Trailer for "O, Canada!", a Tucker Carlson-created film advocating for the invasion and overthrow of the Canadian government

"For more than a hundred years, the United States has, as a matter of policy, opposed dictatorships around the world. But what if tyranny arrived right next door?," asks Carlson, about a democratically-elected government that just so happens to believe in different things than him.

"Would we liberate the people living under authoritarian rule?" asks Carlson, of a country which arguably offers more democratic freedoms than the United States.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/04/fox-news-host-invade-liberate-canada/

8ZiAhSK.png

Great, I look forward to this being an issue with the right-wing, including conservatives in Canada advocating for it as well.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Do we get their health care system? I'm okay with it if we get their health care system.

Nope. Conservative Premiers (head of provinces) are already trying to dismantle it and replace them with freedom for profit care before you get here.

I finally watched the trailer and WTF WAS THAT! This is suppose to be a movie or a “documentary” film. 

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That one lady in the trailer talking about (I'm assuming) being tear gassed like it was some traumatic experience.

Everyone who went to a BLM protest in 2020: first time?

I think it was more the fact that it was fucking cold during the protest and her face got frostbite and she couldn’t tell the difference. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Failed theater kids, all of them. Shapiro chowder owens all of them. 

Ding ding ding. This is it. They all so desperately wanted to make it in a creative field but failed because they are weird, creepy, and lack talent. Look at Shapiro, he cries himself to sleep at night cause he isn't a screenwriter and so spends his day complaining that Elsa will be a lesbian in Frozen 4.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Ding ding ding. This is it. They all so desperately wanted to make it in a creative field but failed because they are weird, creepy, and lack talent. Look at Shapiro, he cries himself to sleep at night cause he isn't a screenwriter and so spends his day complaining that Elsa will be a lesbian in Frozen 4.

And to continue with this, being creative requires empathy and honesty, something these cretins will never exhibit.

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Yes, im sure he cries in to his piles of money a ton.  These guys care about none of this shit, they know it’s all nonsense, but it’s profitable nonsense that they built whole media empires on. 

It was obvious that the rise of shows like The Young Turks in the early 2000’s, making tens of millions on progressive outrage (warranted outrage) that the right wing would follow suit. If you don’t mind being the heel, its a great grift. Shapiro/Crowder/Quartering, they are all WWE’s version of political operatives. They know it doesn’t matter if its true, as long as they sell it (both literally and figuratively). 

It all comes down to how much harm you’re ok causing.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes, im sure he cries in to his piles of money a ton.  These guys care about none of this shit, they know it’s all nonsense, but it’s profitable nonsense that they built whole media empires on. 

It was obvious that the rise of shows like The Young Turks in the early 2000’s, making tens of millions on progressive outrage (warranted outrage) that the right wing would follow suit. If you don’t mind being the heel, its a great grift. Shapiro/Crowder/Quartering, they are all WWE’s version of political operatives. They know it doesn’t matter if its true, as long as they sell it (both literally and figuratively). 

It’s quite profitable to be a propagandist 

• True 1

57 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

spacer.png

I could see this as just Carlson engaging in cinematic trolling, but then again he’s also certainly dumb enough to believe this flavor of insanity…

This is where the left gets it wrong, imo. These people aren’t dumb. Tucker Carlson isn’t stupid, he’s evil, a monster, the Mortarian of the real world, spreading his plagues with “care and concern”, but he’s not dumb, he knows exactly what he’s doing. Right down to that blank look he does when pretending he’s shocked by something.

No, it’s not Tucker who is dumb, it’s the audience that he caters to. In fact, he’s smart enough to play them like an accordion.

Treating these people like morons that don’t understand what they are doing is dangerous. Instead they need to be treated like the monsters they are.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

22 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

This is where the left gets it wrong, imo. These people aren’t dumb. Tucker Carlson isn’t stupid, he’s evil, a monster, the Mortarian of the real world, spreading his plagues with “care and concern”, but he’s not dumb, he knows exactly what he’s doing. Right down to that blank look he does when pretending he’s shocked by something.

No, it’s not Tucker who is dumb, it’s the audience that he caters to. In fact, he’s smart enough to play them like an accordion.

Treating these people like morons that don’t understand what they are doing is dangerous. Instead they need to be treated like the monsters they are.

Exactly.

The Dominion lawsuit is showing that these monsters knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and they were doing it for RATINGS because Newsmax and America First Nation or whatever those other networks are called were starting to steal their viewers.

Tucker Carlson literally said he hated Trump with a passion in his text messages and then he’s interviewing him the other day as if he didn’t say those things.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

This part I actually disagree with. 

