Poll: a majority of American voters under 40 have little-to-no confidence in the US government, the US public, SCOTUS, Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, etc.

107072477-1654635251055-gettyimages-1241
WWW.CNBC.COM

Twenty-six percent of respondents said they "approve somewhat" of Biden's performance and an additional 22% neither approve or disapprove.

A majority of voters under 40 reported having little to no confidence in the government or the American public to make the right decisions: 49% said they have “not very much” trust or confidence in the American populous with 15% reporting they have “none at all.” Three-quarters of respondents said they can trust the government to do what is right “some of the time” or “never,” 55% said they can trust the government “some of the time” and 20% reported “never.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Poll: a majority of American voters under 40 have no confidence in the US government, the US public, Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, etc.
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Poll: a majority of American voters under 40 have little-to-no confidence in the US government, the US public, SCOTUS, Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, etc.
10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Polls have consistently indicated for the past 30 years that younger people care less and less about preserving democracy. After all, what has it done for them?

I'm sure for alot of people those COVID checks is probably the first time they have seen their government help them out with very few strings attached.

• True 1

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Polls have consistently indicated for the past 30 years that younger people care less and less about preserving democracy. After all, what has it done for them?

I get the sentiment. "Whoever has access to the people and orgs with the deepest pockets wins" is how it seemingly goes. And areas with those problems absolutely need reform. But a turn away from democracy is bad news for the most part.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I get the sentiment. "Whoever has access to the people and orgs with the deepest pockets wins" is how it seemingly goes. And areas with those problems absolutely need reform. But a turn away from democracy is bad news for the most part.

Oh I agree. And every single system is vulnerable to corruption from the rich/elite.

I'm 42 and I cannot remember a time where the Republican line has not been, "government bad." So the well has been poisoned against about half of the country right there. And from high school on there have been guys like the South Park cunts who go out of their way to pop off about their particular brand of right wing libertarianism that paints both sides as equally unworthy. It's exhausting.

• Like 1
  • True 1

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'm 42 and I cannot remember a time where the Republican line has not been, "government bad." So the well has been poisoned against about half of the country right there. And from high school on there have been guys like the South Park cunts who go out of their way to pop off about their particular brand of right wing libertarianism that paints both sides as equally unworthy. It's exhausting.

South Park literally apologized to Al Gore. Wherever they are, it ain’t libertarian anymore.

5 minutes ago, outsida said:

Such apathy only benefits Republicans. Since I have started paying attention to politics in 2000 every time I hear people says “they are all the same, why bother” we always get the worst option. 

Funny story, there was a waitress I knew at one of my local bars who was liberal in every way imaginable, but got so brainwashed by right wingers that she thought being liberal meant you were lazy. So she constantly voted Republican despite all the evidence to the contrary, and was SHOCKED when Roe got overturned.

Some people are just too stupid to survive.

• Sad 1

When this country falls, it will fall fast and hard like a raised deck full of drunk college students collapsing. As a culture, we tend to rot from the inside, so by the time the "indicators" are clearly visible (now), its far too late. Many cycles of bullshit are coming. 

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh, it's VERY much happening before our eyes right now.  We are absolutely living well within it!

Met more of were nowhere near the rubicon but we’re far past the gracchi and approaching Sulla.

hence why we’re in the collapse but we will continue off of inertia for at least another generation.

Literally every one of my friends I've spoken about politics with has this sense of apathy and/or disgust. They still vote and certainly don't vote Republican. They're not mutually exclusive, plenty people understand that you can think it's a joke but still can't give your vote to the worst possible option. This is the first year I can vote and I will despite having to do it internally kicking and screaming. 

55 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Met more of were nowhere near the rubicon but we’re far past the gracchi and approaching Sulla.

hence why we’re in the collapse but we will continue off of inertia for at least another generation.

Trump is our Sulia. He showed what can be done. He is more of a Sulla analogue because while Sulla ultimately wanted to keep the Republic going he just ended up showing what could be done. 

Want to shout out "The Storm before the Storm" by Mike Duncan. Get it for free from audbile guys by going to audible.com/zaku3. (this is a joke I don't have an audible sponsorship.)