rule the world, but I can't think of anything Fallout 4 does better than Starfield. Graphics being better is a given because Starfield is newer, but GAMEPLAY in Starfield is MUCH better than anything in Fallout 4. Shooting AND Melee. There's just so much more to do in Starfield than in Fallout 4 which, as you said, starts to feel boring after awhile. Honestly I think it's the setting... the wasteland just gets old after spending so much time in it. I've heard that New Vegas is the best of the modern Fallout games and I own it, but I haven't gotten very far in it. The gameplay in these games feels so dated... I do plan on going back and finishing Fallout 4 and beating New Vegas at somepoint. By the time the next fallout game comes out, the gameplay and animation improvements in Starfield should be staples in all of Bethesda's games moving forward. My two cents anyway :peace:

• Halal 1

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i'm not surprised you gave up on Fallout 4... it DOES get boring after awhile and I put 60 hours to it on my first playthrough and never finished it. In fact it kinda killed the fallout franchise for me. I own ALL of the 3D Fallout games but Fallout 3 is the only one I bothered to finish.

Different strokes rule the world, but I can't think of anything Fallout 4 does better than Starfield. Graphics being better is a given because Starfield is newer, but GAMEPLAY in Starfield is MUCH better than anything in Fallout 4. Shooting AND Melee. There's just so much more to do in Starfield than in Fallout 4 which, as you said, starts to feel boring after awhile. Honestly I think it's the setting... the wasteland just gets old after spending so much time in it. I've heard that New Vegas is the best of the modern Fallout games and I own it, but I haven't gotten very far in it. The gameplay in these games feels so dated... I do plan on going back and finishing Fallout 4 and beating New Vegas at somepoint. By the time the next fallout game comes out, the gameplay and animation improvements in Starfield should be staples in all of Bethesda's games moving forward. My two cents anyway :peace:

I can agree with most of this. 

19 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've heard that New Vegas is the best of the modern Fallout games and I own it, but I haven't gotten very far in it.

New Vegas is the best Fallout game IMO, but I really like 3 as well especially with all of its DLC. 4 failed to hold my interest for very long, it seemed too similar to 3 and New Vegas but not as good. But I liked it enough to play it again and finish it when I’m in the mood for it, I have all of its DLC too.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:03 PM, 5timechamp said:

Went in to Switch virtual console expecting to play SMB3 E-reader levels but apparently that wasnt a thing

Whatcha talkin’ about? You decided not to play it, or something?

The e-Reader stages are pretty fun. It was the closest we got to a new 2D Mario that generation. 

Started Robocop. I understand this is how he's portrayed in the movies but uh the slow clunky movement isn't working for me. Especially since a good chunk of the game is walking around looking for clues. I will say the combat fees weighty, in that it is satisfying to blow endless waves of dudes with mohawks away. Nothing says you're a bad guy like a mohawk. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Whatcha talkin’ about? You decided not to play it, or something?

The e-Reader stages are pretty fun. It was the closest we got to a new 2D Mario that generation. 

It means im an ignorant ass that goes off half cocked to do stuff without thinking…

I saw the e-reader levels were accessible but ignored that they were on the Gba version of smb3…  I dont have the online expansion for the Switch, thus no access.. I am dumb

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

It means im an ignorant ass that goes off half cocked to do stuff without thinking…

I saw the e-reader levels were accessible but ignored that they were on the Gba version of smb3…  I dont have the online expansion for the Switch, thus no access.. I am dumb

Ah, gotcha. Yeah you’ll need the Expansion for SMA4:SMB3 and its related e-reader stages. 

Or if you were lucky enough to download the game on Wii U Virtual Console, the card stages are all available there, too.

So glad Nintendo included all those stages since they are a blast. I actually had a few of the actual cards for the GBA back in the day, but having them all from the jump is awesome.

I wanted to start playing AC:Mirage.  But remembered I hadn't finished the Siege of Paris DLC from Valhalla.  Discovered there was another free DLC, I hadn't played on the isle of Skye -- finished that too.

Then discovered there was another DLC, that I hadn't even remembered buying, called Dawn of Ragnarok -- so now I've started that.  Realizing it may be as big as Mirage...

• Halal 1

I planned on a lie in today but at about 2am my daughter woke up, so had to settle her back down, then at 5am, my dog barked to get let out, then I noticed a puddle of water in my conservatory, which meant I had to go outside into the rain to find out what caused it. In the guttering, a piece of wood or something had fallen and mostly blocked it off, so I’m guessing it chucked it down last night and caused a bit of a mini flood - hence the water. Either that or something more malicious happened, but I won’t know that until the next time it rains heavily and my wall dries out.

Suffice to say, with all that, I was pretty awake, so I played some Ragnarok. 

Update: still a bit drizzly out so whilst the little gamer.tv watched the Lion King, I evolved a Magikarp and a Skiploom in Scarlett and also started to level up a 14 Nucli. I don’t like my gras type though so I might see if I caught something worth evolving thy can cover ice types as well.

I'm playing GTA V again to try to finish the Rockstar Editor trophies before they remove them on PS4 version.

Spoiler

Before I could start recording, I was falling through the street a few times. I actually thought I was going to have to restart it, but as you can see in the video, it finally loaded the street correctly. I don't recall having many glitches, and this is the first during this playthrough. I just thought it was funny.

I had this happen which was kinda funny. A small spoiler not too far into the game.

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I almost finished Reroll but collecting every item in the game seemed to exhausting. I might try doing that some other time.

I got everything in Katamari Damacy REROLL and in Katamari Forever but gave up when I replayed We Love Katamari (I got tired of waiting for REROLL to be announced). This time I've been making an effort to roll up things that seem rare. Since it hasn't been that long since I replayed the PS2 version and Katamari Forever, I remember a lot of the sort of things I tend to have left over (such as unique signs) so I actively seek them out. If there aren't too many left by the time I'm at the end I'll try to get them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Biggie Max winning a "Legacy Award" at the streamer awards right now. :o

He didn't win best fighting game streamer so everyone thought it was over. :p

He deserves it. The guy is entertaining and just an all around good dude. Happy for him.