What are you playing today?

26 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Put a bow on AC: Mirage.  Shorter game than I anticipated -- finished it in ~20 hours.

I know I want to play Horizon: Forbidden West on launch.  Trying to decide what to play next.

Dead Space remake, Robocop: Rogue City, Gears 5 or Far Cry 6 are the leading contenders -- I would play Cyberpunk, but I think it is too long for me to finish in a month.

Out of those games listed, go with Dead Space Remake. It's a 9/10 AAA horror game and it's a blast. 

27 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Put a bow on AC: Mirage.  Shorter game than I anticipated -- finished it in ~20 hours.

I know I want to play Horizon: Forbidden West on launch.  Trying to decide what to play next.

Dead Space remake, Robocop: Rogue City, Gears 5 or Far Cry 6 are the leading contenders -- I would play Cyberpunk, but I think it is too long for me to finish in a month.

Robocop! Get your UE5 bells and whistles on.

• Haha 1

@Biggie if the Witcher 3 had better controls and Geralt didn't sound like an asshole this would be in my top 10 games of all-time. This world in the new enhanced version is breathtaking. The voice acting is movie quality. 

I can't recommend it to you because yes, the combat is not a strong suit and is janky. Everything else is remarkable. 5 hours in today alone. 

44 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie if the Witcher 3 had better controls and Geralt didn't sound like an asshole this would be in my top 10 games of all-time. This world in the new enhanced version is breathtaking. The voice acting is movie quality. 

I can't recommend it to you because yes, the combat is not a strong suit and is janky. Everything else is remarkable. 5 hours in today alone. 

Glad you’re enjoying it. Feels so good to play a game that clicks. 

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There are so many good moments in that game.

Well this is the only quest I remember from my play time in 2015. So I guess I'm in for a treat. Mind you, my memory was fucked when I lost my twin brother in 2017. It was programed to forget. 

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

Out of those games listed, go with Dead Space Remake. It's a 9/10 AAA horror game and it's a blast. 

13 hours ago, stepee said:

Robocop! Get your UE5 bells and whistles on.

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

I KNEW you'd come in here and promote your Robocop! 😆 

Ok, I played the first "mission" in Robocop.  This has some serious AA vibes, but it's been a ton of time since I've played a FPS like this.  Enjoyed what I've played so far.

• Hype 1

13 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Ok, I played the first "mission" in Robocop.  This has some serious AA vibes, but it's been a ton of time since I've played a FPS like this.  Enjoyed what I've played so far.

Stepee really enjoyed it but definitely called it out for being AA in the gameplay department. I won't put words in his mouth but it's definitely worth your time according to him. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Stepee really enjoyed it but definitely called it out for being AA in the gameplay department. I won't put words in his mouth but it's definitely worth your time according to him. 

So far it feels a bit like a 10-year old shooter with some AA graphics.  I'm down to play a game like that for 10-15 hours.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So far it feels a bit like a 10-year old shooter with some AA graphics.  I'm down to play a game like that for 10-15 hours.

Well he praised the visuals but do you have a similar setup to his? I won't comment any further on anything because I'm not stepee (even though I wish I was :().

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well he praised the visuals but do you have a similar setup to his? I won't comment any further on anything because I'm not stepee (even though I wish I was :().

I've only played the intro -- and I thought the characters were not particularly well done.  Perhaps, once the game opens up, the UE5 features will become more apparent.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've only played the intro -- and I thought the characters were not particularly well done.  Perhaps, once the game opens up, the UE5 features will become more apparent.

The characters are definitely the weakest part of the game, especially the lip syncing, it’s where you see the AA budget the most. But yeah when you get to the other areas especially during day you can see nanite and lumen in action better. Also all the destruction (which you already saw) is awesome. 

And yeah it’s definitely that specific type of 360era shooter, something like The Darkness. It’s 10-20 hours depending on how much of the side quests you do when it opens up. It’s awesome.

• Hype 1

I started playing Grandia because I was in the mood for a cartoonish and fun JRPG. I played it back when it originally came out, but didn’t finish it. The PS1 version recently came out for PS4 so I got it, but I wanted the Grandia HD Collection which they didn’t release for PS4 for some reason. Hopefully Grandia II will come to PS4 as well.

11 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

That’s one of my favorite JRPGs.

Yeah I'm looking forward to starting it.  I played earlier games in the series but never got around to this one for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Dead Island 2.   Considering how long this one took to come out and all the shit it went through, it turned out surprisingly well.   Having more fun with it than I did Dying Light 2.

Dying Light 2 was disappointing IMO, I liked the first one a lot more. But I liked Dead Island even more than it, and I expect to like Dead Island 2 a lot as well. It’s going to be one of the first games that I get when I get a PS5.

2 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Dying Light 2 was disappointing IMO, I liked the first one a lot more. But I liked Dead Island even more than it, and I expect to like Dead Island 2 a lot as well. It’s going to be one of the first games that I get when I get a PS5.

The visuals on the PS5 are beautiful. 

Blast Corps, which is such a fun, little game. We’ve got a stupid amount of work to do at home (and work in general) so my gaming this week will be limited - but I’ll imagine I’ll do a few more quest points in Pokémon Scarlet, maybe some more Nintendo Online silliness, and I want to try out Remote Play on my laptop at some point and see if it’s worth pursuing or not.

• Like 1

Robocop: Rogue City

Very much an old school shooter  with a strange combination of bad graphics (the character modelling in general -- models, motion capture, speaking) and pretty good (ray tracing, reflections and destruction).

Once you get to the point that you can upgrade your gun, unlock the skill tree and start to face more difficult enemies it starts being a whole lot more fun.  You really need to slog through the first few missions before it starts to show what it can do.  I would guess I am close 30-40% done and am really enjoying it.

• Halal 1

After giving up on Pacific Drive, I found myself in the mood for a nice mystery so I picked up This Bed We Made. I quite liked it. I enjoyed the vibe and the game doesn't overstay its welcome. I can go for another sub-10hr chill mystery game.

Probably a bit over 1/3rd through Banishers now and loving it. Surprised how huge the world is in it. 

Dabbling in LAD Infinite Wealth a bit, need to get to an arcade in Hawaii now. On chapter 3 - I was going to wait until later but I might just mainline that after Banishers

Playing more SF6/Tekken 8 as usual. 

Also close to beating Mario vs DK and Pennys Big Breakaway. After I beat these I’ll go back to Prince of Persia. Also need to check in on my Dreamlight town.

• Like 1