~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Lack of leadership by Doug Ford.  How can he possibly justify not requiring teachers and aged-12+ students back in classrooms, while simultaneously requiring masks indoors.  He has it backwards --  vaccines provide tremendous benefits, cloth masks provide little.

SK is even worse! Our back to school plan (for Sept 2) is:

• All students back in the classroom (good, as a matter of principle)
  • No vaccine requirement for staff or students (bad)
  • No masks required, or any distancing or cleaning (bad)

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

SK is even worse! Our back to school plan (for Sept 2) is:

• All students back in the classroom (good, as a matter of principle)
  • No vaccine requirement for staff or students (bad)
  • No masks required, or any distancing or cleaning (bad)

FWIW, you are not allowed to attend school in Ontario without being vaccinated for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, meningitis (meningococcal disease), whooping cough (pertussis) and chickenpox (varicella) [required for children born in 2010 or later].  Excluding Covid from this is lunacy -- particularly when we have a virtual learning option.

39 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

FWIW, you are not allowed to attend school in Ontario without being vaccinated for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, meningitis (meningococcal disease), whooping cough (pertussis) and chickenpox (varicella) [required for children born in 2010 or later].  Excluding Covid from this is lunacy -- particularly when we have a virtual learning option.

Exactly. 

People will still bitch and complain about vaccine requirements and passports even though we've had them for decades. Hell I got some vaccines AT school! I remember getting the Hep B vaccine in grade 7 or 8; we all went to the nurse's office in twos to get it. In high school I got another vaccine when they walled off part of the gymnasium to make a makeshift clinic to administer the shot to everyone, which I'm thinking must have been an mRNA vaccine since it was in the shoulder (which I think still hurts in that same exact spot; that's not a thing, right? Like the guy couldn't have missed my deltoid and caused something to still be hurting 15 or so years later, I must be combining it with something else that causes my shoulder to hurt). 

Keep checking the heat map on the CDC's website and all the counties around me are turning orange while mine remains yellow.  Still not fucking around with this.  Found a nice two layer mask online that doesn't irritate my ears that I can comfortably wear a surgical mask under while creating a decent seal.

My anti-vax aunt and two uncles all tested positive for COVID. 

Fry_shocked.gif

They're seemingly doing ok for now but my one uncle has emphysema (smoked for 30+ years, quit maybe a decade ago) and is apparently really feeling it. :/ Maybe they'll start taking this more seriously, but I doubt it.  My grandma is also often around them but at least she's vaccinated. 

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
f47d3fc3-03cd-45bd-8504-a336d8a82d6a-585
WWW.JACKSONVILLE.COM

In the course of a week, a Northeast Florida family's entire life has changed with the deaths of 4 family members to COVID-19.

Now, Payten McCall and Devereaux are urging others to help themselves — and their families — by being proactive and getting the COVID-19 vaccine. 

I guess all it takes is some proof that is real in order for them to change their mind.

A few restaurants here have announced they will only serve customers with proof of vaccination; the performative outrage has been particularly entertaining given that one of them focuses exclusively on Eastern European vegan food. I’m sure they are devastated losing the Facebook boomer crowd.