I’ve always wanted to be an artist, didn’t matter the field. I love doing it all; drawing, painting, pixel art, video game design, acting, writing, etc. However, money was REALLY tight and I took a pretty high paying job to cover expenses and then all that shit fell to the wayside and I just liked having money. However, I drank myself stupid nightly and wanted to walk into traffic more often than not.

Now? I left the high paying job, went back to my roots, and now I’m happier than ever (okay, that’s a stretch, I still work a side job I hate but it comes with good pay and health benefits in between gigs).

I truly believe someone like Shapiro will one day get hot mic’d admitting that all he ever wanted was to be accepted by the “Hollywood Elite” he rails against. It definitely drives him nuts he accidentally made himself a punchline as a goober who can’t get his wife off all because he tried to humble brag about his “wife” being a doctor while he was ranting about WAP.

27 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

People should be media savy.  Tucker Carlson is an entertainer.  Ben Shapiro is an entertainer.  And, TBH, I think their media reach and real influence is vastly overestimated by most people (particularly the people that hate them). 

Fox News is mostly watched by people over the age of 65, and their ratings (while high relative to cable news) are abysmally low when compared to the population of the US.  They probably get more reach, TBH, because of the people constantly complaining about them and expressing outrage on social media.

20 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

This part I actually disagree with. 

I’ve always wanted to be an artist, didn’t matter the field. I love doing it all; drawing, painting, pixel art, video game design, acting, writing, etc. However, money was REALLY tight and I took a pretty high paying job to cover expenses and then all that shit fell to the wayside and I just liked having money. However, I drank myself stupid nightly and wanted to walk into traffic more often than not.

Now? I left the high paying job, went back to my roots, and now I’m happier than ever (okay, that’s a stretch, I still work a side job I hate but it comes with good pay and health benefits in between gigs).

I truly believe someone like Shapiro will one day get hot mic’d admitting that all he ever wanted was to be accepted by the “Hollywood Elite” he rails against. It definitely drives him nuts he accidentally made himself a punchline as a goober who can’t get his wife off all because he tried to humble brag about his “wife” being a doctor while he was ranting about WAP.

Dude, you took a high paying job, you didn’t create an empire. Shapiro can do whatever he wants now, as shown by Daily Wire making movies. I’m not saying he didn’t want to make it in script writing, but he cared about having a conservative platform even then. Long before he went to try to make it innHollywood he was a young republican and an Ivy League educated conservative lawyer. This has always been Bens “thing”, and he was very into culture war and conservative politics even then. He was always a reactionary conservative. At 17 he was a syndicated conservative columnist. 

I disagree that Tucker isn’t an idiot. Just that he is willing to defile himself on national tv shows me he’s an idiot. That he does the things he does because he thinks his return of money which he doesn’t even really need is worth it makes him an idiot. His emotional intelligence is obviously basically non existent.

He is aware and knows what he’s doing and does dumb things intentionally but that doesn’t mean he also isn’t dumb. It’s easier to mess up a house than it is to clean it up, he’s just competent enough, with the right connections, to be the person willing to be a piece of shit in return for more money. And with an entire organization behind him to tell him exactly what to do and how to act I’m not giving him any extra points just because he knows he’s an asshole.

Everything on fox is meticulous and planned and should be treated as such but there’s no issue calling these goobers idiots. The smart ones are out there making money and getting what they want from behind the scenes without having to embarrass themselves and being reviled by over half the country. 

All I will give Tucker is that he’s smarter than Hanity, who I think actually believes this stuff to at least some extent. But that isn’t saying much.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Just a reminder he admitted he can’t get his wife off

That’s a thing for-most guys

Has millions but his wife is getting nutted in by some guy like me. Unless he’s cuck which would be so amazing.

a wet ass pussy is pathological guys

Once again it comes back to conservative rank-and-file on balance having zero--none, zilch, zip, nada--media literacy or critical thinking skills. It's part of why they nearly blindly support such an obvious conman and grifter like Trump no matter what. It's part of the reason why they have adopted symbols like the Punisher (because they look cool!) without realizing the fucking irony of a cop with that symbol tattooed on their arm. And these are just the two easiest and most obvious examples of it happening! Many such examples!

I still find it incredibly amusing that even though the Dominion case has completely outed the entire Fox News cast and crew across the board, MAGA chuds still go watch them praise Trump like the bootlickers they are and these MAGA chuds who believe in "strong men" either (a) don't know about the Dominion case and them being outed (so they're dumb, which tracks); (b) they don't care (also likely, hypocrisy and cruelty are the point so long as you can own the libs); (3) it's a conspiracy, those texts and communications aren't real, deep state, etc. Or a mixture/combination of these three.

It's so obvious yet it's the grift that keeps on giving.

• True 1