~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

His argument is the subpoena is unconstitutional, because the Executive (DOJ) cannot subpoena the Legislative branch. He’s making the argument that Jan 6th he was operating in the capacity of the president of the Senate.

230215155921-01-mike-pence-0215.jpg?c=16
WWW.CNN.COM

Former Vice President Mike Pence spoke publicly for the first time about his plans to fight a subpoena issued in the Justice Department's 2020 election subversion investigation, saying Wednesday that his fight was about " separation of powers" and "defending the prerogatives that I had as president of the Senate."

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

His argument is the subpoena is unconstitutional, because the Executive (DOJ) cannot subpoena the Legislative branch. He’s making the argument that Jan 6th he was operating in the capacity of the president of the Senate.

230215155921-01-mike-pence-0215.jpg?c=16
WWW.CNN.COM

Former Vice President Mike Pence spoke publicly for the first time about his plans to fight a subpoena issued in the Justice Department's 2020 election subversion investigation, saying Wednesday that his fight was about "...

That argument was shot down a long time ago. Speech/debate doesn't even allow non-response to a subpoena and the VP isn't engaging in deliberations by performing ceremonial duties. 

• True 1

Fulton County grand jury recommends perjury charges against some witnesses, although the report (in its currently released form) doesn’t specify who. They interviewed upward of 75 witnesses.

230215153645-02-trump-investigations-ful
WWW.CNN.COM

A Georgia judge made public some parts of a report from a special grand jury that investigated Donald Trump's actions after the 2020 election. Follow here for the latest news...

• Halal 1

63ef0350f24f34001864badd?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Powell told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo that she had "evidence" about voter fraud from a person who claimed to be capable of time travel.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You can't make this stuff up!

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, silentbob said:
donald_trump_mar_a_lago_1242585432_13996
WWW.SALON.COM

Special counsel Jack Smith's investigators suspect a "shell game with classified documents," CNN reports.

Hm not front page news on the NYT or Washington Post as far as I know, surely it would have been the same if this had happened with Biden. 

10 hours ago, ThreePi said:

At some point the FBI should just say "fuck it" and get a warrant to turn every Trump property inside out. Tear the walls down to the frames. Dig up his dead wife's grave and probably the graves of any other dead family members for good measure.

I bet there’s a 70% chance he buried some incriminating shit in her grave. Who buried someone on a GOLF COURSE??

• True 2

On 2/28/2023 at 12:16 PM, Jason said:

Also the weirder question was why was he the one burying her, it's not like things ended well between them. 

They apparently always got along very well, except maybe during the direct period of the divorce. 

I still agree it's weird, but whatever. This is the least worrying thing he's done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lordy, there were more tapes.

Well, one more, at least.

A special grand jury that investigated whether Donald Trump and his allies illegally meddled in the 2020 election in Georgia heard a recording of the former president pushing a top state lawmaker to call a special session to overturn his loss in the state, according to a newspaper report.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Wednesday that it spoke to five members of the special grand jury who said they heard a recording of a phone call between Trump and Georgia House Speaker David Ralston that had not previously been reported and has not been made public. Ralston, who died in November, did not call a special session in the weeks after the November 2020 election.

Pretty impressive that they were able to keep this under wraps. I don't think even a hint of this has been leaked to reporters before now. 

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, outsida said:

He’s so stupid, he’s confusing and Hannity is trying to give him an out…

It's fucking embarrassing.

Forget journalistic integrity. The amount of care Hannity is providing for Donald there blows right past the level of defense lawyer and into the realm of assisted living facility nurse....

• True 1

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Hannity: I can't imagine you actually shitting in public.

Trump: I would do that!

Hannity: Alright, let me move on...

Trump: I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHIT WHEREVER I WANT

Hannity: So you say you will release your infrastructure plan within two weeks....

*Camera cuts back to a red faced Trump squatting on top of a table, straining, with his pants around his ankles*

• Haha 3

So it seems Trump just provided motive for why he took and hoarded government documents: extort the government for millions of dollars…

“This is the Presidential Records Act. I have the right to take stuff. Do you know that they ended up paying Richard Nixon, I think, $18 million for what he had? 

I have the right to take stuff. I have the right to look at stuff. But they have the right to talk, and we have the right to talk. This would have all been worked out. All of a sudden, they raided Mar-a-Lago, viciously raided Mar-a-Lago.”

trump_waco_.jpg
WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG

In his first 2024 campaign rally in Waco, Texas, and in a recent interview, former President Donald Trump repeated many claims we've fact-checked before -- but he also made new false and...

8 hours ago, outsida said:

So it seems Trump just provided motive for why he took and hoarded government documents: extort the government for millions of dollars…

“This is the Presidential Records Act. I have the right to take stuff. Do you know that they ended up paying Richard Nixon, I think, $18 million for what he had? 

I have the right to take stuff. I have the right to look at stuff. But they have the right to talk, and we have the right to talk. This would have all been worked out. All of a sudden, they raided Mar-a-Lago, viciously raided Mar-a-Lago.”

trump_waco_.jpg
WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG

In his first 2024 campaign rally in Waco, Texas, and in a recent interview, former President Donald Trump repeated many claims we've fact-checked before -- but he also made new false and...

So this was Roger Stone's idea