I just caused an uproar in my workplace be declaring that Taco Bell > Chick-fil-A

Commissar SFLUFAN

Frankly Taco Bell > just about everything out there.

That said, when the subject of Chik-fil-A has come up around here, I find that many people are fans of the service more than the food.  It's the one fast food joint where you are unlikely to run into the aloof teen cashier who looks bored, responds brusquely, and acts like you're inconveniencing them by being there.  Whatever other faults CFA has, their employee service training is quality.

3 minutes ago, Slug said:

That said, when the subject of Chik-fil-A has come up around here, I find that many people are fans of the service more than the food.  It's the one fast food joint where you are unlikely to run into the aloof teen cashier who looks bored, responds brusquely, and acts like you're inconveniencing them by being there.  Whatever other faults CFA has, their employee service training is quality.

Like I said, it's part of their strategy to distract you from the sheer mediocrity of their product.

I'll GLADLY take garbage service if it means a superior meal offering.  Hell, the best Chinese restaurant I've ever eaten at (in London) had a staff that outright insulted customers and would take the plates away even if you weren't finished if you were lingering too long.

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Like I said, it's part of their strategy to distract you from the sheer mediocrity of their product.

I'll GLADLY take garbage service if it means a superior meal offering.  Hell, the best Chinese restaurant I've ever eaten at (in London) had a staff that outright insulted customers and would take the plates away even if you weren't finished if you were lingering too long.

You just made @Jose hard as a diamond.

No one item Chick-fil-A serves stands out as particularly great, but a spicy chicken sandwich with a lemonade is perfectly fine fast food meal. 

I haven't really eaten much today, and it was an extra stupid day at work, so I think I'm going to treat myself to a bunch of Taco Bell for dinner.

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Chick-fil-A is bland and tasteless.  I have no idea how people have managed to convince themselves that it's actually somehow a cut above other fast-food joints.

The chicken biscuit with egg is superb for breakfast. But the sandwich and waffle fries are just serviceable.