Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

59 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Deep cut. I'm here for it.

I've only played a few hours on PC. I know that many have even on PC, but I haven't noticed any bugs and I'm actually surprised how smooth it runs for me considering my CPU is on the base end. 

I'm over 40 hours in and it hasn't crashed once for me. The worst bug I had was the voice in a conversation stopped playing and I had to reload. And I guess there's the crappy cop/NPC thing, but if I didn't see that on the internet I wouldn't have known because I don't play the game in a way that that gets the cops after me. 

But I do believe that it runs poorly on lots of people's hardware unless you have a pretty new GPU.

3 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm over 40 hours in and it hasn't crashed once for me. The worst bug I had was the voice in a conversation stopped playing and I had to reload. And I guess there's the crappy cop/NPC thing, but if I didn't see that on the internet I wouldn't have known because I don't play the game in a way that that gets the cops after me. 

But I do believe that it runs poorly on lots of people's hardware unless you have a pretty new GPU.

Makes sense. I have a 2080.

• Like 1

What's with this game and CONSTANTLY giving you the option to not drink. Every time my character is in a situation where there is alcohol the NPCs are always like, "we have sprite too if you're more into that," they all act like I'm in some sort of 12 step program and they don't want to be responsible for me falling off the wagon.

• Haha 5

The entire thing really is pretty shocking. 

They stated after one of the delays that the main reason they delayed it was because of the base consoles performance.  So they knew the state it was in, and saying, "We didn't pay enough attention" to those versions is obvious bullshit.  The entire issue here boils down to transparency.  CDPR seemed to understand the importance of transparency more than most Developers, so it makes the entire thing that much more shocking.

Just come out and be honest with everyone and tell them what was and wasn't possible with regards to the base consoles performance.  Even if Pre-Orders took a massive hit, they had to know this was the inevitable result of they tried to do.  

Sony's return policy is much more restrictive than Microsoft's.  When a company doesn't follow their own policies, it leaves them open to lawsuits.  CDPR didn't really give Sony much of a choice -- Sony's policy will only allow refunds on their store if the product is faulty.  They either had to 1) announce a new refund policy, 2) not allow refunds on Cyberpunk, 3) declare Cyberpunk faulty.

MS doesn't have to do this, as their refund policy is significantly more flexible.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - MS joins Sony to offer full refunds for digital purchases, game delisted from PSN

Im about 20hrs in on my XSX and Ive had maybe 1 game freeze where i had to quit and reload. Other than that ... maybe 1 or 2 other times where i got stuck on environment while exploring and had to reload. so nothing utterly game breaking... but i wish bugs were the only issue with the game. 

Lets just hope they call pull a No Mans Sky on this thing. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - MS & Sony offer full refunds for digital purchases, Best Buy offers refunds for opened physical copies, game delisted from PSN
39 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ubisoft got a much milder version of this when Black Flag (I believe) came out and some of the content you see in the modern world included emails where developers bitched about working for an out of touch corporation.

They just don't care.

And Ubisoft has done worse things than release a buggy game.