D1P Democratic Primary Poll

D1P Democratic Primary Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. If the Democratic primaries/caucuses for president were today, who would you support?

• Joe Biden - Former Vice President of the United States
    • Bernie Sanders - US Senator from Vermont
    • Elizabeth Warren - US Senator from Massachusetts
    • Pete Buttigieg - Former Mayor of South Bend
    • Michael Bloomberg - Former Mayor of New York City
    • Andrew Yang - Entrepreneur and founder of Venture for America
    • Amy Klobuchar - US Senator from Minnesota
    • Tom Steyer - Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager
    • Tulsi Gabbard - US Representative from Hawaii's 2nd District
    • John Delaney - Former US Representative of Maryland's 6th District
    • Michael Bennet - U.S. Senator from Colorado
    • Deval Patrick - Former Governor of Massachusetts
  2. 2. Who would be your second choice if you had to make one?

• Joe Biden - Former Vice President of the United States
    • Bernie Sanders - US Senator from Vermont
    • Elizabeth Warren - US Senator from Massachusetts
    • Pete Buttigieg - Former Mayor of South Bend
    • Michael Bloomberg - Former Mayor of New York City
    • Andrew Yang - Entrepreneur and founder of Venture for America
    • Amy Klobuchar - US Senator from Minnesota
    • Tom Steyer - Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager
    • Tulsi Gabbard - US Representative from Hawaii's 2nd District
    • John Delaney - Former US Representative of Maryland's 6th District
    • Michael Bennet - U.S. Senator from Colorado
    • Deval Patrick - Former Governor of Massachusetts

Surprised so many are saying Warren. Cool. She's also my #1 choice and has been since she announced. While I appreciate Bernie's idealism I think Warren is 90% compatible with him while being much more pragmatic about (most of) her proposals. Additionally I would like to see a woman president. Bernie would be my second choice. I voted for him in the 2016 primary.

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

Oh man, someone from the NYT editorial board is in our midst.

Bernie/klob

Warren simply doesn't have what it takes, is absolutely terrible when not fully prepared to answer a question, and has abysmal decision making, despite being closer ideologically. Klob might actually punch Trump which would be great tv

• Guillotine 2

Just now, Jose said:

lol it's worse than the NYT editorial board. It burns. The goggles, they do nothing!

This may be a shock, but I think after Bernie it doesn't really make a difference, it's all the same dance. Bernie at least opens the possibility for shaking up the status quo in a meaningful way, and could lead to a generation of left leaders with meaningful experience in the executive.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This may be a shock, but I think after Bernie it doesn't really make a difference, it's all the same dance. Bernie at least opens the possibility for shaking up the status quo in a meaningful way, and could lead to a generation of left leaders with meaningful experience in the executive.

Yes, a shock. This post is a huge shock coming from a Bernie supporter. This is my shocked face.

• Haha 1

Warren -> Bernie. I feel when given the chance to sit down and talk warren does a great job in explaining and pointing out what actually is going on over just talking points. Like in the past when the GOP were trying to run BS bills through the senate she would post videos explaining what is going on and breaking down the hypocrisy in all of it. 

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Yes, a shock. This post is a huge shock coming from a Bernie supporter. This is my shocked face.

It's about more than just the very next election, but building a bench and getting people used to leadership that openly associates with the dirty "s" word. It's already happening, and Bernie is not the perfect vessel, he's the one we've got. The left shift will need to move beyond Bernie soon so I'm thinking of the future. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's about more than just the very next election, but building a bench and getting people used to leadership that openly associates with the dirty "s" word. It's already happening, and Bernie is not the perfect vessel, he's the one we've got.

I personally think Warren gives us a way better chance for that and without the weird idolatry.

Warren/Klobuchar

Yes, it’s weird and I’m not overly enthused with any of the candidates for various reasons, but I’ve always liked Warren. Not really on board with her promise of blanket student loan forgiveness Olin one fell swoop, though. I’ve long liked Klobuchar, too, she’s more of a pragmatist like me, though I don’t think she’ll win. 

Sorry, don’t have a ton of time to get in depth, at work. 

But I’m voting blue, no matter who at the end of the day. 

I still have concerns about Bernie's age, but I gotta go Bernie/Warren. Although, really, I'm in Illinois which is two weeks after Super Tuesday, so I'm going to be voting for whichever one of them is still viable in the race because I can't see any way that that's going to be true of both of them at that point.

1. Sanders

2. Warren

Sanders is more left-wing than Warren. Warren is more left-wing than the field. They're BOTH basically social democrats. I think Warren is too likely to go for compromise positions on the most important, visible issues to get something passed. Likewise, I think she'll be another Obama on a lot of issues that aren't sexy. It'll be better than what we got, but I want big steps. Not small steps. 

EDIT: I demand to hear from whoever has Buttigieg as their first choice and whoever has Bloomberg as their second choice. 

6 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I still have concerns about Bernie's age, but I gotta go Bernie/Warren. Although, really, I'm in Illinois which is two weeks after Super Tuesday, so I'm going to be voting for whichever one of them is still viable in the race because I can't see any way that that's going to be true of both of them at that point.

This is a good point. I may have to vote for Bernie in Jersey. That will be a weird feeling.

Sanders then Yang. Yang isn't great on disability issues despite his son and he's got a weird obsession with hospital accessibility, that said he seems to be anti federalist which for me is way more important than getting the nuts and bolts right. Warren lost me when her disability plan left Long Term Support Services in the hands of the States, fuck that. My $2.74/hr raise and promotion to full time in December cost 28 hours a week in home care, fuck North Carolina. 

1. Warren

2. Klobuchar

3. Sanders

4. Buttigieg

5. Biden

While I mostly like Bernie, I think he's too polarizing for the country and I don't think that will help the enormous divide that's growing here. Moreover, I am worried about his health, so I chose Klobuchar for second.

I don't really trust Pete as good faith public servant. He would probably be "fine" in the end, but he rubs me the wrong way. 

I think Biden would only stay one term and I also think he's not operating at 100% and is fairly out of touch.

My heart goes with Warren but my head goes with Biden. His annoying ass followers aside, I don't have anything against Bernie, I just don't see how he can win to be honest. If he thinks what the DNC and mainstream media are "throwing at him" is bad, then he is in for a RUDE awakening if he becomes the nominee and I really worry about how he does in the South and Southwest.