~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Fuck it, I’m triple shotted and I’m tired of not living my life. My father died two weeks ago (succumbed to his second fight with esophageal cancer), it’s the holiday season, I don’t give a shit anymore.

Yeah, I'm triple shotted and I'm seeing my family for Christmas, just as I did for Thanksgiving.

Seems like visiting family is pretty much the only thing I do with my life anymore.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ:

image.jpg
MONTREAL.CTVNEWS.CA

With at least 3,700 new cases expected to be announced on Friday, the Quebec government has announced a series of renewed restrictions including reduced capacity at businesses, bars and restaurants and a delayed return to classes for secondary and post-secondary students.

Last 3 days (including tomorrow), then:

It's following the path of Europe, doubling every 2-3 days.

eafbd29a4171c04520d60197d2b627d4
WWW.YAHOO.COM

The new variant is surging through the East Coast, just in time for the holidays. What does that mean for the rest of the country?

That’s because Covid-19 has once again been making its way across the city, to the tune of nearly 4,000 new cases each day: the highest those figures have been since last April, before vaccines were widely available.

106986974-1639052345502-gettyimages-1357
WWW.NBCNEWYORK.COM

The percentage of people in New York City testing positive for COVID-19 doubled in three days this week, and a top advisor to Mayor Bill de Blasio said it was an indication of the omicron variant evading immunity in a way the virus never had before. Meanwhile, the state of New York reported a massive surge in new positive tests…

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Hoping for safe pregnancy! Not too many things scarier than health concerns for your pregnant wife and unborn child ❤️

Thanks. She had stomach issues late first trimester and it really fucked me up for a few days.

7 hours ago, chakoo said:

As someone who has many horror stories of his own (took 5 tries to finally have a healthy successful baby girl who is 2 months old now), it's best to not ***k around because it will eat you up inside. I hope you two are able to have a successful pregnancy!! :hug: A life of a hermit will be worth it in the end!

Thank you! So far, so good. Every scan has come back perfectly normal and he is an active little guy. So far, it's just been your normal, run of the mill pregnancy that everyone that we know, but us, seemed to have. 

It's difficult because we both work, but yeah, I'm really going to try to limit exposures for the next few months. She's double vaxxed, but not booster eligible yet. I'd feel much better if she was boosted. I'm happy that double vaxxed means that she has the good protection against serious infection/hospitalization. 

• Like 1

KVCGBGXKJZPOLPAXMHAUU6X4NI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

AstraZeneca and Regeneron on Thursday reported contrasting data on the effectiveness of their COVID-19 antibody therapies against the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, underscoring the major challenges ahead for drugmakers.

OG monoclonal antibody treatment not as effective against Omicron, but new ones should be.

• Like 1

I was supposed to attend a 100-person indoor work event today (all day) and I called in fake sick to avoid it. If it was just a meeting then I'd feel okay since I could wear an n95, but it was a "retreat" where there would be seminars, lunch, etc, all inside one room. I don't feel comfortable...also hate these sorts of events and haven't used a sick day in over a year, lol.

Some Canadian health officials are starting to label Omicron as airborne...which, yeah, has been obvious for a while. We can argue about where the line is between droplets that sink and droplets that remain in the air, but clearly COVID has the ability to spread over large distances, especially indoors where the air is moved around.

boating-club-restaurant-laval.JPG
ICI.RADIO-CANADA.CA

Le virus a infecté 31 des 32 participants à un party de bureau. Tous ont développé des symptômes bénins.

The virus infected 31 of the 32 attendees at an office party. All developed mild symptoms. Public health investigates.

According to our information, a group of 32 colleagues attending an end-of-year meal was almost completely contaminated. Only one of them tested negative for COVID-19, all the others are positive.

Translated from French

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Is it clear yet what the breakdown is for the increase in cases in terms of vaccination status?

No, but some preliminary data from QC (Montreal area) is that majority are fully vaccinated (two shots). That will hopefully result in a lower death count per capita, but will also still likely result in the virus finding the remaining unvaccinated (which will lead to still high death count in absolute terms).