If DeSantis wins

Just now, sblfilms said:

I think there is a whole lot of underestimating of DeSantis going on here. And Biden, TBH.

More overestimating Desantis in the R party and it’s relationship to trump. Poll after poll has trump v Desantis with a major trump advantage and that before any debate happens. 

if you want to be bullish about a non-trump pretender it’s Glenn Youngkin. But he’s also slated for a decent finish in New Hampshire and nothing more. 

it’s trumps party and the rest of these losers, who all have all but plead fealty to him, are living in it. First debate where one of these goobers has to refer to him as “mr president” they’re gonna lose. 

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

¿Perdón?

Look, I'm not saying I give any fucks what his voice sounds like. I am not personally mocking the man's speech... that said, if you listen to him, he does talk with an ever so subtle "gay" accent or slight lisp. If SNL and late nigh hosts start doing impressions of him as this effeminate whiney little twerp, and Trump goes to war with him and starts in on that line of attack as well... it's really going to hurt his image with large chunks of the republican base and lizard brained swing voters.

47 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

More overestimating Desantis in the R party and it’s relationship to trump. Poll after poll has trump v Desantis with a major trump advantage and that before any debate happens. 

if you want to be bullish about a non-trump pretender it’s Glenn Youngkin. But he’s also slated for a decent finish in New Hampshire and nothing more. 

it’s trumps party and the rest of these losers, who all have all but plead fealty to him, are living in it. First debate where one of these goobers has to refer to him as “mr president” they’re gonna lose. 

I don’t disagree that Trump is the odds on favorite to win if he is above ground in 2024, but the idea that DeSantis lacks the charisma or whatever non-tangibles people believe important seems to severely misunderstand the appeal of goblins like Trump and DeSantis.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t disagree that Trump is the odds on favorite to win if he is above ground in 2024, but the idea that DeSantis lacks the charisma or whatever non-tangibles people believe important seems to severely misunderstand the appeal of goblins like Trump and DeSantis.

I mean it’s all academic because there’s not a chance that Desantis beats trump, let alone a world where trump wouldn’t sabotage someone who beat him. But Desantis doesn’t have the same appeal that trump does and part of trumps appeal is trump himself, it’s not like there’s much policy wise to him other than bog standard conservatism 

• True 1

If Trump and Desantis run against each other, it's going to be quite the fireworks show.

I don't think DeSantis will run if Trump does. I think that would tear the party in two and leave DeSantis permanently damaged... and I think DeSantis is smart enough to know this. I also think Trump will wait as long as humanly possible to announce if he's running or not and it will cause all sorts of chaos and strife amongst the party.

I can see Trump backing out at the last minute and putting his weight behind DeSantis and that is honestly the scariest outcome.

Trumps secret weapon is that he's 100% willing to go scorched earth and leave the Republican Party in ruins. It really doesn't hurt him much at this point. It will be fascinating to see what happens if the GOP and their entire media wing are forced to turn on Trump en masse and drag him through the mud. At this point I really think it's a fairly likely outcome and it will be bananas to watch.

10 hours ago, ort said:

Look, I'm not saying I give any fucks what his voice sounds like. I am not personally mocking the man's speech... that said, if you listen to him, he does talk with an ever so subtle "gay" accent or slight lisp. If SNL and late nigh hosts start doing impressions of him as this effeminate whiney little twerp, and Trump goes to war with him and starts in on that line of attack as well... it's really going to hurt his image with large chunks of the republican base and lizard brained swing voters.

I don't think @Joe took issue with you offending trump by saying he had a gay accent more along the lines of offending gays by saying his accent was gay.

• Halal 1

20 hours ago, MarSolo said:

The campaign is how he gets out of his legal troubles. Suddenly the question becomes “can you indict someone running for President” and the DOJ sits on the hands.

Thats literally not a question at all. You can't just pretend all your worst fears are reality.

23 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Trump will be dead before then. Massive heart attack. And I think people are way too confident Biden can beat him again.

If he runs again, Biden smokes him. Not only are independents sick of him and his bullshit, a lot of REPUBLICANS are. Nobody wants to put up with four more years of his bullshit. 

45 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If he runs again, Biden smokes him. Not only are independents sick of him and his bullshit, a lot of REPUBLICANS are. Nobody wants to put up with four more years of his bullshit. 

I mean, I hope you're right, but 538 doesn't show that. It's looking like a dead heat by polls there. Of course there's two years, and hopefully Trump is convicted AND buried before then, but I think Trunp has a very real chance of winning again.

"Biden smokes him" sounds a lot like 2016, except that Hillary had wider polling margins. And if recession worsens by then, its real bad for dems (even though its not the fault of democrats, they still get the blame as the party in power).

On 10/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, BloodyHell said:

I mean, I hope you're right, but 538 doesn't show that. It's looking like a dead heat by polls there. Of course there's two years, and hopefully Trump is convicted AND buried before then, but I think Trunp has a very real chance of winning again.

"Biden smokes him" sounds a lot like 2016, except that Hillary had wider polling margins. And if recession worsens by then, its real bad for dems (even though its not the fault of democrats, they still get the blame as the party in power).

You have the people who hate Trump who will come out to vote against him again, the people who want abortion rights reinstated who will come out to vote against him again and Biden is doing a MUCH better job than most (all?) Democrats expected so they will vote for him again. I think the Republicans will have to run someone more acceptable to the Christian base to get the votes they need to beat Biden (please help us all it isn't Pence).