~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I go back and forth on this. I want to believe, but I also think anyone who live tweeted will play the “I needed my loved ones to know I was okay” card. I think the “sane” Republicans are as frightened of their constituents as the Democrats are of everything.

I think there's a clear difference between that and those people that were directly coordinating with insurrectionists through DMs. Those are the ones that I think need to be brought to light before you can really move forward here.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Boebert needed to live tweet Pelosi's location so Boebert's family could know Boebert was okay?

It may be harder to get some of them but Boebert is a really easy case.

I know what she was doing and why, I don’t think there are going to be enough people on congress to call it what it actually was for it to matter if it comes to that. 

35 minutes ago, Jason said:
IMAXTRTAAYI6XILXO5S7FGUVEQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) offered procedural objection to the forthcoming impeachment trial, prompting a test vote that showed deep support in the GOP ranks for a theory questioning the...

Imagine voting for any one of the Pauls at any point in time.

39 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The only day they could have gotten a conviction was the day after.

Yup..,

I doubt they remove Trumps ability to run again... he played along with the agenda well enough this time and took all the heat without tarnishing his brand..... why wouldnt the GoP go to the well again, specially since they think he’ll be more controllable next time

The Dems would need shattering evidence at the impeachment to sway GOP folks to not protect Trump.. their lives being in danger wasnt enough... the room has cooled

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The only day they could have gotten a conviction was the day after.

I doubt even then. Maybe in the moments after the breach and needing to be secured for their safety. 

The Republican party has become the masters of delayed concern. "Now is not the time for action but a time of prayer for those involved," bullshit maneuvers to avoid acting on stuff that needs to be taken care of to prevent it from happening again.  

I don't see how anyone can justify the Republican party and their positions at this point and time anymore. They have proven that they are a party of hypocrites, and have NO interest in actually governing. Conservative principles aside, this current Republican party is fucked up from the top down and has really NO identity other than playing to White greviance and otherism. That's pretty much all they have left. How anyone can look at this cluster fuck of a Presidency and not come to the conclusion that this orange con artist was incompetently corrupt is just... I don't know. And once again Mitch McConnell shows his true colors. He is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've seen in public life in a long fucking time. The man is ONLY concerned with power. That's it. He is a politician in thepurest sense of the word.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't see how anyone can justify the Republican party and their positions at this point and time anymore. They have proven that they are a party of hypocrites, and have NO interest in actually governing. Conservative principles aside, this current Republican party is fucked up from the top down and has really NO identity other than playing to White greviance and otherism. That's pretty much all they have left. How anyone can look at this cluster fuck of a Presidency and not come to the conclusion that this orange con artist was incompetently corrupt is just... I don't know. And once again Mitch McConnell shows his true colors. He is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've seen in public life in a long fucking time. The man is ONLY concerned with power. That's it. He is a politician in thepurest sense of the word.

haha cry moar libcuck 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Anyone wonder if Twitter banning Donald may have been done to save Donald to keep him from making things worse so that Republicans can now act like it’s not a big deal and he’s not and hasn’t been actively trying to destroy the US Government and install himself as the sole and unquestionable ruling authority. 

On purpose? No, but it was definitely a side effect of him getting banned.

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

On purpose? No, but it was definitely a side effect of him getting banned.

...because Twitter could have banned Donald months ago. Maybe even years ago. But wait until the very last few days when he’s facing prosecution and more than any other time needed to shut up to keep from incriminating himself. 

and now because Donald was a “good boy” for his last few days in office the Republicans want to give him a pass. 

its all starting to feel very intentional. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

...because Twitter could have banned Donald months ago. Maybe even years ago. But wait until the very last few days when he’s facing prosecution and more than any other time needed to shut up to keep from incriminating himself. 

and now because Donald was a “good boy” for his last few days in office the Republicans want to give him a pass. 

its all starting to feel very intentional. 

If we’re going to get conspiratorial I’d say it’s much more likely that starting to clamp down on misinformation was due to fear that a Democratic POTUS, Senate, and House would impose regulations on them so they started self-policing.

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If we’re going to get conspiratorial I’d say it’s much more likely that starting to clamp down on misinformation was due to fear that a Democratic POTUS, Senate, and House would impose regulations on them so they started self-policing.

i wonder what kind of regulations the federal government could impose that wouldn’t be considered a 1st amendment violation. It’s one thing if Twitter takes it upon themselves to ban certain types of speech, but it’s another when it is the Federal government regulating speech. 

that’s why I’m actually against federalizing social media platforms.