A Gigantic Fart Derailed RFK Jr.’s NYC Press Dinner: Report

5 hours ago, osxmatt said:
qGfSdUL.png?fb
IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring...

"14" and "88", huh?

WHAT A COINCIDENCE, EH?!?

He's a Nazi, just like his grandfather.

• True 2

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"14" and "88", huh?

WHAT A COINCIDENCE, EH?!?

He's a Nazi, just like his grandfather.

There was a long time where I'd chalk that sort of stuff to unfortunate coincidence, but at this point that all seems way to obvious and transparent what they're trying to do.

6 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

There was a long time where I'd chalk that sort of stuff to unfortunate coincidence, but at this point that all seems way to obvious and transparent what they're trying to do.

Especially in light of his grandfather:

According to Harvey Klemmer, who served as one of Kennedy's embassy aides, Kennedy habitually referred to Jews as "kikes or sheenies". Kennedy allegedly told Klemmer that "[some] individual Jews are all right, Harvey, but as a race they stink. They spoil everything they touch."[50] When Klemmer returned from a trip to Germany and reported the pattern of vandalism and assaults on Jews by Nazis, Kennedy responded, "Well, they brought it on themselves."[53]

On June 13, 1938, Kennedy met in London with Herbert von Dirksen, the German ambassador to the United Kingdom, who claimed upon his return to Berlin that Kennedy had told him that "it was not so much the fact that we want to get rid of the Jews that was so harmful to us, but rather the loud clamor with which we accompanied this purpose. [Kennedy] himself fully understood our Jewish policy."[54] Kennedy's main concern with such violent acts against German Jews as Kristallnacht was that they generated bad publicity in the West for the Nazi regime, a concern that he communicated in a letter to Charles Lindbergh.[55]

Kennedy had a close friendship with Viscountess Astor, and their correspondence is replete with anti-Semitic statements.[56] According to Edward Renehan:

As fiercely anti-Communist as they were anti-Semitic, Kennedy and Astor looked upon Adolf Hitler as a welcome solution to both of these "world problems" (Nancy's phrase). ... . Kennedy replied that he expected the "Jew media" in the United States to become a problem, that "Jewish pundits in New York and Los Angeles" were already making noises contrived to "set a match to the fuse of the world".[57]

Kennedy told the reporter Joe Dinneen:

It is true that I have a low opinion of some Jews in public office and in private life. That does not mean that I. ... believe they should be wiped off the face of the Earth. ... Jews who take an unfair advantage of the fact that theirs is a persecuted race do not help much. ... Publicizing unjust attacks upon the Jews may help to cure the injustice, but continually publicizing the whole problem only serves to keep it alive in the public mind.

Let this be a reminder that the only good Kennedy was, is, and forever will be a dead Kennedy.

Or it’s just a coincidence, and the left likes ridiculous conspiracies as much as the right. 

for all the left’s reporting about how crazy he is, when you actually listen to him and not news reports, he’s not that crazy at all. He’s done multiple long form podcasts talking about his views. No other candidate is doing that, and of course shit rags like NYT and the establishment takes most of his opinions out of context and spreads nonsense like that in this thread, claiming he’s a nazi (because that’s the lefts only attack now, if you don’t agree with us, you’re a nazi).

its s perfect encapsulation of why thy Biden is in a dead heat with Trump, because while many centrists won’t ever vote for Trump, they can be pushed towards a 3rd party with a more centrist candidate who at least aligns with their economic and world views.

It goes back to the Critical Drinker discussion in the movie forum. This forum is so far left, they can’t see that they are a congregated minority who doesn’t represent most of America. The apathy towards Biden is at an all time high. A candidate like Tulsi or RFK could actually unite the center against the far right. I don’t believe Biden can, and I fully expect Trump to win in 2024 as these indictments, even though they are deserved, have seemed to increase his support. 

Biden effectively won by 40k votes. Republicans will absolutely turn out for Trump, but will apathetic voters turn out for Biden again? He certainly isn’t getting 80+ million votes this time around.

While I will say I personally find the GOP to be an unacceptable party as it stands, that doesn’t mean I would automatically support democrats who really don’t align with my views either. Millions of others feel the same, and polls and groups that are stumping for democrats are finding this as well, especially with black male voters. I saw a report on this recently. “You have to vote for us because Trump” just isn’t going to work this time. People will vote 3rd party or not at all because democrats are always telling them how unacceptable everything is while doing very little to improve their lives. Almost nobody is better off since Biden’s election. People vote based on their personal circumstances, not based on a theoretical bogeyman who will “end democracy”, culture war issues, or infrastructure bills that don’t help their standard of living. 

Maybe if they actually publicly fought for raising minimum wage, Medicare for all, had not forced railroad unions back to work without sick days, and not refused primary debates (while accusing the right of being undemocratic), they wouldn’t be in this situation.

but hey, keep attacking would be centrist democratic voters from the left and pushing them away while telling them how good they have it, and that they are just ungrateful. That’s sure to expand the democratic base. 

