~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

34 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

My favorite part of the Trump era is in 24 hours this will be proven false.

It reminds me of the chorus from Rapp Snitch Knishes, one of the better MF Doom tracks.

Rap snitches, telling all their business
Sit in the court and be their own star witness
Do you see the perpetrator? “Yeah, I'm right here”
Fuck around, get the whole label sent up for years

14 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its more important to get the last 20% or so that's undecided. 

Which you get by doing public impeachment hearings. The last 20% is probably the group of people who don't pay a ton of attention to politics day to day, so they don't really have the full picture because of how fast the news cycle moves. But impeachment hearings will inherently dominate news coverage on a steady basis, which will help hammer it home to that group why this is a big deal.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You can INCLUDE EVERYTHING in an impeachment inquiry. Democratic leadership is so fucking weak if they limit the scope of this. That's what hurt Mueller's investigation, in part. 

The emoluments shit is right out in the open, you don't even need to fucking investigate it. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

You can INCLUDE EVERYTHING in an impeachment inquiry. Democratic leadership is so fucking weak if they limit the scope of this. That's what hurt Mueller's investigation, in part. 

I think it hurt more that it didn't tell us a ton we didn't know already and was a slow burn (though I'm sure the shadow of it didn't help Trump's approval). I don't actually see the downside in focusing on Ukraine considering it's fresh and already has quite a bit of evidence before investigations have really gone full throttle.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think it hurt more that it didn't tell us a ton we didn't know already and was a slow burn (though I'm sure the shadow of it didn't help Trump's approval). I don't actually see the downside in focusing on Ukraine considering it's fresh and already has quite a bit of evidence before investigations have really gone full throttle.

The House can return several impeachments/indictments.  They could immediately pass an impeachment resolution on Ukraine, while keeping the investigation open for other matters.  Whether that is a good idea or not, I don't know.  But it's an option. 

That is what I was more getting it. When asked about if a call made to Pelosi was to get out of the impeachment, Trump goes on about how Democrats aren't interested about guns and lower drug prices. 

I mean he doesn't flat out say it, but it doesn't take a steam engineer to connect his thought process on the question. 

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I have no problem with focusing on Ukraine (they should), it's more about making such a monumental case as to have no one question the final judgment at all.