If DeSantis wins

3 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Companion thread to my "If Beto loses" thread. What do we do if DeSantis wins in November? Because honestly, I see DeSantis as WAY more dangerous than Abbott, who's just incompetent. DeSantis is basically Trump with an IQ above freezing.

I mean, you can't do anything. He will be elected in a landslide. The people of Florida like him for some reason. 

Im guessing he ends up the next president, if Biden runs again. I expect Trump to have a massive coronary before then.

11 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, you can't do anything. He will be elected in a landslide. The people of Florida like him for some reason. 

Im guessing he ends up the next president, if Biden runs again. I expect Trump to have a massive coronary before then.

I think Biden wins again if the Republicans put forth a Trump under a different name. Biden is gaining a lot of traction and if it is some clear evil like DeSantis or Trump then the women and minorities will come out in droves to stop them.

5 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

DeSantis has the charisma of a goat turd. He’s only popular to the morons who mainline Fox News. He’ll look like a common goon in front of a normal audience. Besides, once Trump calls him DeSant-ass during a debate he’ll only pull 2% in the primary. 

He’s literally the bad guy Sorrento’s avatar from Ready Player One, and just as smart.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I hope to fucking God that the Democrats have better sense than to run Biden again. And that they won't run Kamala as a back up. I don't see either of those scenarios ending well.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I hope to fucking God that the Democrats have better sense than to run Biden again. And that they won't run Kamala as a back up. I don't see either of those scenarios ending well.

I mean this is the party that ran Hillary....sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

I mean this is the party that ran Hillary....sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I just hope they realize that Biden only really won because a shitload of people were like "at least he's not Trump"

Hell, my dad would absolutely vote Republican, he just hates people like Trump and DeSantis. Run Mittens again and he would 100% vote Republican 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Biden is absolutely fine. His age is an issue but with trump as the nominee it isn’t as he’s almost nearly as old and twice as senile

I mean as someone that hates everything the Republican party stands for he's what I'll vote for if that's my only choice.... but that's not true for a lot of the people that voted for him when the only other option was Trump.

• Halal 1

59 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I'll vote for if that's my only choice

There ya go. He’s fine. He’s either good enough or the first choice for most of the party. 

feelings towards him right now don’t matter. His approvals nearly match both trump and Obama at their respective points in their presidencies. Once things get closer to 2024 and the choice is more clear it will be different 

• True 1

48 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There ya go. He’s fine. He’s either good enough or the first choice for most of the party. 

feelings towards him right now don’t matter. His approvals nearly match both trump and Obama at their respective points in their presidencies. Once things get closer to 2024 and the choice is more clear it will be different 

That's the thing - I think he only won because he was a known quantity that happened to be going against Trump. People didn't vote for Biden as much as they voted against Trump. Remove Trump from the equation and I don't know how much support Democrats can galvanize behind Biden again

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You can’t

Assuming he doesn't run again (I don't think he will, his ego couldn't stand the possibility of losing twice) he is removed. DeSantis can try to be Discount Trump, but it's hard to imagine how that will affect voters who were "anyone but Trump."

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

He isn't. He might want to, but no way he can campaign and deal with his legal troubles at the same time.

Donald Trump transforming into the Witch-king of Angmar on live television is a more realistic possibility than Trump letting legal troubles prevent him from declaring his 2024 candidacy. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Donald Trump transforming into the Witch-king of Angmar on live television is a more realistic possibility than Trump letting legal troubles prevent him from declaring his 2024 candidacy. 

tbf there’s like a 50/50 chance of Donald Trump transforming into the Witch-king of Angmar on live television 

• True 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

He isn't. He might want to, but no way he can campaign and deal with his legal troubles at the same time.

The campaign is how he gets out of his legal troubles. Suddenly the question becomes “can you indict someone running for President” and the DOJ sits on the hands.

• Halal 2