Poll: a majority of American voters under 40 have little-to-no confidence in the US government, the US public, SCOTUS, Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, etc.

31 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Trump is our Sulia. He showed what can be done. He is more of a Sulla analogue because while Sulla ultimately wanted to keep the Republic going he just ended up showing what could be done. 

Want to shout out "The Storm before the Storm" by Mike Duncan. Get it for free from audbile guys by going to audible.com/zaku3. (this is a joke I don't have an audible sponsorship.)

I’d say Marius personally as he ultimately failed but still did show what could be done. This shit show just has to give me another 12 years and I’m gone permanently. Give me that.

2 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I’d say Marius personally as he ultimately failed but still did show what could be done. This shit show just has to give me another 12 years and I’m gone permanently. Give me that.

Well just wait until 2024 my friend!

• True 2
  • Hugs 1

Just now, sblfilms said:

Doom and gloom is soooooooo lazy, fam 

I've considered many times leaving the board for my own mental faculties; I don't need the constant negativity in my life and am getting so tired of it.

Haven't done it yet because it's my favorite place to talk current events. But it's exhausting.

• Hugs 4

I will freely admit that my mental state (which hasn't been exactly great for a very, very long time) has pretty much dropped off of a cliff in the last few weeks to the point where for the first time in my entire existence, I'm seriously contemplating making an appointment with a psychiatrist just to get a prescription for something.

It's not just the impending political situation - it's several other facets of my life that I've come to realize have left me very unfulfilled :p 

• Hugs 10

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will freely admit that my mental state (which hasn't been exactly great for a very, very long time) has pretty much dropped off of a cliff in the last few weeks to the point where for the first time in my entire existence, I'm seriously contemplating making an appointment with a psychiatrist just to get a prescription for something.

It's not just the impending political situation - it's several other facets of my life that I've come to realize have left me very unfulfilled :p 

My life is a billion times better with the combo of weed, Pristiq, and Wellbutron.

Does your job let you take FMLA because ideally you should use it if possible. It takes time to find the right medicine so being able to take time off of work will help. I can't stress enough how much better my life is.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Doom and gloom is soooooooo lazy, fam 

For me, I consider everything I’ve sacrificed; that my friends sacrificed who either didn’t come home or came home a shell of what they were.

Despite contrary opinions, nobody enlists in the marines because they had no options; I believed in American exceptionalism and I was rewarded with this hellscape, in a nation that barely even recognizes the ideals I gave years of my life for.

My success after was an accident, not what I set out for. I’m allowed to be doom and gloom when I consider the terrible things I’ve done, the things I still drink to forget, for this shit.

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm seriously contemplating making an appointment with a psychiatrist just to get a prescription for something.

You absolutely should. I mean that in an supportive way, not in like a shitty one and I hope it didn’t come off like the latter.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You absolutely should. I mean that in an supportive way, not in like a shitty one and I hope it didn’t come off like the latter.

Agreed; lost too many friends to this. If you have htn you go on norvasc, if you have depression you go on ssris 

• Hugs 2

53 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Do it. Mental healthcare is vitally important!

I also want to encourage taking mental health seriously, and there is no downside to seeking professional help whatsoever.  There can only be a benefit from doing so in my experience.

It's very, very easy to retreat into this virtual world of increasingly distressing information, but the thing that helps me most is just going outside.  Interacting with friends or family.  Waving and smiling to somebody that you see.  Find time to do something that puts you at ease, especially if that means shutting down the damn computer.  Know that this community cares, and everyone deserves joy.

• Hugs 1

I was seeing a psychologist for a bit to help with some relationship communication issues and my penchant for turning inward when hard stuff in my relationship comes up. But I discovered the real mental health was the friends I made on D1P.

But for reals it's awesome to be able to put thoughts to words without judgement in any form. It helps.

• Hugs 3

On Election Night in 2020, when it looked like it was going to be a repeat of 2016, I broke down and sped off to my parents place, because I had to talk to someone.  They tried their best to listen, but their words provided little encouragement.

Then of course, after all the votes were tallied, Biden was declared the victor that Saturday, and I felt such jubilance that I posted a big long joyous rant about it.  That same day, my one cousin came out as Trans (which I still believe is not a coincidence).

A lot of good has happened over the last two years, both in my personal life and in this country.  But the sad thing is, with the Jan 6 riots showing just how far the GOP and their voters will go to refuse to accept defeat.  I fear that if the GOP wins both houses, all of the things Biden did will be undone, and the GOP will never accept election results that they don't agree with ever again, which means by 2025 we may be a one-party federal government in all but name.

My only silver lining is that Shapiro looks very likely to be PA's next governor, so at least this will hold off the red tide for a bit.  I'm much less confident in Fetterman beating Oz though...

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I just rewatch The Lord of the Rings extended editions when I hit these points. Always picks me up, but you should seriously see someone. 

• Hugs 1

Are we sharing?

I never spoke to a professional, but I’ll openly admit that I almost drank myself to death in 2020. It’s when I was drinking vodka straight from the bottle that I knew I was depressed and this pandemic was going to kill me, just not from covid.

Hilariously enough, my copy of FFVII Remake came in the mail the next day, and I spent every waking moment playing it for the next couple of months. Then I finished it. But something changed inside, I was inspired. I liked art again. Suddenly, I found myself drawing everyday, and I haven’t felt the way I felt during those early days of the pandemic. Honestly, even if Trump won reelection, I would have been fine. I wouldn’t have been happy, but I would have been fine. Pick up a pencil, the worries go away.

Two years later and I draw shit like this on the daily:

312071655_1505982866515013_6632163500571
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Mario Maiale shared a post on Instagram: "Let’s give the hair and clothes some volume while he decides which sword to bring to the Renn Faire. #art #artist #love...

• Like 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 8