~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

In Kissing Up to Trump, Ukraine’s President Brought Up His Stay at a Trump Property

During their 30-minute call on July 25, Zelensky, eager for US military aid to help his country fend off Russian aggression, slavishly kissed up to Trump, praising him for his campaign tactics and saying that “I had an opportunity to learn from you.” As the conversation wound down, Zelensky brought up Trump’s favorite subject—his properties.

“I would like to tell you that I also have quite a few Ukrainian friends that live in the United States. Actually, last time I traveled to the United States, I stayed in New York near Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower,” Zelensky said, according to the non-verbatim memo of their call.

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

That’s probably the best strategy, but I’m not sure there’s any way anything conclusive comes out of it for the average person anyway, because we’re operating in an environment of informational chaos.  Different news outlets are reporting contradictory takes on  what the basic facts are, depending on their allegiances, and social media is muddying the waters even further.  And no average joe or Jane is going to read the source material.

It’s evident even here; honestly  I’d really love it if everyone would stop posting stuff from random Twitter users—depending on who you post, Trump’s either already exonerated already or totally guilty already.

Take all the tweets above and compare it to this:

Can any average person really be expected to parse so much conflicting information, especially when they can intuit that most of it is colored by political motivations?

Impeaching was probably the right thing to do, but my guess is this ends, for the average voter, in informational stalemate, just like with the Mueller report.

It is a better chance than Mueller of breaking through. That’s why I believe Pelosi went for it. You won’t get 80% of the public on board “, but if you can get 60% of the public, it will likely hurt Trump’s re-election chances and it’s the right thing to do based on what I’ve read.