~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

I mean, how is he wrong? Tribalism is so strong within the party that those folks are going to vote red no matter what, and there’s no chance a viable third-party would come to pass. Better the rip the bandaid off now and suffer relatively light consequences short term than allow him to remain a power vacuum within the party going into 2024. 

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I mean, how is he wrong? Tribalism is so strong within the party that those folks are going to vote red no matter what, and there’s no chance a viable third-party would come to pass. Better the rip the bandaid off now and suffer relatively light consequences short term than allow him to remain a power vacuum within the party going into 2024. 

He's not wrong, it's just hard to take him seriously that he's actually going to vote to convict while he's doing nothing but whining in private about Trump.

10 minutes ago, Chris- said:

worst case scenario they fail to take back the senate in 2022, and can campaign against “liberalism run unchecked.” To try and get them to turn back out to the polls. 

I hope all Trumpers, feeling betrayed by the GOP and oppressed by the stealing Democrats, just stay home every election from here until they die. 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's not wrong, it's just hard to take him seriously that he's actually going to vote to convict while he's doing nothing but whining in private about Trump.

Surprise! WaPo alert that McConnell won't reconvene the Senate for a trial before Trump is out of office. 

If we had an honest, functional, and non-partisan congress during the whole of the Trump presidency, at what point would he have been impeached?

There's been so much during these last four years it's hard to keep track. He's been dreadfully incompetent, hyper-partisan, consistently cruel, repeatedly bowed to enemies and inflamed allies, but other than these two impeachments, I'm having a hard time thinking of something else specific he should have been impeached for, but I feel like there must have been something. Tax fraud maybe?

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

If we had an honest, functional, and non-partisan congress during the whole of the Trump presidency, at what point would he have been impeached?

There's been so much during these last four years it's hard to keep track. He's been dreadfully incompetent, hyper-partisan, consistently cruel, repeatedly bowed to enemies and inflamed allies, but other than these two impeachments, I'm having a hard time thinking of something else specific he should have been impeached for, but I feel like there must have been something. Tax fraud maybe?

Being a man with baby hands.

The Pee'd Upon President.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

they stormed the capitol because they are deathly afraid of black people who think the Police use harsher force against them on basis of race, and deathly afraid of Mexicans seeking citizenship?

Interesting. I wonder if there is a prominent member of the Republican Party, the head of a branch of government who for more than 4 years might have been trying to implant and stoke the flames of those fears in people, in an effort to invoke an emotional response. 

Yelling “fire, fire! Horrible, life threatening fire” in a theater and setting off the alarm doesn’t become ok just because as people are panicking you tell them to remain calm and walk at a reasonable pace. The incitement has already happened. 

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I think this sheds some light. He makes a case that impeachment doesn’t necessarily need to be because a criminal law was broken. It’s essentially our country’s version of the Legislative branch calling for a vote of no confidence in the President. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think this sheds some light. He makes a case that impeachment doesn’t necessarily need to be because a criminal law was broken. It’s essentially our country’s version of the Legislative branch calling for a vote of no confidence in the President. 

I'm aware that he doesn't need to have committed a specific crime. I was just thinking about all the jokes about how (should he be removed) it's only a few years too late, and wondering if there were other times that a theoretical reasonable congress would have impeached him.