~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

WTF is a very moderate case...

It's EXTREMELY average.

Part of me still sees this as the boy who cried wolf scenario, in that I have a hard time believing Trump actually caught the virus. I was looking at the news cycle for Friday, and there's enough data that was going to be playing pretty hard against Trump, including the horrible display at the debate. that it would not surprise me if this was orchestrated as his October surprise, so that he's out of commission (but probably will start tweeting in a day or so), they'll be calling for Biden to suspend his campaign, and then two weeks later, he'll claim he was miraculously cured by sniffing paint thinner or something stupid like that, so he can then continue to say "I told you it was really just a hoax!"

The problem with this guy is that it's really hard to take him at face value for anything he says or does. He's lied too many times and claimed fake news over tons and tons of content that is most definitely real.

A bit of a side note:

Wife has felt pretty crummy the past few days, and just within the last 24 hours has a sustained 102+ fever and tightness in the chest. She went and got tested for COVID and the flu this morning, and should have results within 24-48 hours, but given her current symptoms, doctor is recommending she quarantines for at least 72 hours until she gets her results.

I've been getting tested weekly since mid June, and last weeks results were negative (all of them have been). I just did my weekly test this morning, and should have my results by Sunday morning.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, also, that drug he is receiving is not even approved by the FDA for experimental emergencies. He is literally the first patient to be receiving it outside of a trial. It does appear effective, however.

So he takes this (or says he did if he’s faking), gets better, demands it gets pushed through approval, claims he cured coronavirus, smart.

I'm not trying to be dense, but even if Trump were to die, can someone explain to me why that would be bad (aside from it being Trump)?

Like, the presidency isn't a person. It's an office. And Pence would immediately assume the office, and he would only be president for a few months. We have an election in 30 days, and the American people are going to vote for a new president anyways.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I hadn't really thought of that.

I was thinking this hit him a bit early if it takes two weeks to recover....but yeah, that is kind of just the ideal scenario.

What I have thought of is that if he continues to try to campaign you could have William Henry Harrison situation where he campaigns himself to death. 

I was thinking this would knock him out for two weeks. But as an obese 75 year old even if this doesn't kill him he probably ain't going to be spry immediately after two weeks, either. So this could knock him out of campaigning all the way to the election.

It just speaks to how stupid they are, the 2 week quarantine isn't to get better, its to literally see if you have it, and average recovery time for more acute cases and elderly patients is well over a month.

10 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

A bit of a side note:

Wife has felt pretty crummy the past few days, and just within the last 24 hours has a sustained 102+ fever and tightness in the chest. She went and got tested for COVID and the flu this morning, and should have results within 24-48 hours, but given her current symptoms, doctor is recommending she quarantines for at least 72 hours until she gets her results.

I've been getting tested weekly since mid June, and last weeks results were negative (all of them have been). I just did my weekly test this morning, and should have my results by Sunday morning.

Best of luck to her 

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'm not trying to be dense, but even if Trump were to die, can someone explain to me why that would be bad (aside from it being Trump)?

Like, the presidency isn't a person. It's an office. And Pence would immediately assume the office, and he would only be president for a few months. We have an election in 30 days, and the American people are going to vote for a new president anyways.

Best I can guess is the fact Trump is the only Republican on the ticket, if he dies it will spark a crisis .

Just now, SimpleG said:

Best I can guess is the fact Trump is the only Republican on the ticket, if he dies it will spark a crisis .

There is no precedent for this, which makes it even scarier. The logical assumption is that the ticket goes forward, and that Pence simply keeps the office if he wins (having already been sworn in after Trump's hypothetical death). 

Sometimes called “compassionate use”, expanded access is a potential pathway for a patient with an immediately life-threatening condition or serious disease or condition to gain access to an investigational medical product (drug, biologic, or medical device) for treatment outside of clinical trials when no comparable or satisfactory alternative therapy options are available. 

• Shocked 2