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What on Earth makes you think that we're not very well aware of that at all?!?

In fact, that's the entire point of this place!

Oh, I know you see it. In fact I greatly respect how you acknowledge your own hypocrisies and are adamant you don’t care. That is not the usual case with most here. 

that’s very different from the average “leftist” strategy 

you just spent a lot of typing to not mention a driving issue for a lot of voters that helped democrats in swing states and across the country: abortion. you’re going to see this in Ohio of all places literally next week. You’re going to see midterm level turnout for an august special election, in fucking Ohio. 

for all your hemming and hawing about the dems, there are two choices and only two choices (sorry but you’re a dipshit if you think otherwise), the other side has to be considered and people fucking hate the other choice.  

• True 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

you just spent a lot of typing to not mention a driving issue for a lot of voters that helped democrats in swing states and across the country: abortion. you’re going to see this in Ohio of all places literally next week. You’re going to see midterm level turnout for an august special election, in fucking Ohio. 

for all your hemming and hawing about the dems, there are two choices and only two choices (sorry but you’re a dipshit if you think otherwise), the other side has to be considered and people fucking hate the other choice. 

I do have reservations as to whether the abortion issue will remain a salient motivator in 2024.

The softening of Democratic support among working-class black men has to be an absolutely concerning factor for the party.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do have reservations as to whether the abortion issue will remain a salient motivator in 2024.

The softening of Democratic support among working-class black men has to be an absolutely concerning factor for the party.

there's zero reason to doubt it being a motivator. the lack of access to abortion (and constant new legislation to curtail that right) is driving youth voters out to vote in a big way, and they vote strongly democratic. 

as to working class black men, I haven't seen compelling data that makes this group any more or less favorable to biden or trump compared to the trend with other groups

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

as to working class black men, I haven't seen compelling data that makes this group any more or less favorable to biden or trump compared to the trend with other groups

It's not necessarily a matter of working class black men voting for Trump as much as it's them not voting for Biden (by not voting at all) in swing-y places like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

I'm largely referring to this recent NYT/Siena poll.

F2cSfCMXQAAvJDf?format=jpg&name=small

Spending two weeks in Alberta and having some conversations with people, I’m not feeling much of apoc’s “American left is out of control” here, generally it seems more viewed that the centrist democrats are more like the right here, and this is supposedly one of the more right leaning areas. I’d be curious where he is from specifically in Canada but he would have to break character to tell us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's not necessarily a matter of working class black men voting for Trump as much as it's them not voting for Biden (by not voting at all) in swing-y places like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

I'm largely referring to this recent NYT/Siena poll.

F2cSfCMXQAAvJDf?format=jpg&name=small

I'd have to see a further breakdown by state and region. Like losing support in CA might not translate to losing support in GA. Or if Republicans are making massive gains in FL that doesn't necessarily translate to close states like WI and AZ

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'd have to see a further breakdown by state and region. Like losing support in CA might not translate to losing support in GA. Or if Republicans are making massive gains in FL that doesn't necessarily translate to close states like WI and AZ

You're absolutely correct - I'm merely pointing out that internally the party has prioritized this issue.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Spending two weeks in Alberta and having some conversations with people, I’m not feeling much of apoc’s “American left is out of control” here, generally it seems more viewed that the centrist democrats are more like the right here, and this is supposedly one of the more right leaning areas. I’d be curious where he is from specifically in Canada but he would have to break character to tell us.

Obviously if you go into the deep rural areas of Alberta you're going to get a different picture, but generally speaking the right-wing in Canada would be centrist in the US. They 100% align on certain issues (such as being anti-anti-climate change, low taxes for the rich, etc), but in Canada the Conservatives still support big immigration, public healthcare (though that is starting to erode, especially at the provincial level of conservative parties), and other things. That's not to say they aren't veering towards MAGA politics, because they are under Poilievre. It's likely that he'll be PM by 2025 and Canada will get its worst government in 100 years, unfortunately.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

apoc and all the other "independents" can be summed up as: "I don't agree with the Republicans wanting to ban abortions, make Black people and women second-class citizens, genocide transgender people, and other things...but I just don't vibe with Biden."

Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Obviously if you go into the deep rural areas of Alberta you're going to get a different picture, but generally speaking the right-wing in Canada would be centrist in the US. They 100% align on certain issues (such as being anti-anti-climate change, low taxes for the rich, etc), but in Canada the Conservatives still support big immigration, public healthcare (though that is starting to erode, especially at the provincial level of conservative parties), and other things. That's not to say they are veering towards MAGA politics, because they are under Poilievre. It's likely that he'll be PM by 2025 and Canada will get its worst government in 100 years, unfortunately.

Just to confirm, do you mean to say that they ARE veering towards MAGA politics?