The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

5 hours ago, CayceG said:

Boba Fett died today :( 

boba.jpg?w=1024
VARIETY.COM

Jeremy Bulloch, the British actor who starred as bounty hunter Boba Fett in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, died in London. He was 75.

He really physically acted Boba Fett so well that he, in part, made the character. He will be missed, but he left a mark. 

The original voice of Boba Fett, Jason Wingreen, died in 2015 (his voice was dubbed over by Temuera Morrison ever since the special edition DVD's of the original trilogy came out after the PT released in theaters sadly - the retcon makes sense but Boba Fett's original voice and line readings had much to do with what made him cool). Now Jeremy Bulloch, who physically inhabited the role in the OT (minus stunts), now passes away. Temuera Morrison is now the only real Boba Fett still alive (actors for special edition OT Boba Fett stuff do not count). 

And not so long after we just lost David Prowse, who physically inhabited Darth Vader in the OT. We still have Vader's voice though, James Earl Jones! At 89 though, he isn't long for this world though I imagine.

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

Ok, someone who has paid attention to all the announcements and other nonsense, does this mean that season 3 is going to be about Boba Fett, or are they going to be separate things?

I don't think so. I think S3 will center around retaking Mandalore, until we meet up with the child again (hopefully).

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Ok, someone who has paid attention to all the announcements and other nonsense, does this mean that season 3 is going to be about Boba Fett, or are they going to be separate things?

As far as I understand it, it's a standalone parallel thing. 

big spoilers

Spoiler

Luke wrecking those dark troopers was amazing and was like Vader wrecking people in Rogue One but done right. In RO Vader is the enemy and it's weird people are so excited about him murdering all these people. Luke destroying all the dark troopers is fantastic. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I really hope we don't spend too much time in the Uncanny Valley next season. That was a fun sequence, interesting for him to make an appearance, but it'll be weird if he sticks around the show for long. 

Might not have to worry about that. I think The Book of Boba Fett might be Season 3 of The Mandalorian? Maybe the first two seasons were the Book of Din. And now this.

Or maybe it'll be a lead in to season 3 of The Mandalorian lol. 

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

Or maybe it'll be a lead in to season 3 of The Mandalorian lol. 

There should be a Mando 3. I mean, he has the

Spoiler

Darksaber now and I feel like the plot can take off from that.

It would be lame if nothing was done about that. Seemed to be kind of a big deal. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

There should be a Mando 3. I mean, he has the

Reveal hidden contents

It would be lame if nothing was done about that. Seemed to be kind of a big deal. 

I could totally be wrong, but they can always come back to it. 

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I was going to say that pilot seemed awfully young to have been on the Death Star, but I guess that barely works.

How yound do you think he was? The Empire definitely used child soldiers and I would guess he was in his early to mid twenties... so he could have been in his late teens when he was stationed on the Death Star.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm guessing that's how you're not supposed to get it and since she lost the darksaber and failed to rule Mandalore, she wants to get it "legitimately". I'm fine with that explanation.