The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

3 minutes ago, johnny said:
  Hide contents

I'm guessing that's how you're not supposed to get it and since she lost the darksaber and failed to rule Mandalore, she wants to get it "legitimately". I'm fine with that explanation. 

Ehhh, it sounds too much like something they pulled out of their ass at the last minute to add some fake tension. Don't know if I like.

19 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Hide contents

So in Rebels, Sabine just hands Bo Katan the dark saber and it's cool. Here we're told Din can't do the same. What gives?

In Rebels,

Spoiler

the Darksaber came to Sabine that way. She found it. She gave it to Bo Katan because she felt she wasn't the authentic wielder of it. 

Honestly, what we're getting in Season 3 will probably reveal that the Sabine to Bo Katan change of hands was the aberration in terms of how power shifts rather than the norm. And we only saw the one out of the ordinary instance. 

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

DUDE IT WAS THE RADDEST SHIT

I'm a pretty strong hater of a lot of Star Wars stuff, but I love TLJ, I love Rogue One, and I love the OT (and Rebels, etc.). Doing what they did was indeed THE RADDEST SHIT! A lot of my nerd friends think I've lost my nerd hype in the last few decades (which is true) but between Boba and this episode, I've been legit excited watching this show!

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How yound do you think he was? The Empire definitely used child soldiers and I would guess he was in his early to mid twenties... so he could have been in his late teens when he was stationed on the Death Star.

I don't know why but for some reason I had thought the Death Star was something like 20 years before the show, which would make it hard to believe.  I'd say that guy was maybe in his late twenties?  Kind of hard to tell with the weird face thing on.

36 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don't know why but for some reason I had thought the Death Star was something like 20 years before the show, which would make it hard to believe.  I'd say that guy was maybe in his late twenties?  Kind of hard to tell with the weird face thing on.

No the first Death star wasn 20 years before the show... maybe like 9. The second Death Star was five years before the show. This IGN article breaks down the timeline and events of the Star Wars saga which center around The Battle of Yavin (The first Death Star)

First off, it's probably worth quickly rehashing how time is measured in the Star Wars universe and where exactly The Mandalorian falls in that timeline. The Battle of Yavin in the original Star Wars is treated as the franchise's watershed moment. Everything is measured in terms of BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) and ABY (After the Battle of Yavin).

The Mandalorian: Season 1 is set in roughly 9 ABY, or about five years after the events of Return of the Jedi. We don't know exactly how much extra time has elapsed in Season 2, but it doesn't appear that more than a few months have gone by.

9 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The date of Mandalorian S3 seems to be identical to the date of the Book of Boba. They may be the same thing. 

That’s why I was thinking what I said earlier. I’d love for them to be two separate things. Just seems weird that they would air both shows at the same time. But Disney has had basically no new content so maybe they are cool with it idk. 

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

That’s why I was thinking what I said earlier. I’d love for them to be two separate things. Just seems weird that they would air both shows at the same time. But Disney has had basically no new content so maybe they are cool with it idk. 

With how short each mando EP is I could really use a double dose 

30 minutes ago, johnny said:

By this time next year they'll have aired the first seasons of several of their Marvel shows. We'll be getting new content from them fairly regularly I think.

17 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

"you think what? I'm going to walk out there with a laser sword and face down the hole dark troopers"

This is the closest thing we've seen Luke being a badass at his peak power, something I was hoping we'd get to see in TLJ. Absolutely glorious.

Random question but does anyone else experience screen tearing with this show? Just watched the episode and there was screen tearing throughout the episode. Happened last episode too, but it doesn't happen with any other show on D+!

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Random question but does anyone else experience screen tearing with this show? Just watched the episode and there was screen tearing throughout the episode. Happened last episode too, but it doesn't happen with any other show on D+!

I have not noticed it but I am also using a monitor and not a tv if that makes a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have not noticed it but I am also using a monitor and not a tv if that makes a difference. 

I highly doubt it's the show because other people would have mentioned this already, but how the hell does only one show on my TV cause this? I am mystified.

