~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

It is definitely weird that Hunter Biden was on the board of an eastern european energy company when he has no experience in that field.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this is more a case of this energy company trying to get a big name american on the board and win favors from the US, and less of a case of Biden putting his son in that position. It does sound like the ouster of this ukrainian attorney general guy had almost nothing to do with Hunter or his position. That's where Trumps whole narrative just falls apart.

At the very least, this is a tough angle for Trump to take, seeing as how his own children are in all sorts of positions they have not earned and his daughter has straight up been given preferential treatment for her businesses while she held official positions in the white house. They have literally done the exact same thing. Except right out in the open for everyone to see... only no one cares because by the time you start digging into any Trump scandal, he commits like 3 more and everyone just moves on. It feels like Trump has been involved with so many scandals and mini-scandals that would have dominated the news cycle for months in the past, but in trump world, they are news for like 3 days and then we move on to whatever new stupid thing he did.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Someone on CNN just said they're not even sure if Rudy has a valid license to practice law at this point. They said Trump definitely isn't paying him so I'm not sure he even has attorney client privilege. 

Who knew having a ‘free’ lawyer who doesn’t act as an attorney was a bad idea?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I will say that the fact that most of the complaint's allegations come from second-hand sources is a weakness the investigation will need to shore up.  All by itself the complaint's probably not enough to make the impeachment case iron-clad; further digging is needed, and hopefully forthcoming.

Trump will eventually tweet it out I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I will say that the fact that most of the complaint's allegations come from second-hand sources is a weakness the investigation will need to shore up.  All by itself the complaint's probably not enough to make the impeachment case iron-clad; further digging is needed, and hopefully forthcoming.

To me it strengthens the allegations. It means there are MORE PEOPLE who had a problem with this in the administration. Apparently the I.G. didn't just talk to the whistleblower, he talked to the people who told the whistleblower as well. Also the fact that they tried to hide this by moving the conversation to a highly classified system shows that they KNEW this was bad. It would have been easier for the white house to attack ONE person as a disgruntled person who hates Trump. The fact that there seems to be more than one person raises all kinds of questions. It's also why Trump was focused on who the people who told the whistleblower this morning and labeled them as "almost spies".

31 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It would be a weakness except the WH's own memorandum of the Ukraine call confirms the main thrust of the complaint.

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To me it strengthens the allegations. It means there are MORE PEOPLE who had a problem with this in the administration. Apparently the I.G. didn't just talk to the whistleblower, he talked to the people who told the whistleblower as well. Also the fact that they tried to hide this by moving the conversation to a highly classified system shows that they KNEW this was bad. It would have been easier for the white house to attack ONE person as a disgruntled person who hates Trump. The fact that there seems to be more than one person raises all kinds of questions. It's also why Trump was focused on who the people who told the whistleblower this morning and labeled them as "almost spies".

but his presidential privilege

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It would be a weakness except the WH's own memorandum of the Ukraine call confirms the main thrust of the complaint.

Yeah it's hard to pass off the whistle blower's report as just unverified hearsay, when the call memo matches the contents of the report.  You can't walk that back now. 

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Exactly. It does confirm the call portion of the complain which lends it some credibility, and Trump did that to himself. They need to interview some of these other people. However, there is a lot of things that Congress will need to further substantiate. As an example, there isn't enough evidence right now that Trump moved other conversations, or even this one, to a highly classified system. We have second hand accounts about this. Congress needs to put people under oath and see what's going on. They also need to try to dig deeper to see if they can prove that Trump used the withholding of aid to pressure Ukraine. 

2 hours ago, ort said:

I like how they keep saying this is to protect Biden.

Fuck Biden. If this shit takes him down too, I consider it a bonus.

Any politician that is using their position in violation of the constitution should be impeached or prosecuted. I don't think Biden is guilty of this from what I can see so far, but if he was, please charge him.

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I work nights, so everyday lately, I'm waking up to a whirlwind of news. 

My head is spinning. 

This is how I feel living on the west coast. The news cycle has had a chance to start going crazy for the day before I've even woken up.

22 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I like this as a west coaster, as the early morning (for me) news and shitbird tweets are a good way to wake up.  

I wish I could at least have a cup of coffee before Twitler logs on for the day.

I miss the news cycle being so much less insane during the Obama years. :(