~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

So right now in oregon the law is that you don't have to wear masks indoors if you have proof you're vaccinated. You think I'm carrying around my vaccine card? 1) it doesn't fit in my wallet 2) if I lost it z what the shit am I supposed to do?

I hate this shit. Require masks indoors or don't. This "well if you [...] then you don't have to wear a mask" is dumb. I'm not mask police. I'm already over it. The bar I'm at right now is still keeping masks in place until it gets lifted entirely. The owner actually works for a living though and understands how the business functions day to day. The guy who owns the company I work for hasn't pulled a shift since 1995.

Take a picture of it and hope it's enough. Quebec is sending digital proof so it's easy to carry around and keep it backed up. 

Officially, I don't have to wear a mask at work anymore. I'm still doing it, though. Most people (at least here in the capital of libcucks) probably feel really weird about interacting with strangers with no mask on. It will be a gradual change.

If Trump, god willing, dies before 2024 De Santis will be the nominee. He doesn't hit all the bingo spots of the Republican base, but he is close enough.

The Republican base consists of these sections:

1. Mutant Floridians

2. Sex Pests

3. White Supremacists

4. Beneficiaries of Nepotism

5. The Brigade of the Aggrieved

6. Creepy/Fake Christians

Trump was such a perfect nominee because he hit on every single section. 

Went to get some groceries and most people are still wearing a mask even though it's not required if you are fully vaccinated. I'll assume most not wearing a mask at this point have not been vaccinated, and won't ever, since getting a shot was easy as fuck. 

Texas has had no mask mandate for like two months now and every place around here, including the more GOP leaning burbs, the vast majority are still masking in stores.

What was interesting for me though was going to the Astros/Dodgers games this week and seeing maybe 5% of people wearing masks now that Minute Maid Park dropped the mask requirement.

Yesterday I was at the Home Depot 5 minutes from Minute Maid Park and easily 90% of people were wearing masks even though this location took down their “masks required” signage too.

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

GF was telling me today of a guy she saw at the grocery store who pulled down his mask to cough, and then again to wipe his nose. Needless to say that made her anxious, especially when she's asthmatic. 

It's turned out that the initial concerns about COVID for people with asthma wound up not amounting to much. 

My work no longer checks our temperatures or asks covid related questions anymore when arriving to work. We no longer have to social distance and if someone calls off sick they don't have to get documents stating it isn't covid related. 

However, we still have to wear masks. Not sure how long that will last. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's turned out that the initial concerns about COVID for people with asthma wound up not amounting to much. 

Really? I never heard that. It's a respiratory illness so I would have thought for sure it would be really bad for people with asthma especially. 

28 minutes ago, Brick said:

Really? I never heard that. It's a respiratory illness so I would have thought for sure it would be really bad for people with asthma especially. 

Yes that's why people were initially thinking it'd be really bad for people with asthma but that wound up not bearing out last I heard. 

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Texas has had no mask mandate for like two months now and every place around here, including the more GOP leaning burbs, the vast majority are still masking in stores.

What was interesting for me though was going to the Astros/Dodgers games this week and seeing maybe 5% of people wearing masks now that Minute Maid Park dropped the mask requirement.

Yesterday I was at the Home Depot 5 minutes from Minute Maid Park and easily 90% of people were wearing masks even though this location took down their “masks required” signage too.

I've been to a few White Sox games (including the game today) and the requirements are masks indoors at all times and not required outdoors if you're fully vaxed. It seems like just about everyone is wearing a mask when they come into the stadium, taking them off when seated, and then never putting them back on. I don't know if the concourse area qualifies as indoors or outdoors or not.

Quiet Place 2 did 50 million through Sunday, was anticipated to open to 60-65 million back in March of 2020. Pretty good given the limited capacities in the largest markets, and Canada as a whole being at reduced capacities still. Bodes well for the latter half of the summer 😊

12 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So, the Sheetz near me also had masks as optional if you're fully vaxxed.

I went in without one.

I feel so dirty...

Proud Of You Yes GIF

7 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

What the fuck happened to Japan?

It's pretty strange how wealthy countries like Japan, South Korea, and Australia are so far behind on vaccinations.  Yes, these countries were relatively unharmed by the pandemic, but it seems like it would be a smart thing to get your population vaccinated as quickly as possible, especially when you have the money and resources to do so.

26 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It's pretty strange how wealthy countries like Japan, South Korea, and Australia are so far behind on vaccinations.  Yes, these countries were relatively unharmed by the pandemic, but it seems like it would be a smart thing to get your population vaccinated as quickly as possible, especially when you have the money and resources to do so.

Australia just had 28 cases confirmed on the weekend and they enacted the strict lockdown measures to keep from spreading. Like you said, give everyone a shot now and hopefully you don’t have to worry and lockdown like they are doing now. 

plus Ontario reported for the first time since February that our Covid cases dropped below 1000 people. Plus they are allowing 550 fully inoculated doctors/nurses to watch the Maple Leafs finish their usual game 7 collapse 1st round series.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Once I learned that identical variants emerge in multiple locations, sometimes nearly simultaneously, it seemed kinda dumb to refer the variants by where they were first identified. Greek alphabet is also easier than very similar series of numbers 😂