~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

43 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I have no problem with focusing on Ukraine (they should), it's more about making such a monumental case as to have no one question the final judgment at all. 

The right move is to focus on Ukraine. It's something that will eventually stick to the public. Don't muddy it up with multiple charges right away. The rest of the stuff should be brought up after they finish investigating Ukraine if it benefits them. That's my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

The right move is to focus on Ukraine. It's something that will eventually stick to the public. Don't muddy it up with multiple charges right away. The rest of the stuff should be brought up after they finish investigating Ukraine if it benefits them. That's my opinion. 

I think if someone has committed crimes, you charge them. Accountability for the president isn't a political game or political football. It's about doing what's right as soon as you know it. I'm not saying to not be smart about how you play it, but you charge based on the evidence, that's where things start and end. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think if someone has committed crimes, you charge them. Accountability for the president isn't a political game or political football. It's about doing what's right as soon as you know it. I'm not saying to not be smart about how you play it, but you charge based on the evidence, that's where things start and end. 

That is beautiful and ultimately what makes you Canadian, at least in your heart! :daydream:  As American's though, we only actually believe in being right and wining. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

While these are crimes, they are dealt with in a political body so of course it's a political game to an extent. Democrats need to fully win over the public. Those 20% that are undecided in the yougov poll needs to cross over to the impeach column. 

4 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

While these are crimes, they are dealt with in a political body so of course it's a political game to an extent. Democrats need to fully win over the public. Those 20% that are undecided in the yougov poll needs to cross over to the impeach column. 

Yeah, the political game should be to crush that party and Trump with all legitimate criminal charges in a mass offensive. I promise you, those 20% undecided love strength and would gravitate to a pummeling quite quickly - it's partially what they love about Trump. 

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Unfortunately, in today's world, yes it is. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Dude accepts bribes all the time through officials staying at Trump hotels when they never did before, but hey I guess that merely implicates the entire Republican party so we can't impeach on that

Can I be honest? I don't really blame Trump for soliciting information from Ukraine. For the past 2.5 years, Congressional GOP and Fox News have indoctrinated him to believe the Mueller Report found nothing, and that even if it did, asking for help from Russia isn't wrong, because Hillary.

I blame the GOP and Fox News, which is really one and the same.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, the political game should be to crush that party and Trump with all legitimate criminal charges in a mass offensive. I promise you, those 20% undecided love strength and would gravitate to a pummeling quite quickly - it's partially what they love about Trump. 

It's not about strength, it's about understanding how the public digests information. Many of the other charges are too complicated for the public to have the time to put into to understand. The Ukraine case is different because people can catch on quick. Soak the public in the Ukraine case. It won't confuse them. They will eventually catch on since it's more straight forward. If you throw a bunch of other shit at them right out the gate, they will get confused and distracted. Democrats need to focus.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I hate this sort of thing because it implies guilt by association, and the real message is that it is unsafe to deal/associate with "enemies" of the party. 

US Border Agent, 2026: "We've reviewed your social media network, and it appears that your dentist is pro-choice and donated to Enemy of the State-in-exile Elizabeth Warren in 2020. You are denied re-entry into the Best United States and will be re-directed to the Puerto Rican Re-education Zone Presented by Exxon-Pepsi by order of Imperator Trump."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

It's not about strength, it's about understanding how the public digests information. Many of the other charges are too complicated for the public to have the time to put into to understand. The Ukraine case is different because people can catch on quick. Soak the public in the Ukraine case. It won't confuse them. They will eventually catch on since it's more straight forward. If you throw a bunch of other shit at them right out the gate, they will get confused and distracted. Democrats need to focus.

That’s probably the best strategy, but I’m not sure there’s any way anything conclusive comes out of it for the average person anyway, because we’re operating in an environment of informational chaos.  Different news outlets are reporting contradictory takes on  what the basic facts are, depending on their allegiances, and social media is muddying the waters even further.  And no average joe or Jane is going to read the source material.

It’s evident even here; honestly  I’d really love it if everyone would stop posting stuff from random Twitter users—depending on who you post, Trump’s either already exonerated already or totally guilty already.

Take all the tweets above and compare it to this:

Can any average person really be expected to parse so much conflicting information, especially when they can intuit that most of it is colored by political motivations?

Impeaching was probably the right thing to do, but my guess is this ends, for the average voter, in informational stalemate, just like with the Mueller report.