Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Am I the only one who would like to see a new Perfect Dark game, but more mature tone like the N64 game. . . . but still give me Alien Elvis 

For the first time in like 3 gens of systems releases, I don’t think I will be buying a launch system release (but I do see myself also talking myself into buying it like my PSP) If they can keep up the awesome work with PC Gamepass, then I will stick with that. After 30+ years of console play I bought myself a Gaming PC 3 weeks ago and have a Nvidia 2080 Super graphics card in there (which my brother said is good, as I’m still PC illiterate)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Am I the only one who would like to see a new Perfect Dark game, but more mature tone like the N64 game. . . . but still give me Alien Elvis 

For the first time in like 3 gens of systems releases, I don’t think I will be buying a launch system release (but I do see myself also talking myself into buying it like my PSP) If they can keep up the awesome work with PC Gamepass, then I will stick with that. After 30+ years of console play I bought myself a Gaming PC 3 weeks ago and have a Nvidia 2080 Super graphics card in there (which my brother said is good, as I’m still PC illiterate)

Fuck no. Since Ubisoft won't pull their head out of their ass and give us a new Splinter Cell, I'm really, really hoping that The Initiative's new project is a Perfect Dark reboot. I'm just praying it'll be a stealth action game like Splinter Cell and not a first person shooter. Or if it is a FPS I hope they at least emphasize stealth like in Deus Ex. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Will they show the next gen version? I want to see what this console can do.

I'm pretty damned sure that the XBSX version will be the one that's shown.

But you gotta remember that this is a cross-gen game which means that it was designed with the limitations of the base PS4/XB1S in mind.

45 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm pretty damned sure that the XBSX version will be the one that's shown.

But you gotta remember that this is a cross-gen game which means that it was designed with the limitations of the base PS4/XB1S in mind.

Yea I understand. I want them to show what next gen can offer. I don't think this is the game to showcase that.

9 hours ago, Dodger said:

Saw on ERA that this will be a third party showcase with a first party event in June. Also saw elsewhere that Games Pass has over 10 million subscribers. Just dumping that here since the poor old Xbox often gets neglected. 

Yeah couple Xbox guys on Twitter were confirming that this is exclusively a 3P games showcase.

“I’d say the bigger unknown is probably the game production, just being honest,” says Spencer. “Game production is a large scale entertainment activity now, you have hundreds of people coming together, building assets, working through creative.”

“On the game production side, we’re learning every day,” admits Spencer. “I still feel good about it, but I also need to make sure that the security and safety of the teams is the most important thing, and not unduly push when things just aren’t ready.”

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/05/xbox-2020-the-future-of-xbox/

What was already going to be a once-in-a-generation year for gaming – a new generation of consoles, a wave of new next-generation games, and the launch of new ways to play with game streaming – 2020 has become the year that challenged us all and tested every commitment we’ve made in the face of COVID-19. Difficult tests tend to reveal your true priorities, and for us they are the health and safety of our employees, our fans and partners. We also want to be transparent in letting our players know what we are doing and what we are thinking during such a crucial time.

Clearly, this year has challenged us to rethink the way we come together to celebrate the important milestones in gaming, and that means working with the knowledge that we may not be able to come together in the same place. Having seen firsthand the resolve of Xbox players, families and friends coming together, doing the right thing and staying home to help flatten the curve, we’ve all felt energized to rethink our approach. How can we share that feeling of excitement and anticipation we all get in gaming’s biggest moments? How could we capture and distribute that feeling I got when I joined Team Xbox – that moment when I got to see what happens next.

So, what is in store for 2020?

This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:

• Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday
  • All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
  • The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
  • For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
  • We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.

It’s a lot – and that’s saying something in 2020, a year which could be summed up as “a lot.” With all this in mind, we set out to create new touchpoints to celebrate gaming and share what’s next with our global community.

Xbox 20/20

Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we’re calling it “Xbox 20/20.” These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more details.

36 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Eh, better than one big info dump then radio silence for four months.

Agreed! I just think people need to accept that we'll be getting a trickle throughout the year. MS has indicated that the software is the current question mark in their launch plans and so I expect things to be announced slowly and that somethings announced might not make it this year. 

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Gimme all the press conferences in a few days - just like e3. I want the huge info dump, with all the games shown all at once. 

This. Learning about all the new stuff at the same time is awesome, they then drip feed us info after that to keep us interested. 

Now we're just getting a drip feed, which means far less excitement and quite frankly probably a lot less interest. "Oh look, some information about a game I've never heard about. Meh, maybe I'll check out the random video for it sometime."

4 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I have a feeling that Sony is gonna do the big bang info dump approach.  As others said, that's what I'd prefer from both teams.

I prefer the MS method.  For one I think MS will show games that will be out in the first 6 months or so of the systems release.  Sony tends to show games several years out to build hype.

10 hours ago, number305 said:

For one I think MS will show games that will be out in the first 6 months or so of the systems release.

COVID19 would beg to differ.  Everyone is going to be pushing next gen projects back several months or longer.  Only those with time to spare will see release in the launch window.

If history repeats itself, both Sony and Microsoft will both resort to project teases.  The question is who will show the most gameplay, and if gamers even care about that anymore.

Probably a good thing its not a long Gameplay demo.  We all know basically what AC is about, so not point in waiting 10 minutes of a show on it.  Show us a quick in game teaser of it then move on.  

Also, with this tweet, I'm curious if it'll be all new games, or maybe some current gen games that may get Next Gen Smart Delivery upgrades as well.  Maybe Apex, Fortnite, Destiny 2, GTAV, RDR2,  some of the games as a service style games.  

Either way, I always get excited for this stuff, even if I don't expect a whole lot from tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be an in-game teaser, NOT a gameplay demo.

This is basically what I expect for the foreseeable future with most AAA projects.

Gameplay demo builds are a pain in the ass to make.  Why should any dev struggle with it when a highly-directed cutscene montage builds more hype?  It’s so much easier to pace out and avoid critique.  Ask Eidos about Avengers.

The days of “I can’t believe someone is actually controlling that” that are long gone.  We’ve gone the full opposite of that infamous Killzone 2 CG trailer and Watchdogs target build.  People are more likely to be satisfied with an “in-engine” short that makes them think ‘wow that setting is so cool.’  That’s what is considered a great showing now.  It made last E3 one of the most disappointing for me ever.

I’m old school.  I don’t care much about whatever premise is cooked up if I can’t see how fun it is to play.