~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Holocaust knower had logged on

The people who are vaccinated are being marked like the Nazis marked the Jews?  But the Jews were the ones being discriminated by the Nazis, not that the other way around...

I don’t know why I'm wasting valuable brain cells trying to make sense of this shit.

Ontario now has a “path to reopening”. The problem is that even the final step to reopening isn’t really reopening and would happen at the end of July (at the earliest). 

Even in Stage 3, I wouldn’t be able to take my family of 5 to an indoor restaurant. 

So much for “everything will be back to normal by Canada Day”. 

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Ontario now has a “path to reopening”. The problem is that even the final step to reopening isn’t really reopening and would happen at the end of July (at the earliest). 

Even in Stage 3, I wouldn’t be able to take my family of 5 to an indoor restaurant. 

So much for “everything will be back to normal by Canada Day”. 

I think you will survive this hardship. 

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

We're going back to "low risk" on Thursday. 50% capacity indoors, bars open until midnight, etc. We already were back there a few months ago and had to jump back to extreme risk for a minute. The good news is the opening up this time seems to have more to do with the amount of vaccinated people, not "oh we've been mostly shut down for 2 weeks and case numbers have gone down, let's open back up again." So I'm hoping it's only upward from here.

William Shakespeare has died from a stroke, months after being the first man in Britain to get the COVID vaccine.

26virus-briefing-shakespeare-videoSixtee
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Aided by his famous name, Mr. Shakespeare made headlines last year when he became one of the first in the country to be vaccinated.

His wife of 53 years said he was grateful for getting a shot and “would always encourage everyone to get their vaccine.”

• Guillotine 3

Fuck the times for even publishing that. They don't even mention until like the 6th paragraph that "oh yeah, he also had a stroke last year before his COVID shot." Pieces of shit. They know exactly what they're doing.

81 year old man dies after multiple strokes should not be an international headline, but oooooh the clicks, he had a covid shot!

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fuck the times for even publishing that. They don't even mention until like the 6th paragraph that "oh yeah, he also had a stroke last year before his COVID shot." Pieces of shit. They know exactly what they're doing.

81 year old man dies after multiple strokes should not be an international headline, but oooooh the clicks, he had a covid shot!

???

The reason it's news is because he was the first man to get his COVID shot and he went viral because of his name. 

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

???

The reason it's news is because he was the first man to get his COVID shot and he went viral because of his name. 

I might be reading into it too much, but it seemed to me like they list the facts of what happened in a way that people who only see the headline and the first paragraph or two will assume that the COVID shot had something to do with the stroke and will post it all over facebook. Might just be me being overly cynical.

10 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I might be reading into it too much, but it seemed to me like they list the facts of what happened in a way that people who only see the headline and the first paragraph or two will assume that the COVID shot had something to do with the stroke and will post it all over facebook. Might just be me being overly cynical.

You aren't. It's an incredibly irresponsible headline.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

One of the fully vaccinated daycare workers at my daughter's daycare tested positive last night

did they get tested because they were symptomatic or get tested just because they were required to? It seems like the overwhelming majority of people who test positive for COVID after being vaccinated are asymptomatic.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

did they get tested because they were symptomatic or get tested just because they were required to? It seems like the overwhelming majority of people who test positive for COVID after being vaccinated are asymptomatic.

Given that because of this, the email from the daycare says the rest of the staff in the room (for infants and toddlers who are unmasked) will be tested, I'm guessing they're symptomatic.

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I bet the Trump voters in the vaccinated group fall much more in the 55+ end of the spectrum

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

This is a good time to start building up capacity to fight the next novel pathogen.

Building virus fighting facilities for the next one should be a top priority of the US government. Not just so we can create vaccines for domestic usage, but to better aid other poorer nations to stamp out future outbreaks before they get going. We also need to embrace mRNA’s amazing ability to be tweaked in days or weeks to provide very rapid delivery to impacted regions before these things spiral out of control.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I believe Doug Ford last week said he plans to try and get a plant converted so that we can eventually produce our own mRNA vaccines too. Well at least that’s one good thing I’ve heard from him say in awhile 

I think that's a federal initiative. Or at least, the federal government has announced that an mRNA vaccine production facility will be funded, I believe it was in Toronto.

8b5959e7-0f48-4eb1-8e69-4b76563f5998_114
WWW.FOX43.COM

Pennsylvania is the 10th state in the nation to reach the milestone, the governor said.

Pretty much all Covid restrictions will be lifted for PA on Memorial Day, except for the mask mandate.  Once PA reaches 70% fully vaccinated, the mask mandate will also be lifted.

19 hours ago, marioandsonic said:
8b5959e7-0f48-4eb1-8e69-4b76563f5998_114
WWW.FOX43.COM

Pennsylvania is the 10th state in the nation to reach the milestone, the governor said.

Pretty much all Covid restrictions will be lifted for PA on Memorial Day, except for the mask mandate.  Once PA reaches 70% fully vaccinated, the mask mandate will also be lifted.

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania is lifting its mask mandate no later than June 28. The Department of Health announced Thursday that it will no longer...

And there it is.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania is lifting its mask mandate no later than June 28. The Department of Health announced Thursday that it will no longer...

And there it is.

I live in Harrisburg. Pa. We will still be made to wear masks at work. It's hard to breathe when doing physical activities. 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The fact that Lt. Governors are elected separately is...insane. As is electing almost anything outside your local rep.

The US VP was originally the runner-up in the electoral college. Which makes them being the President of the Senate make a lot more sense, I think.