~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Let's not forget that there is a not-insignificant anti-vaccine presence on the left as well.

Let's not forget that that is where the whole anti-vax movement STARTED. I have a former co-worker who I love dearly that has been anti-vax for as long as I've known her (10 plus years) and she's as liberal as they come.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Wasn't it mostly a leftwing hippie/mystical woo-woo thing before COVID vaccines got politicized? 

Yup... most of the antivaxxers I knew before covid were hippie/health nuts and miltant black conspiracy theorists who hypothesized that vaccinations were a way for the government to both implant microchips in you to keep tabs on you AND the sterlize black people.

462420488.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Republicans are less likely to say vaccinations should be mandatory, while Democrats are now more likely to say they should be required.

Article from 2015, should anyone really think this was at any point a left wing thing, its always been a stupid people thing, which the GOP now has a monopoly on.

In 2009, 71 percent of both Democrats and Republicans said vaccinations should be required. By last August, that number decreased to 65 percent for Republicans, but it’s increased to 76 percent for Democrats.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wasn’t the first article he linked to an NBC article? I don’t really get the impression that the US media is behind on the story.

:shrug:

The Canadian media is focused on the Omicron variant being here -- and its getting front page billing.

I haven't seen that on the US news sites I've visited.

Of course, he is a Toronto-based reporter who focuses on Covid, so he's probably also biased.

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:
462420488.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Republicans are less likely to say vaccinations should be mandatory, while Democrats are now more likely to say they should be required.

Article from 2015, should anyone really think this was at any point a left wing thing, its always been a stupid people thing, which the GOP now has a monopoly on.

In 2009, 71 percent of both Democrats and Republicans said vaccinations should be required. By last August, that number decreased to 65 percent for Republicans, but it’s increased to 76 percent for Democrats.

Don’t forget about the HPV vaccine!

6 hours ago, johnny said:

a lot of places dont even bother enforcing it now so i doubt that will change. they have the signs up but a lot of employees dont care to fight them on it. 

Upstate NYer here who unfortunately lives in one of the 3 counties that have announced that they will not be enforcing Hochul's mask mandate.  Waking up to this news and the FB comments to local news reporting it was extremely disappointing.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, sblfilms said:

He then for the third time mentions he has a PhD in molecular biology, at which I cut him of I say “I do not care about your credentials”.

This reminds me of some annoying girl in high school. She would refute your view (even if you were a teacher) by saying, "BOTH of my parents are DOCTORS"

• True 1

Having read the news, from what I can tell:

Australia -- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

UK -- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

Canada-- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

US -- Top stories are either on some dudes text messages from over a year ago or whether the NFL is funneling money to "woke" groups

Sometimes I wonder if your country is in a different world than the rest of us.

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Having read the news, from what I can tell:

Australia -- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

UK -- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

Canada-- Top news stories are all on Omicron, and what we need to do

US -- Top stories are either on some dudes text messages from over a year ago or whether the NFL is funneling money to "woke" groups

Sometimes I wonder if your country is in a different world than the rest of us.

Somehow Saskatchewan is still seeing a decrease in cases...I don't even know how. I'm sure we'll see an Omicron wave soon, though. I have no confidence that any of the idiot provincial governments (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec) will handle this new wave any better than those in the past. Fuck, you can't even get a booster in all those provinces yet despite the fact that the federal government has confirmed that all those provinces have enough boosters for everyone 18+. Like, just have walk-in clinics and let everyone get a shot, it's not difficult!

46 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Somehow Saskatchewan is still seeing a decrease in cases...I don't even know how. I'm sure we'll see an Omicron wave soon, though. I have no confidence that any of the idiot provincial governments (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec) will handle this new wave any better than those in the past. Fuck, you can't even get a booster in all those provinces yet despite the fact that the federal government has confirmed that all those provinces have enough boosters for everyone 18+. Like, just have walk-in clinics and let everyone get a shot, it's not difficult!

It's frustrating.  My region was able to process >20k doses per day earlier this year, and are only administering ~5k/day right now.  I would think we could do more.

[I noticed you left out the NDP govt. in BC, which is also doing the same thing.]

It's sad to see Quebec has totally given up on this wave atm. Their numbers are spiking like crazy right now (today was nearly 2,400 new cases). I look forward to father Doug giving us a stern lecture about being disappointed in us while doing nothing till next year and spending the holidays with his anti-vax daughters.

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

Omicron is the third story on both WP and NYTimes. I don’t get it.

Because in other countries its the leading story every night.