Trailer for "O, Canada!", a Tucker Carlson-created film advocating for the invasion and overthrow of the Canadian government

56 minutes ago, chakoo said:

? Which one. I've seen a few places have "hawaiian pizza" (Ham & Pineapple) with at most some having a variant which throws in bacon (pizzaiolo).

Yet on that subject, I had hawaiian / pineapple & ham pizza far more when I lived in California than I have  while in Canada (my sister use to order it all the time). 

With the huge pineapple rings right out of a Dole can.  *shudders*

Bacon crumble or Ham is normally what is on any Hawaiian pizza I have seen.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

standing-up-for-spam-FT-BLOG0121-6f6aba7
WWW.FOODANDWINE.COM

Chef Kiki Aranita explains why Spam has been embraced as an essential part of Hawaii's food culture.

I wasn't saying it would be good.

That might make Hawaiian an "authentic" Hawaiian dish, rather than a cultural appropriation from rural Ontario.

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

With the huge pineapple rings right out of a Dole can.  *shudders*

Bacon crumble or Ham is normally what is on any Hawaiian pizza I have seen.

Ah, yeah plus the pizza looks to be Detroit or Sicilian style so probably from a place trying to be different (nothing wrong with Detroit style, there is a place near me that's pretty good).

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Ah, yeah plus the pizza looks to be Detroit or Sicilian style so probably from a place trying to be different (nothing wrong with Detroit style, there is a place near me that's pretty good).

Looks like something that could be from Buddy's.

To be fair, the closest major city to Chatham (where it was invented) IS Detroit.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:32 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Spam tastes like eating straight salt. Fuck it and fuck anyone who eats it!

lol I literally read this as “Sperm” at first and I thought that it seemed so close minded for you but after re-reading it a few more times I got it right 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, when I do eat tuna, it’s from a packet. I like the Starkist garlic & herb. 

I get that too, it’s great! Sometimes I don’t even make a sandwich or anything and just eat it in a bowl as a little snack.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I get that too, it’s great! Sometimes I don’t even make a sandwich or anything and just eat it in a bowl as a little snack.

That’s what I do, lol. Makes for a good work snack early in my shift. I don’t like traditional tuna with the mayo and relish and all that. Just give me some seasoned tuna with nothing else and I’m good. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That’s what I do, lol. Makes for a good work snack early in my shift. I don’t like traditional tuna with the mayo and relish and all that. Just give me some seasoned tuna with nothing else and I’m good. 

Maybe an acquired taste, but on mine what i like to add is some capers

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, ain’t you bougie. 

I do like capers, though, so that could be interesting. 

They are like $3 for a jar and last forever! I like to use them on that and really any kind of salmon smoked or regular cooked, gives it a little extra zip

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
02fox-cjgt-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The discovery of the text message contributed to a chain of events that ultimately led to Tucker Carlson’s firing.

I'm not sure I buy it, it's not terribly different than the stuff he said on his show.  Was he dancing close to a line that he got a toe over?

27 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm not sure I buy it, it's not terribly different than the stuff he said on his show.  Was he dancing close to a line that he got a toe over?

What is there to buy? They were about to go to trial and had this stuff come out during the trial they would have been even MORE embarassed than they alreadywere AND they would probably end up spending even more money to settle the case. Remember they also have several MORE cases like the Dominion one so it makes sense that they would make the calculus that enough was enough at it was time to cut him lose. Seems pretty straightforward to me given the circumstances.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What is there to buy? They were about to go to trial and had this stuff come out during the trial they would have been even MORE embarassed than they alreadywere AND they would probably end up spending even more money to settle the case. Remember they also have several MORE cases like the Dominion one so it makes sense that they would make the calculus that enough was enough at it was time to cut him lose. Seems pretty straightforward to me given the circumstances.

I figured it was more about how he talked about the executives and their viewers, Fox doesn't have a problem peddling white nationalism.  Would saying the unsaid in a text be the straw that broke the camel's back?

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

I figured it was more about how he talked about the executives and their viewers, Fox doesn't have a problem peddling white nationalism.  Would saying the unsaid in a text be the straw that broke the camel's back?

It would when they are facing even more monetary damages than they've already paid. Also that's only a piece of what's underseal... no telling what else he's said that hasn't been made public.

You aren’t supposed to get caught actually  saying it still. There is a metric ton of effort to create the dog whistles to say these things without saying them and if you actually say it then it undermines that effort.

• Halal 2

We could be seeing some weird shit from Tucker off air shenanigan very soon

tucker-carlson.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Fox News parent Fox Corp. has sent a cease-and-desist order to Media Matters for America in an effort to stop leaked footage of Tucker Carlson, and Media Matters has responded.

love this quote

“Reporting on newsworthy leaked material is a cornerstone of journalism. For Fox to argue otherwise is absurd and further dispels any pretense that they’re a news operation. Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns.

:lol::lol:

• Haha 1