I really don’t see how stuff like this isn’t an op

There have been similar “protests” for a couple of weeks now, supposed anti oil protesters e.g. throwing condensed soup at famous and rare art in major European galleries. 

if it’s not an op it’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen and has absolutely no value at best, and counterproductive at worst. 

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Quick google tells me it’s literally that

blank-720-x-412-30.jpg
WWW.ENERGYLIVENEWS.COM

Just Stop Oil protests are allegedly backed by a fund established by Aileen Getty, granddaughter of oil tycoon Jean Paul Getty

It makes sense—these actions seem so ridiculous for the cause of actually reducing carbon (and make the perpetrators look so ridiculous) that the end result is to reduce sympathy for them. It makes sense that big oil would want this, and fund this.

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:
63706425-0-image-a-14_1666336832525.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A group of nine 'scientists' who glued themselves to the floor at the Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg, Germany, on Wednesday evening have been arrested by riot police.

These fools were demanding buckets to defecate. The show was all, "lol no".

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't remotely understand the point of this. What am I missing?

Assuming this is an op like @b_m_b_m_b_m is saying, it would go like…

Oil group wants people to dislike anti-oil activism > oil group funds a group to pretend that they’re opposed to big oil > said group engages in activities that they claim are to draw attention to big oil, but they do stuff that makes the public hate them > the public hates oil protests in general

• Halal 2

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Assuming this is an op like @b_m_b_m_b_m is saying, it would go like…

Oil group wants people to dislike anti-oil activism > oil group funds a group to pretend that they’re opposed to big oil > said group engages in activities that they claim are to draw attention to big oil, but they do stuff that makes the public hate them > the public hates oil protests in general

Yeah, but why famous paintings?

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, but why famous paintings?

Because most reasonable people are against the idea of defacing famous paintings. It’s a very unpopular thing to do.

So if you are an oil heiress paying phony activists to try to make environmental activists look bad, it’s a good way to accomplish your goals.

To be fair it is also possible that she is just crazy and really thinks this as a good idea and that she’s sticking it to her parents or whatever.

I’m not sure if thats better or worse but yeah either way it’s some weird plan being paid for by this rich lady and not a natural protest which explains why they seem like (bad) actors.

Also being a Getty…isn’t she basicialy just targeting the competition?

This bothered me at first, but these people are aware that they're not doing damage to the paintings because they're protected by glass and it's solely to get people talking.

I think it's an ineffective strategy, but as long as they're not actually trying to ruin art I don't really care.

Here is where one of them talked about it afterward

On 10/27/2022 at 11:52 PM, legend said:

This bothered me at first, but these people are aware that they're not doing damage to the paintings because they're protected by glass and it's solely to get people talking.

I think it's an ineffective strategy, but as long as they're not actually trying to ruin art I don't really care.

Here is where one of them talked about it afterward

Question for AI gurus: If we view society as an old, outdated, unoptimized neural net of massive size, Isn’t the climate activist claim that ‘people are taking too long to recognize the threat of climate change?’ essentially a sort of recapitulation of the vanishing gradient problem?