Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - Official Trailer #2

Firewithin

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - Official Trailer #1
8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Why prequel :(

It's been the director's plan since he announced it three years ago in October 2020, so this is no surprise. :p That being said, he has two Mad Max-centered stories as well that he's developing. Or was as of July 2019 when hiss lawsuit with WB over Fury Road finally ended. It should be noted that George Miller is 78 years old so not sure he's going to get to them.

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's been the director's plan since he announced it three years ago in October 2020, so this is no surprise. :p That being said, he has two Mad Max-centered stories as well that he's developing. Or was as of July 2019 when hiss lawsuit with WB over Fury Road finally ended. It should be noted that George Miller is 78 years old so not sure he's going to get to them.

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm on media blackout so I won't be watching the trailer, as much as I want to, but it's director George Miller, I'm there.

Such a liar 

10 hours ago, Chris- said:

I'm very curious as to how much CGI he is using this time around, because the effects do not feel as practical as Fury Road.

That was my initial thought. It actually made me a little sad. As does the fact that its a prequel. We already watched Joe get what he deserved. I don't want to see him at full power anymore.

When I watched the trailer for Fury Road, I needed to see the movie. This one feels like, 'I'll eventually watch it'. 

But I'll eventually watch this.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

I think it's hard to re-capture the magic of watching Fury Road for the first time. For being the fourth film in a franchise, Fury Road doesn't care much for plot or world building; it's a film about vibes. While Furiosa seems to recapture the aesthetic, I get the impression from that trailer that it wants to do more table setting and storytelling. It's probably for the best that Miller isn't entirely trying to re-create Fury Road, but I do worry that any follow up might try to do too much.

I'll see it. This looks like it'll be a blast, I just don't expect it to measure up.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

29 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I think it's hard to re-capture the magic of watching Fury Road for the first time. For being the fourth film in a franchise, Fury Road doesn't care much for plot or world building; it's a film about vibes. While Furiosa seems to recapture the aesthetic, I get the impression from that trailer that it wants to do more table setting and storytelling. It's probably for the best that Miller isn't entirely trying to re-create Fury Road, but I do worry that any follow up might try to do too much.

I'll see it. This looks like it'll be a blast, I just don't expect it to measure up.

At the least, even if it relies on dodgy CGI, it should be better than 90% of other mainstream movies that also have dodgy CGI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

For being the fourth film in a franchise, Fury Road doesn't care much for plot or world building; it's a film about vibes.

I would like to think Fury Road is it's own franchise now.

Those old Mad Max movies are hard to go back to, especially the first two, and even the third movie feel like completely different things.

If anything Fury Road and Furiosa are building into their own thing separate from Mad Max. - Perhaps something like an extended universe. So you may say 4 films, but I would say 1 film and this one. :p

All 4 Mad Max movies kinda feel like they take place in completely different versions of the apocalypse.

I was never as in love with Fury Road as most. I really liked a lot of things about it... but it didn't feel like a Mad Max movie. I loved the action sequences and overall aesthetic and pace... but found the plot and pretty much everything else to be severly lacking.

This trailer really doesn't do much of anything for me. Feels like it's leaning harder into the aspects of Fury Road I didn't enjoy. Looks too over the top and goofy. The portrayal of the apocalyptic world doesn't really make much sense in any of the films. but it made even less sense in Fury Road. It felt like a cartoon.

My favorite in the series is still Road Warrior.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - Official Trailer #2

Just got home from work, had a toke or 3 and consumed this FUCKING AMAZING SHIT!!! Hemsworth looks like Thor, like come on, and what the fuck with his voice sometimes. I don’t know about it, but he seems to be having a fucking blast in his own backyard with the role. Can’t wait to see this and hear it in Atmos sound

3 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Looks better than the last one, I just wish there was less obvious cgi.  

I get that, but also, it’s a miracle nobody died while making the first one, so I’m ok if they cut a few corners this time around. :p