A Gigantic Fart Derailed RFK Jr.’s NYC Press Dinner: Report

To @Joe@stepee@CastlevaniaNut18Appreciate you all (ok admittedly, Joe - entirely my fault but I guess I just haven't quite tracked you on the forums yet so yeah) but nevertheless, I am ALWAYS open to respectful debate & conversation. I think maybe, with things I may say or stances I take, I do enjoy the role of devil's advocate just for the sake of highlighting a potentially credible opposing viewpoint that perhaps others haven't. By all means, if & when I am WAY the hell off base on something, then I'm open to be educated. That being said, I also do not subscribe to an all or nothing mentality with regards to any opinion I may hold. Challenge me & I'll happily look into and who knows, come around to see things from another perspective as well. That's all any of us really are here in D1P for isn't it? Polite convos & respectable discourse. Truly we are all the weird ones still on a message board in 2023 but I can't quite you D1P!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoberChef said:

It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's "anti-vax" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many, yet that isn't his only standpoint. Personally, regardless, I'm at the point where I say "Let chaos reign!" and let the chips fall where they may. It isn't entirely surprising that the supposed left has their own Trump like figure now if that's how one may quantify it. To be fair, with everything else going on over the last 9ish months, I've done what I can to avoid a lot of news & such as it is far too stressful & my empathetic nature just gets crushed by how awful the world can be anyways.

I just have always believed in listening to all sides & points of argument that a person holds to, before making a rational judgement. From my perspective, it seems as though if one thing doesn't align with one's own beliefs, they're immediately written off now.

Let me put it this way, he went on Joe Rogan’s podcast and said, out loud, that Wi-Fi signals cause brain bleed. Joe Rogan, completely straight faced, said “shit can we shut the Wi-Fi off?”

9 hours ago, SoberChef said:

It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's "anti-vax" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many, yet that isn't his only standpoint. Personally, regardless, I'm at the point where I say "Let chaos reign!" and let the chips fall where they may. It isn't entirely surprising that the supposed left has their own Trump like figure now if that's how one may quantify it. To be fair, with everything else going on over the last 9ish months, I've done what I can to avoid a lot of news & such as it is far too stressful & my empathetic nature just gets crushed by how awful the world can be anyways.

I just have always believed in listening to all sides & points of argument that a person holds to, before making a rational judgement. From my perspective, it seems as though if one thing doesn't align with one's own beliefs, they're immediately written off now.

Being anti-vax is one of those things that tell you whether someone lives in the same world as the rest of us or not.  Vaccines are an objective good and save lives, that's just kind of a fact.  There's also the fact that conspiracy theories are a package deal, no one ever believes in just one, like he thinks that wifi causes brain damage among other things.  We should want leaders to at the very least live in the real world and I'm perfectly fine with mocking the ones who want the job who don't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 2

11 hours ago, SoberChef said:

It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's "anti-vax" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many . . .

Dude, use that sentence with other things, of course it's a dead to rights type dismissal, why wouldn't it be? "It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's an "anti-semite" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many . . ." You could play that game forever. His views actively harm society, so yes, it's a dead to rights dismissal. The fact you put "anti-vax" in quotes as if it's some false word we're using is doubly troubling. "It genuinely blows me away that merely because he believes "cruelty is the point" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many . . . " Let me make this clear:

If you're a racist and/or a sexist, misogynist, anti-semite, anti-LGBTQIA+, anti-vax, a neo-nazi, actively grifting people, spreading misinformation and disinformation, whether ignorantly or intentionally or being a person who supports views and/or policies that actively harm a group of people or individuals and so on and so forth, yes, that's a dead to rights type dismissal in me wasting my time giving that person any sort of credence or validity. Perhaps you like spending time with such people or at least not holding them accountable, but there's a moral imperative to do so.

Since you say you want to have a "real" conversation - let's have one. Why isn't being anti-vax an immediate dismissal given how many people the anti-vax group got killed by spreading the wrong kinds of information like they did during Covid? Why do they deserve any rope after becoming both stupid and indirect murderers?

• Like 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

If you're a racist and/or a sexist, misogynist, anti-semite, anti-LGBTQIA+, anti-vax, a neo-nazi, actively grifting people, spreading misinformation and disinformation, whether ignorantly or intentionally or being a person who supports views and/or policies that actively harm a group of people or individuals and so on and so forth, yes, that's a dead to rights type dismissal in me wasting my time giving that person any sort of credence or validity. Perhaps you like spending time with such people or at least not holding them accountable, but there's a moral imperative to do so.

You’re likely implying this but it should be explicitly mentioned that these things typically link arms and are all present when one or another is. Even if RFK were “only” anti vax, he’s appealing to people who are all of those other things. Not good!

