The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/05/sport/lebron-james-laura-ingraham-drew-brees-spt-intl/index.html

NBA star LeBron James has called out Fox News host Laura Ingraham for her defense of star quarterback Drew Brees.

"He's allowed to have his view about what kneeling and the flag means to him. I mean he's a person," Ingraham said of Brees after his disrespecting the flag comments earlier this week. "This is beyond football," she added.

James has now retweeted a video with a compilation of both instances, suggesting that the nationwide protests in the wake of George Floyd's death are happening "because we are simply F-N tired of this treatment right here!"

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm glad he spoke up and spoke up to Trump directly because I wasn't even expecting him to do THAT. Now he should shut Laura Ingram up.

Yeah, i'm surprised he took it that far. I mean, good on him for doing the right thing, but I question his motives. If you're just now realizing it was never about the flag, you were never paying attention in the first place.

34 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, i'm surprised he took it that far. I mean, good on him for doing the right thing, but I question his motives. If you're just now realizing it was never about the flag, you were never paying attention in the first place.

Oh the only reason he apologized and changed his tune was because he got dragged swiftly and immediately unlike the last time because the climate has changed. Maybe he had a genuine change of heart but I find that hard to believe given that he received no new information that he didn't have in the several hours from the time he made the statement to the time he retracted it.

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh the only reason he apologized and changed his tune was because he got dragged swiftly and immediately unlike the last time because the climate has changed. Maybe he had a genuine change of heart but I find that hard to believe given that he received no new information that he didn't have in the several hours from the time he made the statement to the time he retracted it.

A-yup

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Pretty typical of privileged white dudes. But I'm happy he can come to some sort of realization now instead of never.

53 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm actually surprised at just how widespread these protests are, even the small city in upstate NY i live near had a protest, and in my very white upper middle class neighborhood i've seen a few BLM signs.

Forget the US, from Brisbane, to London, to Berlin - they’re everywhere.