In another confirmation of the creative bankruptcy of the entertainment industry, Friends is getting an HBO max reunion special.

Jason

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Makes sense since they are getting streaming rights to the show. But why not just move it over to Peacock to get people to use the service?

Peakcock is NBC Universal, Friends is owned by Warner which also owns HBO.

14 minutes ago, number305 said:

The women mostly look great still. The dudes from this show have aged horribly. 

The people who want a reunion probably aren't going to enjoy the reality of what they get. 

Matthew Perry is the only one who has aged poorly, but that is most likely due to his unfortunate history of drug addiction. Schwimmer and LeBlanc have aged fairly fine compared to how most men age. Not everyone can age like Paul Rudd.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

And Friends was aired on NBC.

Your question was why not move it over to Peacock to get be to use that service, and the answer is Peacock is a rival service to the one that Warner is launching and they own Friends.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I guess either some of them need the money now, or HBO has been the first to offer enough money they can’t refuse any more. 

It has to be the latter

Leblanc is worth the  lowest at $80 million and Aniston is the highest at $300 million.

6 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Matthew Perry is the only one who has aged poorly, but that is most likely due to his unfortunate history of drug addiction. Schwimmer and LeBlanc have aged fairly fine compared to how most men age. Not everyone can age like Paul Rudd.

Paul Rudd ages? 

7 hours ago, number305 said:

The people who want a reunion probably aren't going to enjoy the reality of what they get. 

6 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I just looked up pictures and I'd say it's less that Perry has aged poorly and more that he's the only one of the six who looks like he's aged like a normal human being instead of like a celebrity.

9 hours ago, number305 said:

This is one of the weirdest takes ever. So people who love Friends aren’t gonna like it because some of them are less attractive?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

This is one of the weirdest takes ever. So people who love Friends aren’t gonna like it because some of them are less attractive?

I assume you have never seen the show? The characters getting older and getting married is what killed the show. It was about young attractive people and their dating adventures. 

Adventures of your 50's are a lot different. 

4 hours ago, number305 said:

I assume you have never seen the show? The characters getting older and getting married is what killed the show. It was about young attractive people and their dating adventures. 

It's a one off episode made for fans of the show. I'm sure fans will enjoy it.

14 hours ago, number305 said:

Followed up by an even weirder take. Impressive 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was the same except when I started to watch Seinfeld it was actually funny unlike Friends which remains unfunny.

The biggest difference between the two is how the writers expect you to feel about the shitty people in their shows. Seinfeld knows their characters are mostly awful human beings and you wind up laughing at them. Friends expects you to like their characters and find their awfulness as fun and endearingly quirky. If you can't get over that hump, Friends will never work for you.