~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Definitely more like the second one, but I seem to remember it being even more exaggerated in terms of New York and California being bigger.  Or perhaps it was an illusion because it was definitely color coded as red and blue to contrast against the typical red/blue map.

Would this be it?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:
160131165357-lindsey-graham-oct-31-super
WWW.CNN.COM

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Wednesday his campaign email account was hacked by Russians -- adding that the US needs to work together to stop this from happening.

If Grahmn isn't being blackmailed, I would love to know what the fuck his true motivation is here.

He doesn't have to worry about reelection for 6 years. Donald Trump proved right all the worst things 2016 Lindsey Grahmn said about him and more. So any claim that Trump genuinely changed Grahmn's mind about him seems unlikely.

With Grahmn's reaction in the moment during the insurrection and then the following days it sure looks like Grahmn was shocked into honesty on that day, then Trump met with him in person to yank the chain and remind Grahmn what he has on him.

This isn't even about a principled stand, which I expect very few Republicans to have. It's about political expediency. There is the impulse after 4 years to tie yourself to Trump, and then there is the growing realization that the best political more for Republicans, by Republicans is to excise Trump from the party wholesale.

Noted principled actors such as Liz Cheney and possibly McConnell himself have decided on the later. So, again, this is not even expecting a backbone from Grahmn  just the ability to break with Trump even when it is probably better for the party to do so....

17 minutes ago, Jason said:
social
WWW.WSJ.COM

The political fate of President Trump could be settled by who wins a debate over whether a president can be convicted through the impeachment process after leaving office.

Fine, whatever.

At this late date we should always keep in mind this can not be a fight against Republicans.

We can not convict Trump without their support.

It has to be a fight where they are convinced they benefit from convicting him, too.

Impeachment already served most of the purpose of what I would consider the less tangible benefits of this exercise. Such as putting on record what Trump did.

One could argue that forcing the Republicans to vote on it is politically advantageous to Dems(which I am not even sure is true that people are going to care that much about it in 2 years) but if this is just about forcing Republicans to take a shitty vote than be done with it and let Biden have as productive a start to his term as possible. That's how to win politically.

I just don't see the benefit to a long, drawn out Senate trial that doesn't have Republican buy-in.

8 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

They'll never vote to convict, not because of Trump, but because of their voters.

There is no Republican Party anymore. It's only the party of Trump.

If they do it now the chuds will have had more than enough time to vent their anger over it by midterms 2022.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

That is fucking amazing. Legit LOLed for a couple minutes.

QAnon-enthusiast Lauren Boebert had won the Republican primary for Colorado's 3rd Congressional District. Consensus in the room was that Boebert's victory was a stunner. The president then addressed McConnell. "You know she’s a believer in that QAnon," he said. "Are you familiar with that, Mitch?" McConnell sat there stone-faced. He didn't move a muscle.

"You know, people say they're into all kinds of bad things and say all kinds of terrible things about them," Trump added. "But, you know, my understanding is they basically are just people who want good government."

The room fell silent. Nobody knew how to respond.

Then all of a sudden Meadows burst out laughing. "I have heard them described a lot of ways, but never quite like that," he said. The meeting participants broke down laughing. "In terror, quite candidly," said a source in the room.

Nervous Laugh GIF by memecandy

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

I think some are onto it here - these Republican officials are being threatened by MAGA nation and scared for their fucking lives for not towing the Trump line. Trump doesn't even have to do much anymore - we may not see it from the far left but these Republicans need to prove they aren't RINO's to the far right base and that is the only true thing (beyond money) that is motivating everyone here.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think some are onto it here - these Republican officials are being threatened by MAGA nation and scared for their fucking lives for not towing the Trump line. Trump doesn't even have to do much anymore - we may not see it from the far left but these Republicans need to prove they aren't RINO's to the far right base and that is the only true thing (beyond money) that is motivating everyone here.

Oh well. In times like these, I like to use my favorite saying!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Trump pretty much packed the cannon and lit the fuse that the tea party originally brought to the battle and were reluctant to use. The only thing Trump didn't do was aim it and fire. He is walking away from it and letting his followers do the dirty work so he can claim that he didn't do anything and they acted on their own.