~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

9 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

So definitely blame the Trumpy neighbors?

I honestly don't know how someone could claim you can't get it from the grocery store when we know its spread by just breathing and last i checked grocery stores are all inside buildings, so he definitely could have picked it up from there, but given the amount of time thats passed its far more likely your mom picked it up rather than your dad.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I honestly don't know how someone could claim you can't get it from the grocery store when we know its spread by just breathing and last i checked grocery stores are all inside buildings, so he definitely could have picked it up from there, but given the amount of time thats passed its far more likely your mom picked it up rather than your dad.

Didn’t claim you couldn’t, but the likelihood is incredibly low because exposure time is a critical component of becoming infected and we’ve known this for more than a year.

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I told y’all this about infection derived immunity months ago. There is a reason we have heard relatively little about second infections, and much more about breakthrough infections amongst vaccinated people. It’s something in the b and t cells. Hopefully the vaccine makers can figure out how to better replicate whatever is going on in there that leads to this robust and lengthy protection.

Another Ohio judge has reversed the previous ruling to compel a hospital to treat a patient with the human-grade version of ivermectin:

210828-ivermectin-mb-1616.JPG
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

"Public policy should not and does not support allowing physicians to try 'any' type of treatment on human beings," the judge wrote.

A judge ruled Monday that an Ohio hospital cannot be forced to give a patient ivermectin for Covid-19, reversing an earlier decision that ordered it to administer a parasite medication that has not been approved to treat the disease.

In an 11-page decision, Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Michael Oster Jr. wrote that there “was no doubt that the medical and scientific communities do not support the use of ivermectin as a treatment for Covid-19.”

Based on the current evidence, Oster wrote, the drug — which is primarily used to deworm horses but has been promoted by some doctors, some Republicans and the popular podcast host Joe Rogan to combat the coronavirus — “is not an effective treatment for Covid-19.”

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's exactly what I mean.

Talk about having utter contempt for the people who you allegedly "speak" for.

That's been a thing with the Republicans for a long time.  I've been called a coastal elite on the Internet before when a time of the year that's coming up means that I will not be able to drive to town without being stuck behind a combine going from one field to another.  I was able to hear cows at night until that guy died and left the Cincinnati Zoo his farm and they got rid of all the cows.  I've always found "midwestern values" to be condescending.  I mentioned in the Discord that the democrats me hold contempt for a lot of them, but they're more honest about it.