• True 1

For my part, I'll freely admit that my desire to have a "conversation" with individuals who exhibit any single one of a number of traits/beliefs/etc. has been reduced to near absolute zero.  In fact, I'm more likely to want to remove their tongues with a pliers than actually talk to them.  If push came to shove, I'd rather cut off my own ears than hear what they have to say.

• True 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

You’re likely implying this but it should be explicitly mentioned that these things typically link arms and are all present when one or another is. Even if RFK were “only” anti vax, he’s appealing to people who are all of those other things. Not good!

The Venn diagram of individuals who hold anti-vaccination views and those other ones is effectively a perfect circle, ESPECIALLY when it comes to anti-Semitism.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

Guys, he's not actually anti-vax... he's just asking questions.

Here's another question, "Is RFK Jr. a terrible awful idiotic dipshit whose misinformation campaign is willfully contributing to the death of others solely for his own enrichment?"

Just asking questions...

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 1:17 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For my part, I'll freely admit that my desire to have a "conversation" with individuals who exhibit any single one of a number of traits/beliefs/etc. has been reduced to near absolute zero.  In fact, I'm more likely to want to remove their tongues with a pliers than actually talk to them.  If push came to shove, I'd rather cut off my own ears than hear what they have to say.

You can only try to have a dialog for so long before you run out of energy trying to convert an insane person to rational thought.

• True 1

I've tried many times to have reasonable discussions with these people, it really is impossible. You can't use facts or data, because they can and will just make shit up.

No numbers are real, everything is made up, everything is manipulation, everything is some sort of trick or conspiracy...

There can be 10,000 medical experts that say that A is true, and one that says B is true... and the one that that says B is true is the only one they pay attention to.

We're over here trying our best to do what's right to keep everyone as safe as possible and they are off in the corner selfishly thumbing their nose at the death and sickness all around them like giant fucking diaper babies... because they are incapable of thinking of anyone else but themselves... doing anything at all is dumb and pointless if it doesn't directly and immediately benefit them...

It's just tiresome. We live in a society that involves a great deal of trust in your fellow man to simply exist. We all have our lanes. If you don't trust the world to that extent, just go live on a remote off-the-grid farm somewhere, I don't know what to tell you.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Absolutely - I am implying it but I agree it should be made explicit. Frequently when a person is one thing (say, anti-vax), they are usually many of the other things.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Venn diagram of individuals who hold anti-vaccination views and those other ones is effectively a perfect circle, ESPECIALLY when it comes to anti-Semitism.

But not a totally perfect circle, anti-vax is rampant in Hasidic communities.

• True 1

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was just pointing out that in this case, the person asking about RFK is an exception and definitely not those other things.

Maybe less bad or not entirely, but I've seen other views towards other subjects that lean towards those other things from what I've observed over the years. So might also be some of those other things to one extent or another.

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:
kennedyrobert_121219_AP_Greg-Allen_Invis
THEHILL.COM

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. praised former President Trump on Friday, saying the leading GOP candidate is “probably the most successful debater in this country since Lin…

I mean I 100% got that vibe in the first debate with Biden for sure.

45 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Was that the one where he had covid and kept it secret from everyone in an attempt, I assume, to get Biden infected and killed (since he, too, is an old man)

Wasn’t that their only debate? I know the second one got canceled when it leaked that Trump had covid (and got Chris Christie infected and almost killed him). But I have absolutely no memory of the third.

20 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Wasn’t that their only debate? I know the second one got canceled when it leaked that Trump had covid (and got Chris Christie infected and almost killed him). But I have absolutely no memory of the third.

No idea! My only memory of that time was the pure elation of trump getting covid and being very seriously sick and potentially kicking the bucket

21 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I pretty much only remember Mike Pence’s fly

48 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

27 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No idea! My only memory of that time was the pure elation of trump getting covid and being very seriously sick and potentially kicking the bucket

They had two debates together. It was going to be three but one was canceled. Trump was unusually calm in the second debate, and Biden said “come on man” a lot. I think trump tried to make a big deal of Biden saying we’d eventually wean off of oil.

21 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

NYPICHPDPICT000014063648-1.jpg?quality=7
NYPOST.COM

Kennedy — a longtime aficionado of conspiracy theories — floated the idea during a question and answer portion of a raucous booze and fart filled dinner at Tony's Di Napoli on the Upper East...

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1
  • True 1

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

NYPICHPDPICT000014063648-1.jpg?quality=7
NYPOST.COM

Kennedy — a longtime aficionado of conspiracy theories — floated the idea during a question and answer portion of a raucous booze and fart filled dinner at Tony's Di Napoli on the Upper East...

It genuinely blows me away that "merely" because he thinks Covid was ethnically targeted to "spare" Jews that that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many around here. Blows me away! This isn't a dismissable offense, give him another chance, just on a different topic!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

I love self contradictory conspiracy theories.  Yes, COVID was engineered in a lab by the Chinese to… spare the Jews?  

Only Ashkenazi though. Sephardic Jews are on their own!

• Haha 1