46 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

By this time next year they'll have aired the first seasons of several of their Marvel shows. We'll be getting new content from them fairly regularly I think.

True. Getting two good quality Star Wars shows at the same time would be :feelsrona:

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The player they use appears to use DirectShow or some other Windows hardware API. The Radeon Overlay prompt comes up whenever I play a video.

I don't get screen tearing, but I also enable variable refresh rate within Windows display settings, as well as my GPU's driver control panel.

6 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I must be the odd man out because I was less than impressed with the ending. The story was about Mando and baby Yoda. Most of the episode was solid, but that ending just felt hollow to me. Cool sure, but hollow...if Mando is the hero of the story....then he should have been the hero at the end.

Yeah, it has bothered me how Mando just feels like the side character half the time. And while I liked the ending it is annoying how so much of the discussion on the internet is now about fucking Skywalkers again. I much prefer the first season over this season but I still like this season. 

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I must be the odd man out because I was less than impressed with the ending. The story was about Mando and baby Yoda. Most of the episode was solid, but that ending just felt hollow to me. Cool sure, but hollow...if Mando is the hero of the story....then he should have been the hero at the end.

Mando's ending heroics came with the defeat of Moff Gideon, which I think was one of the best duels in all of Star Wars.  What came after that was pure fan-base fellatio.

16 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Mando's ending heroics came with the defeat of Moff Gideon, which I think was one of the best duels in all of Star Wars.  What came after that was pure fan-base fellatio.

I mean I'd say..

Being able to let go of Grogu after everything they've been through was pretty heroic. I'm not a father but I can imagine the paternal instincts at play there, and if this was a real person they'd have every fiber of their being telling them to grab onto the child and never let go.

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Spoiler

He rescued Grogu and leapt in front of blaster fire to save him. Then he got him to where he needs to be. He was the hero of the story.

9 hours ago, Joe said:

No. Streaming from the LG D+ app on my B7 OLED.

What TV are you watching on? Do you have trumotion or whatever enabled?

Spoiler

The more I think about it, Din taking off his helmet at the end really makes it feel like this particular story is over. The journey he’s been on since the end of episode one is complete. A new season following him would be what, taking odd jobs to earn enough to buy a new ship? Don’t get me wrong, I would watch that. But without the child, I feel like that show loses an important hook. And then, if they immediately try to bring back Grogu, that probably undercuts this episode in a major way. I don’t know. I’m probably overthinking it. 

If they’re going to shift focus to Fett next season as he takes on (or takes over?) organized space crime, I would be fine with that too. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:
Spoiler

The more I think about it, Din taking off his helmet at the end really makes it feel like this particular story is over. The journey he’s been on since the end of episode one is complete. A new season following him would be what, taking odd jobs to earn enough to buy a new ship? Don’t get me wrong, I would watch that. But without the child, I feel like that show loses an important hook. And then, if they immediately try to bring back Grogu, that probably undercuts this episode in a major way. I don’t know. I’m probably overthinking it. 

If they’re going to shift focus to Fett next season as he takes on (or takes over?) organized space crime, I would be fine with that too. 

I think you'll want to spoiler your text since I don't think we're being open in this thread? (I did it in my of you). That said,

Spoiler

It absolutely ended the story of these two seasons, but it started a really big new one. We leave Din not only in a different place in his beliefs, but with the Dark Saber, which has serious implications regarding his place with the rest of the Mandalorians, and his clear changes in beliefs put him at odds with his previous sect.

I'd like to see Grogu again, but I hope they do a regular Mandalorian show too rather than Boba instead.

18 minutes ago, legend said:

I think you'll want to spoiler your text since I don't think we're being open in this thread? (I did it in my of you). That said,

Reveal hidden contents

Not to be that guy, but I don't remember using spoilers in this thread for current episodes. Not sure why that changed for this one, but whatever.:shrug:

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Not to be that guy, but I don't remember using spoilers in this thread for current episodes. Not sure why that changed for this one, but whatever.:shrug:

Yeah I dunno either :p But other people were using spoilers and there was nothing in the subject title saying it was open, so I was erring on the side of caution.