Control | Official Thread of Oldest House of Pain, update: Remedy/505 announce 4-player PvE co-op spin-off and "bigger budget" game set in Control universe

Commissar SFLUFAN

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I do think its kinda shitty that the ultimate edition is the only ones who get the next gen upgrade. Way to screw your supporters.

"Free upgrade, but only if you buy it again!"

Yup... but gamers will give this bullshit a pass and continue to whine about exclusive skins and other inconsequential shit. This COMPLETELY screws over folks who bought the game  and it's DLC initially. Fuck 'em.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yup... but gamers will give this bullshit a pass and continue to whine about exclusive skins and other non consequential shit. This COMPLETELY screws over folks who bought the game initially. Fuck 'em.

Not only that but the Xbox One and PS4 base had severe technical problems.

29 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Not only that but the Xbox One and PS4 base had severe technical problems.

Yup... I mentioned that in another chat. This is one of the most egregious examples of fucking the customer I've seen in awhile... yet crickets. Where are the five pages of bitching about this? This specfically fucks over the folks who supported the game in the first place despite its performance issues. 

54 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yup... but gamers will give this bullshit a pass and continue to whine about exclusive skins and other inconsequential shit. This COMPLETELY screws over folks who bought the game  and it's DLC initially. Fuck 'em.

Plenty of PC players called out Remedy’s bullshit when the game was on a timed exclusive release. They were met with “ it’s just a store, it’s just a short cut” . 
It’s almost like a company who gets rewarded when they use bad consumer practices will continue to do so.

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yup... I mentioned that in another chat. This is one of the most egregious examples of fucking the customer I've seen in awhile... yet crickets. Where are the five pages of bitching about this? This specfically fucks over the folks who supported the game in the first place despite its performance issues. 

Maybe we would have it if my thread wasn’t merged :p 

36 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yup... I mentioned that in another chat. This is one of the most egregious examples of fucking the customer I've seen in awhile... yet crickets. Where are the five pages of bitching about this? This specfically fucks over the folks who supported the game in the first place dispite its performance issues. 

I certainly don’t disagree with you but Control doesn’t have near the audience that the Avengers game does hence the crickets.

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Plenty of PC players called out Remedy’s bullshit when the game was on a timed exclusive release. They were met with “ it’s just a store, it’s just a short cut” . 
It’s almost like a company who gets rewarded when they use bad consumer practices will continue to do so.

Isn't it likely 505s bullshit?

May not totally matter, as they picked the publisher, but it may have been out of their hands?

8 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Isn't it likely 505s bullshit?

May not totally matter, as they picked the publisher, but it may have been out of their hands?

Certainly 

But at some time Devs have to stand up for the consumer or they just as guilty. They can’t hide behind the publisher for ever.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think stuff like Persona 5 where you have to buy the new version of the game if I'm not mistaken for the added content is also just as bad.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

I think stuff like Persona 5 where you have to buy the new version of the game if I'm not mistaken for the added content is also just as bad.

Absolutely  

Companies need to be taken to task for minor shit and major fuck ups like this .

I just bought the base game on sale a few weeks ago for PS4. I just started it the other night. I can keep playing but part of me would rather wait for the better version. But also its fucking absurd I have to pay for better performance. That would be like if Battlefield V charged you for a ray tracing patch. 

I don't own the game, was going to buy it at one point but yeah, that's fucking lame and sours me even further after reading about them not patching serious technical issues and what not. If it's one thing that will end in an actual boycott of a game for me, it tends to be sleazy business practices, I'm allergic to that nonsense. Like they're not making enough money off this product as it is. 

505 Games attempts damage "Control"and fails miserably at it.

Every avenue we pursued, there was some form of blocker and those blockers meant that at least one group of players ended up being left out of the upgrade for various reasons. As of today, we can’t offer an upgrade to everyone, and leaving any one group out feels unfair. We understand that is not what you want to hear.