Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wasn't the youtubers hyping up Halo. :p

Whatever stream I was initially watching for the last minute of the pre-show (Xbox On...?), when the actual event started there was a box near the top left corner with two random people in it hooting and hollering random crap about whatever was premiering, so I immediately switched to a non-assclown stream without 1/4 of the screen being taken over by random shitbirds and no one talking over the trailers. :p 

It was a solid show, but of course it's gonna have its critics. I was a little bummed to not see actual gameplay footage of Forza, but I mean, it's Forza. I know it's gonna be good. 

Was hoping for a bit more than a teaser trailer for Fable though, and the way the developer talked about Hellblade 2, it sounds like they're just now starting it.  Both of those look like they're gonna be a long way out.

Just now, Firewithin said:

Hellblade still is the only things that looks graphically impressive.  everything else just looks on par with what we have been getting.

"next gen" really seems like it will be all about res+fps and load times

CrossfireX looked great graphically, IMO. As did Forza.

Can’t wait for new Halo but I was expecting the graphics to be a bit sharper or mature looking. Plus, when did Halo decide it wanted to become Bulletstorm with the grappling hook. Just happy to see the return of the spike grenade and was that a bubble shield. So I’m happy to see some of them classic items return to gameplay here. Still gonna stick to my new PC I think for my next gen Microsoft Games.

oh and I was really hoping that a new Perfect Dark was gonna be announce, but was not :jordan:

8 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Can’t wait for new Halo but I was expecting the graphics to be a bit sharper or mature looking. Plus, when did Halo decide it wanted to become Bulletstorm with the grappling hook. Just happy to see the return of the spike grenade and was that a bubble shield. So I’m happy to see some of them classic items return to gameplay here. Still gonna stick to my new PC I think for my next gen Microsoft Games.

oh and I was really hoping that a new Perfect Dark was gonna be announce, but was not :jordan:

I think they had to stick with an art style that was quintessential classic Halo. I think if they went too "realistic" it wouldn't have looked right. I think they did a pretty good job of updating it while keeping that classic feel. Also, and it might seem like an excuse, but I've always seen the Halos as an "artificial" ecosystem, where yeah, the trees are trees, and the water is water, but they're recreations of trees and water, so they've always still seemed kind of "off". 

Like I said, that just sounds like I'm making excuses, but I actually kind of like that it still looks like that.

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Xbone. They were running a beta like a month ago.

I just looked it up, the SP campaign is made by Remedy and is why there’s the “X” part (also because Xbox). The few screens I could find from the mplayer beta looks graphically inferior to what was in that Series X trailer (but it’s possible I was finding OG Crossfire screens). 

Honestly I’m not disappointed.  We’re in Covid times, for one, and more MS studio games will inevitably materialize into something a bit more tangible.  There was a good deal of 3rd party deep dives too. 

I’m really excited for Psyconsuts 2 still, and glad we got to see a good deal more of that.  The Gunk is an indie that’s is on my radar now for sure.  Halo Infinte isn’t setting any new visual bars, but also doesn’t just look same old and is at launch, so it’s still a win.  

It was a terrible conference for showing what next-gen is though.  I feel like they should have had Everwild or Hellblade 2 gameplay to cap it off.

Also, they’re sticking with Gold.  So screw that.

I thought the show was about what one could reasonably expect: solidly good. Microsoft owns 14 independent first party studios (Sony has 15), and now we know what all of them but three are making: you really can't expect more than 14 game announcements from Microsoft themselves (for third parties it's entirely up to themselves in regards to what stage(s) their games are in, of course) right? For example:

-343 Industries: Halo Infinite

-Double Fine: Psychonauts 2

-inXile Entertainment: Wasteland 3

-Ninja Theory: Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

-Obsidian Entertainment: Avowed, Grounded

-Playground Games: Fable

-Rare: Everwild

-Turn 10 Studios: Forza Motorsport

-Undead Labs: State of Decay 3

-World’s Edge: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (with Tantalus Media)

-Relic Entertainment: Age of Empires IV (not a first party studio but counts here kind of)

-The Coalition: just made Gears 5 and Gears Tactics (the latter with Splash Works) (presumably making Gears 6)

-Mojang Studios: just made Minecraft Dungeons

-Compulsion Games: ?????

So I'm really not sure what people expected or wanted? A lot of these announcements were expected or already known (for the most part), and the fact Obsidian is working on two games at once (like Insomniac Games for Sony) is a bonus. Personally, I'm only interested in Senua's Saga: Hellblade II from that list, maybe Fable, Everwild, Halo Infinite, and Avowed depending on how they turn out. Psychonauts 2 as well, but first I have to get around to playing the first one still. :p 

Edit: By comparison, of Sony's 15 independent first party studios, only 7 of them have anything currently announced. I could easily make guesses as to what two more are working on, making it 9 to Microsoft's 11 (to be fair, Sony's six other studios all get passes for now since all six just released a game within the past year). So in terms of sheer numbers and possibilities, Microsoft technically has more announced at this point from under their umbrella in terms of sheer upcoming games (games, all that matters in the end). And as a PC gamer who will play all of these on PC, I appreciate Microsoft bringing all of their games to all PC players, not just Xbox owners. I look forward to Sony slowly doing the same.

Yeah, that didn't sway me away from a PS5 (apart from the fact the Microsoft ecosystem is a fantastic deal and I hope the pressure forces Sony to merge PS+ and Now into one, well priced package. 

Halo Infinite looked fun, but it also didn't look very progressive..

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

6/10 for this showcase

I think this was actually Microsoft's best 'E3' showing in years.  It's just also burdened by the expectations of a new console launch.  I don't think they bungled it so much as kicked the can down the road for Hellblade 2, Everwild, Fable, etc.

Like, it's been 2 E3's now and we still don't know what type of game Everwild is.  All I know is that I want to know.