~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Coronavirus antibody testing shows LA County outbreak is up to 55 times bigger than reported cases

The Covid-19 outbreak in Los Angeles County is far more widespread than previously thought, up to 55 times bigger than the number of confirmed cases, according to new research from the University of Southern California and the L.A. Department of Public Health.

USC and the health department released preliminary study results that found that roughly 4.1% of the county’s adult population has antibodies to the coronavirus, estimating that between 221,000 adults to 442,000 adults in the county have had the infection. 

Yeah, I mean, I see all this stuff happening or whatever, but we should be talking about the real news... the real shit... did you guys know that Nancy Pilosi eats fancy ice cream? Let's talk about that. A lot. That's really important.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

That...seems like good news, right? Not just less deadly than we thought but possibly not even as a big of a deal as we thought in a lot of cases?

I mean, assuming that somehow 4% of the US already has it (and I don't believe that is true, there are some issues with the way that antibody test was done, including a very select sample of the population that is not a good representation of the public), then that would still mean that if nothing is done (and it spread to 80%+) we'd see something like 160,000 to 300,000 deaths. Obviously that is much better than the alternative we currently believe to be true, but it's still horrific.

20 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, assuming that somehow 4% of the US already has it (and I don't believe that is true, there are some issues with the way that antibody test was done, including a very select sample of the population that is not a good representation of the public), then that would still mean that if nothing is done (and it spread to 80%+) we'd see something like 160,000 to 300,000 deaths. Obviously that is much better than the alternative we currently believe to be true, but it's still horrific.

Just think of the billionaires losing money just to keep those peasants alive! 

1 hour ago, ort said:

Yeah, I mean, I see all this stuff happening or whatever, but we should be talking about the real news... the real shit... did you guys know that Nancy Pilosi eats fancy ice cream? Let's talk about that. A lot. That's really important.

Jeni's ice cream? From Ohio? Lololol