Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

5 hours ago, Moa said:

Complaints about lack of choice in games always bother me. It's absolutely impossible to write a good story with the amount of variability necessary to satisfy gamers' expectations. No game has ever done it or will ever do it. There's a reason choose your own adventure books are not a serious literary genre.

When I talk about choice its not a matter of taking the story down hundreds of different paths . The player can be given options on how to solve the game and still get the same outcome

Example

Kill NPC X and Return to Owner With Item 

Skill checks can be added in so the quest remains the same but journey is varied. If you pass a skill check because you have high hacking skill the owner may offer you a different route or a Stealth check that can reward you more items. 

6 hours ago, Moa said:

The trick is not to make you decisions matter, it's to make it feel like your decision matter, and these are two very different goals.

This game fails miserably at both. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Tell Me Why had some impactful dialogue choices, in fact they determine if you've

Reveal hidden contents

My post was basically subtweeting people who complain that DONTNOD and similar games ultimately funnel players down the same path. 

6 hours ago, SimpleG said:

When I talk about choice its not a matter of taking the story down hundreds of different paths . The player can be given options on how to solve the game and still get the same outcome

Example

Kill NPC X and Return to Owner With Item 

Skill checks can be added in so the quest remains the same but journey is varied. If you pass a skill check because you have high hacking skill the owner may offer you a different route or a Stealth check that can reward you more items. 

This game fails miserably at both. 

Umm, this game does that with skill checks. If you have high body, you might be able to rip a door open and skip the whole mission, tech ability lets you open doors with that are Inaccessible otherwise, etc etc. 

ive replayed missions in very different ways. 

and choice does matter. Im not gonna spoil anything, but there are some big differences.

8 hours ago, SimpleG said:

PC user have another issue to worry about. If you craft a lot of gear it will cause your save file to increase in size ,around the 7mb size causes the game to load slow and 8mb cause the save file to corrupt with no fix. 

You can also get the same issue by playing for more then 80 hours

800x418_Forum_Cyberpunk.png
FORUMS.CDPROJEKTRED.COM

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/any-way-to-recover-saves.11052509/ 55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data...

What a shit show

A game that corrupts your save is the single thing that will make me hate a game for life. 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Umm, this game does that with skill checks. If you have high body, you might be able to rip a door open and skip the whole mission, tech ability lets you open doors with that are Inaccessible otherwise, etc etc. 

Yup those are great but not what I was talking about. Those just alter which path you take and again I am not hating on the game for not having it . CDRP just promised this immersive world where choice matters and right now it appears very shallow.

On a side note the game finally clicked for me last night, I actually had fun and was enjoying myself. I was too hard on the combat and Ill gladly eat crow for it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SimpleG said:

PC user have another issue to worry about. If you craft a lot of gear it will cause your save file to increase in size ,around the 7mb size causes the game to load slow and 8mb cause the save file to corrupt with no fix. 

FORUMS.CDPROJEKTRED.COM

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/any-way-to-recover-saves.11052509/ 55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data...

What a shit show

This isn't a PC-exclusive issue. The problem affects all platforms.

18 hours ago, SimpleG said:

FORUMS.CDPROJEKTRED.COM

What a shit show

Reminds me of the Witcher 2 save bug -- if you create too many save files -- game will become unstable and frequently crash.  Recommended solution is to turn off Steam backups and manually delete your old saves.

Cyberpunk 2077 Was Supposed to Be the Biggest Video Game of the Year. What Happened?

merlin_160657497_959099c2-b41a-4357-af8d
NYTI.MS

Nearly a decade of hype led to a troubled release riddled with glitches, a livid fan base, refunds for potentially millions of players and a possible class-action...

Damn it's REALLY gone mainstream.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, Moa said:

Complaints about lack of choice in games always bother me. It's absolutely impossible to write a good story with the amount of variability necessary to satisfy gamers' expectations. No game has ever done it or will ever do it.

Planescape Torment absolutely accomplished this. It can and has been done.

Because of the existence of the Xbox One X and Xbox One S and now the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, I had totally forgotten about the original Xbox One and Xbox One Elite. :o

As I recall, the power of the original Xbox One and Xbox One S are essentially the same, while the Xbox One X is a good bit more powerful than both of those as a mid-generation upgrade, a bit better than the PS4 Pro (whilst the base PS4 was a bit more powerful than the base Xbox One/Xbox One S). Am I correct on that? In terms of for Cyberpunk 2077. Not sure what Eurogamer and others have said about PS4 Pro/Xbox One X's ability to run the game, just that the base PS4 and Xbox One (and Xbox One S) run like dogshit. 

How does the PS5 and XSX run it? How about the XSS?

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Because of the existence of the Xbox One X and Xbox One S and now the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, I had totally forgotten about the original Xbox One and Xbox One Elite. :o

As I recall, the power of the original Xbox One and Xbox One S are essentially the same, while the Xbox One X is a good bit more powerful than both of those as a mid-generation upgrade, a bit better than the PS4 Pro. 

The launch Xbone and Elite are the same (power-wise), I think, except the Elite has one of those Seagate Hybrid-S/HDDs for faster load times. The XboneS is slightly more powerful than the launch Xbone, to where it could maintain a constant 1080p + 30fps for Gears 5, but the launch would drop res occasionally and dip into the 27fps range. The XboneX is very powerful compared to the rest of that gen of consoles, constantly outperforming the PS4 Pro in cross platform games.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

The launch Xbone and Elite are the same (power-wise), I think, except the Elite has one of those Seagate Hybrid-S/HDDs for faster load times. The XboneS is slightly more powerful than the launch Xbone, to where it could maintain a constant 1080p + 30fps for Gears 5, but the launch would drop res occasionally and dip into the 27fps range. The XboneX is very powerful compared to the rest of that gen of consoles, constantly outperforming the PS4 Pro in cross platform games.

How does Cyberpunk 2077 fair on each in terms of "running" the game (I edited my previous post as well to expand there)?

20 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

How does Cyberpunk 2077 fair on each in terms of "running" the game (I edited my previous post as well to expand there)?

No clue first hand. I heard that it’s kind of a mess regardless of what last gen console you try to play it on - but the launch consoles + the XboneS are basically running at N64-type fps (low-mid 20s) and sub-720p at times. There’s been a patch that may have improved it, though? Pro and X1X are mostly 30fps afaik.

22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No clue first hand. I heard that it’s kind of a mess regardless of what last gen console you try to play it on - but the launch consoles + the XboneS are basically running at N64-type fps (low-mid 20s) and sub-720p at times. There’s been a patch that may have improved it, though? Pro and X1X are mostly 30fps afaik.

If they aren't running at a locked 30fps on PS4 Pro/X1X that's pretty sad since those don't even do DLSS or raytracing. Without those, they should be able to do a locked 30fps at 1080p at least?

25 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

If they aren't running at a locked 30fps on PS4 Pro/X1X that's pretty sad since those don't even do DLSS or raytracing. Without those, they should be able to do a locked 30fps at 1080p at least?

DLSS actually improves performance :p 

Anyway: 

42 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

DLSS improves performance but it does put some additional stress on the system too right? But nice - I'd seen the article but not the link to the video from DF, much thanks.

DLSS renders at a lower resolution and then upscales the low res image to your target resolution for less of a performance cost than rendering at that target resolution natively.

So if you're using DLSS, you might as a consequence aim for a higher resolution than you would normally but 4K DLSS is less compute intensive than regular 4K, for example.

• Thanks 1