Control | Official Thread of Oldest House of Pain, update: Remedy/505 announce 4-player PvE co-op spin-off and "bigger budget" game set in Control universe

Commissar SFLUFAN

Control is fantastic, and on par with The Last of Us Part II and God of War. Play it, but make sure it's on a Pro or X1X or a pretty powerful PC. Weak PC's and baseline consoles particularly don't run the game well, and it honestly doesn't look or have the atmosphere that it should at the baseline levels.

2 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I've heard it's better than Quantum Break, their  last game.

Not a tall hurdle to get over

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It does slow down somewhat on the X1X so i have no idea how it runs on base consoles.

Not sure if they ever were able to get going right but both base consoles really struggled with it , like mid teens frame rates in areas. 

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Not a tall hurdle to get over

Not sure if they ever were able to get going right but both base consoles really struggled with it , like mid teens frame rates in areas. 

I'm about to start playing on my xbox one x. Hopefully performance isn't a huge issue. 

On chapter 7. I have a lot of fun playing this game so it must be doing something right. I've had very minimal performance issues and the game looks beautiful. The story hasn't gone anywhere since the beginning so that's a bit disappointing. There's 10 chapters.

It's very good all around... good graphics, interesting sci-fi story, good TPS gameplay with fun powers.

Really the only frustrating part is the Map when trying to use it to get to/find some quest objectives, but the in person signage helps to get around very well.

I just started playing this as well and it's pretty awesome. A huge question though...

I read in a review a while back that there are story elements and side quests that you can completely miss if you're just focusing on the main story... so I've been scouring for all the collectibles and checking every hall/doorway I come across, and haven't really found anything yet. Granted I'm still fairly early in the game (just started the mission after lifting the lockdown) so I feel like I'm just now really opening up the map. How "hidden" are these side quests? Or will I find them naturally as long as I'm just exploring and not making a beeline from objective to objective?

I'm expecting stuff like "after getting level X security clearance, go back to the very first area and open a previously locked door and use X power on something something to get access to an area that lets you gain this ability to overcome this obstacle" or some bullshit like that. 

I thought the game was fun. It definitely had an interesting premise behind it, but I felt underwhelmed by the story in the end. It just never caught me.

By the time the combat truly starts to shine the game is almost over, I'd honestly advise people to wait on side quests until you unlock most of the abilities so that you can have more fun with them. Graphically looks great, don't remember anything about the soundtrack.