A Gigantic Fart Derailed RFK Jr.’s NYC Press Dinner: Report

That’s when Dechert brought out his secret weapon: a booming fart that he released while shouting, “I’m farting!” All the while, RFJ Jr. calmly watched the gaseous chaos unfold. Dechert said the following to Page Six about the incident: “I apologize for using my flatulence as a medium of public commentary in your presence.

2023-03-03T183424Z_1980683120_RC2GMZ9IT7
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

RFK Jr.’s event devolved into a shouting match between geezers and ended with a prolonged bout of flatulence.

:wat:

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Oh cool so ya'll doing that. okey dokey!

He’s a conspiracy theorist nut job, my guy. 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Kennedy Jr. suggested in a Twitter Spaces discussion Monday that the Covid-19 virus was a “bioweapons problem.”

The only thing “we’re doing” is calling it like we see them :p 

• True 1

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

So I'm confused, do we like or dislike RFK Jr? Personally, I don't necessarily know all of his politics, but what I do know & have heard, he seems level headed enough for sure.

When the only thing I knew about him in 2006 was that he was big on climate change, I liked him just fine.

But not really anymore. He's agreeing with Alex Jones on chemicals making frogs gay; what do you find level-headed?

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

When those conspiracies turn out to be true you're all going to feel very silly!

Y'know I was thinking about that -- I feel conspiracy theorists inadvertently found a strategy where they spout out so many ridiculous things that you can't remember every crazy thing they said. Then the laws of chance dictate that one of the 1000 things they said would probably be correct, not because they really knew, but because that was one of the good guesses based on incomplete evidence that at least put the likelihood of it being true at greater than 0.

But then that's the one that gets pointed to by people who go, "See? This person knows everything!" 

• Sicko Sherman 1

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Y'know I was thinking about that -- I feel conspiracy theorists inadvertently found a strategy where they spout out so many ridiculous things that you can't remember every crazy thing they said. Then the laws of chance dictate that one of the 1000 things they said would probably be correct, not because they really knew, but because that was one of the good guesses based on incomplete evidence that at least put the likelihood of it being true at greater than 0.

But then that's the one that gets pointed to by people who go, "See? This person knows everything!" 

“This guy predicted the 2008 crash” got so many cranks so much credibility 

RFK Jr. is like a 50% less fucked up Hunter Biden 20 years in the future who figured out he can get lots of attention by spreading vaccine misinformation that results in real people really dying.

Another super rich and connected nepo-baby bullshit artist with real blood on his hands. Fuck this guy. I have no time for anti-vaxxers.

I find it interesting that people who are anti vax sometimes think that NOT being anti vax is the fringe belief. It got a lot more mainstream once it got heavily politicized  during Covid stemming from the initial right wing denial of Covid in order to make it seem like Trump wasn’t killing people during his initial period of inaction.

But it’s still not THAT popular, all sorts of studies online, but the absolute overwhelming amount of Americans still believe in child vaccinations and only about 1 in 5 Americans aren’t vaxed for Covid. I’m sure some anti vaxers still got vaxed for whatever reason (especially ones who only care about other goals and concern troll anti vax but are smart enough to protect themselves) and vice versa but it’s easy to see that it’s not actually a super popular belief among Americans if you look outside of whatever algorithms you are set on.

That said, I’m really hoping that since he doesn’t have to win re-election again that after he’s sworn back in Joe gives Hunter a cabinet position somewhere. Like just give him whatever job Jared had.

• True 1

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So I'm confused, do we like or dislike RFK Jr? Personally, I don't necessarily know all of his politics, but what I do know & have heard, he seems level headed enough for sure.

What would give you the impression that folks here would support him?

It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's "anti-vax" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many, yet that isn't his only standpoint. Personally, regardless, I'm at the point where I say "Let chaos reign!" and let the chips fall where they may. It isn't entirely surprising that the supposed left has their own Trump like figure now if that's how one may quantify it. To be fair, with everything else going on over the last 9ish months, I've done what I can to avoid a lot of news & such as it is far too stressful & my empathetic nature just gets crushed by how awful the world can be anyways.

I just have always believed in listening to all sides & points of argument that a person holds to, before making a rational judgement. From my perspective, it seems as though if one thing doesn't align with one's own beliefs, they're immediately written off now.

I wouldn’t really consider RFK the Trump of the left, since the left doesn’t embrace RFK. It’s not just the vax though, someone posted some articles, he has a history of some looney tunes stuff. Just generally these far out wackadoodle characters, we don’t really need their viewpoints, it’s all just noise that serves to distract the public.

We should really demand better of the people representing us. We are not having our best represent us and the super far out populists with campaigns based on fairy tale magic only make it worse. 

People like RFK don’t  have anything worth hearing because the world that their supposed solutions are for doesn’t exist. None of it is relevant to reality and thus not worth consideration. And when it comes to public health issues, that sort of thing can get serious and cost lives.

• Halal 1

54 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

It genuinely blows me away that merely because he's "anti-vax" that's a dead to rights type dismissal by so many

Yes you're right, very curious that being demonstrably soft in the head is an automatic no go for us. What could we possibly be thinking?

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He’s had some…peculiar takes on current events, but yeah, I’ve never seen him be an ass to people. 

Yeah he has, and I obviously don’t agree on those, but he’s kind and respectful and just not one of the people to take out our anger on, a guy like him could definitely vote on our side some day who knows. I get it’s hard though because so often it’s not that.

Oh I've typically been a Dem/Lib/Indy since I was 18, I do vote more right leaning in my neck of the woods in terms of local government & sometimes state, but on a national level I have always gone left. That all being said, and I need to quote Bill Maher on this, "It isn't me that changed. I stayed the same, it is you on the far left that dragged the line so far out of skew." To that point, I have always maintained my core ethos on points like:

• Logistical & stringent practical gun laws wherein mental health checks should be implemented, yet those results should not EVER be used against the individual in any other shape/way/form.
  • I have & will always be pro-green. Marijuana needs to be federally decriminalized, de-listed from a schedule 1 substance, & get laws in place so that banks can work with those in states where it is already legal. Furthermore there needs to be even more scientific research put forth for this as well as psilocybin.
  • I will always be pro-choice no matter what (much like I am pro-marriage for all people as well) - what any 1 individual chooses to do with their life/body that isn't a detriment to society as a whole should abso-fucking-lutely NEVER be infringed upon due to cultural, socioeconomic, or religious biases.
  • Speaking of, we really need to finally get religion right the fuck out of all aspects of governing because I feel as though it would really help streamline the efficiency of the government.
  • We should not be sending any more monetary resources to countries that aren't our own. We are already in a serious decline with really no way to pull that stick up hard enough to bank out of it, but nevertheless, we NEED to reinvest in jobs/infrastructure (looking at you high speed rail system throughout our continental U.S.) This can be further emboldened by discretionary spending or tax benefits wherein those who happen to be homeless & are looking for work, then why not give them one of those mini homes at the very least as a part to incentivize to further one's place in society?

I mean these aren't all my hard points but definitely the ones that stuck out as I wrote. I just abhor, despise, and hate vindictive retorts meant to be both dismissive & exclusionary when all I'm attempting is an actual conversation. Yet that's where we are as a collective society in these states & it will be one of our biggest downfalls to have been allowed to be so divided to the point we cannot even hear another person's viewpoint, argument, idea without being a right cunt.